Sylvanas Loyalist Quest Line Gone?

I just started an alt through the Sylvanas Loyalist quest line. I got to the point where it usually asks you to either go tell Sylvanas or go find Saurfang.

All i got was the troll telling me to go find Saurfang. Did I miss a step or was the quest removed and you have to follow Saurfang?

UPDATE
The quest is still available! However, all of the comments below, including blizzard posts, state that the choice will not impact anything moving forward (unfortunately).

UPDATE UPDATE
I chose the “go tell Sylvanas” option. After I turned it into her she said “I never doubted you for a second. For the Horde!” and that was it. There was no follow up.

1 Like

MY WORST NIGHTMARE COME TRUE IF SO!

Literally been wondering about this I hope it isn’t true, when I’m done with Lannisteros I’m making a new Horde main and I want my Sylvanas option!

4 Likes

I got to the point in the mountains where you kill the guy with the dogs. I believe thats the point where you chose and it tells you if you chose to go tell Sylvanas you dont get that brown cloak.

I didnt get that option this time and the only thing that happened was the troll popped out and gave the Saurfang quest. I even went back to Sylvanas and there was nothing available.

Did you choose the dialog option telling Zekhan that you won’t betray the Warchief, or did that not show up?

Here’s how the quest is supposed to go:

If this true I’m gonna laugh so hard.

Blizz just slapping it’s fan base across the face for making an RPG choice was funny enough, but this is rich.

2 Likes

I didnt get an option from Zekhan.

I just remember I told him “get away from me troll I won’t betray the war chief” but I was literally so worried thinking about 8.3 and if it got removed, I do know my Alliance friend faction changed to Horde, and he had done all the stuff on Alliance, and had to re do Horde side war campaign and zones, and this was before 8.3, and it never gave him the option in his faction change either, so it either bugged or it was writing on the wall but I’ve been worried about it ever since he told me!

About time they get a dose of reality and accept that Sylvanas never cared for them and that shes the villain

8 Likes

The easier solution is to tell both to shove it.

4 Likes

My favorite ending to Vampire: The Masquerade right here.

The most amusing part is that my question had to do with whether anyone else experienced what I’m experiencing regarding the quest. I really have zero interest in what you think about Sylvanas Loyalists.

6 Likes

I don’t think the OP is looking for a Sylvanas debate, because imo Sylvanas loyalists (myself included) are pretty loyal

Back on topic seems like they should say in patch notes? Or SOMETHING like oh yeah we removed this quest, or had warned us prior like we are removing this quest 8.3

6 Likes

Yeah, im looking through the notes and so far I dont see anything.

I was between Zandalari Druid, Vulpera Warlock, BE Warlock, or BE Paladin, I normally I only like 2 characters and I’m benching my BE mage, and when I was done on Lannisteros I was looking forward to making my new Hordie loyal af

I really hope we get some answer to this, seems like it wouldn’t make a difference to leave in tbh…

Well, this is 8.3 so they probably removed that stuff.

1 Like

So now I’m wondering if the choice has any impact in future content. If the choice does have impact, im going to stick with the character that completed it. If not, I wont. It seems like it wont have any impact, I’d take a title or something that says “Sylvanas Loyalist” or something ;]

3 Likes

Yeah, now it’s about a threat to Azeroth from N’zoth so all that other stuff is over. For all we know Sylvanas was in cahoots with N’zoth like she was in cahoots with Azshara, so…

It’s not supposed to. As I recall, someone asked and they basically said that the only thing special you got was to talk with her at Windrunner Spire after she kills Saurfang. There’s no other special treatment for siding with her past that point.

I just want the toy I was promised.

3 Likes

My blood pressure shoots to 100 every time i meet a Vampire the masquerade fan.

And the lone wolf ending was the most satisfying things in an RPG ever.

1 Like

I completely understand, but removing the quest line all together and forcing the Saurfang narrative? Just seems odd. The quest wouldnt have hurt anything.

3 Likes