BfA taking your character for Cringe animations

After watching the cinematics BfA has pretty much become a story I dont want to touch from my character’s story perspective, usually when I make a new character I want to do all the previous expac stories but damn BfA is beyond Cringe with the whole “Yer a Champion of Azeroth Harry” and losing control of your character for some ultra cringe cinematic at the end of the Nzoth raid.

And the one thing I would be interested in doing being the Sylvanas Loyalist questline is removed so everyone is automatically labeled a dumb muh Honor supporter

How much more cringe are we gonna have to deal with? In legion we lose control of our character in a cinematic so we look like some brainless tough guy trying to parry Aggramar’s Giant sword with a tiny dagger, now our characters are completely taken over some some ultra cringe animation you would expect from some terribly written story from some tiny terrible indie company.

24 Likes

Chomp-eon! Azeroth cries out to ya! Azeroth be needin’ ya! Come te Silithus! There’s somethin’ ya need ta see!

Definitely agree with that Legion cinematic though. RP walks outside and wields their weapons like they’re gonna do something. C’mon Blizzard.

22 Likes

The fact that i was using some really crappy looking daggers didnt help back then lol

Also, i agree that i dont like how we are treated almost like the protagonist, we are just one of many heroes, not THE hero, and it really affects their writing negatively

13 Likes

Ugh I still remember doing my DK mount quest and was stuck in a clown suite during that whole cinematic really ruined it for me.

3 Likes

I just want to go back to being an adventurer…

And maybe flirting with that cute blood elf bar maid once an a while…

29 Likes

Oi, I parry with my big ol’ bear butt tyvm! :laughing:

3 Likes

I disliked being a ‘commander’ in wod. That was so lame

7 Likes

Yeah this style that the random 129328th WoW player is the special hero rly needs to die and disappear.

Hell because of BfA story being this cringy and bad I might just have my panda DK be a completely new character that hasnt bothered with previous expansion story at all, I have a completionist need but no way I want my character to be related to the cringe we see in BfA so never killing Nzoth HaHa

Good thing im not playing and just farming gold from AH in case shadowlands isnt terrible.

8 Likes

The cringe part being the whole Argus patch.

Horde being no reason to be there.

And they act so casual about badmouthing them.

They don’t wonder why any of the Horde characters are not attacking them.

Save for Belf

1 Like

The faction divide should have ended there

It proves neutrality does not work.

There is many lore characters that still have a reason to fight.

And still characters like Alleria that still holds grudges.

The faction divide should not have to end because Blizzard was stupid enough to base a whole xpac on the faction war.

2 Likes

I feel like everything up thru “Champion” was fine. It made sense for NPCs to slowly start to recognize our contributions as time went on.

But I think it should have stopped at Champion.

Becoming leaders of any kind was a pretty big jump. We DON’T make decisions. We read quest objectives and kill stuff. That’s what we’re good at. Point us at the bad guys and the bad guys go away. The whole Darkshire situation with Stitches proves that we’re followers, not leaders, or even thinkers.

8 Likes

But a female intern said she loved retail for the power fantasy and Danuser said Sylvanas is his waifu.

1 Like

Can you imagine still using the word “cringe” in 2020?

9 Likes

Power fantasies dont belong in MMOs

6 Likes

It’s almost like treating the quest experience of a MULTIPLAYER GAME like it’s a SINGLEPLAYER STORY doesn’t work out in the end, does it?

But this is exactly what Blizz wants and is catering to. On the back of the box for the new starter edition that catches you up to Legion, it says “Create Your Own Story”. By which they really mean “we’re gonna railroad you through a power fantasy where the whole world can’t stop fluffing you and telling you how cool you are”. So this isn’t gonna be changing anytime soon unless people vote with their wallets.

TBH i really miss when the Faction Leaders stayed missing or just chilled in their fortresses and keeps waiting for the enemy faction raid to kill them for honor points. I miss being some no-name adventurer and the game didn’t pretend that we were the one who killed Lich King, Deathwing, whoever, as if it wasn’t something literally everyone else go to do.

It’s like waiting in line to go on a roller coaster, experiencing the thrill ride, and when you get off you’re told you were the only person brave enough do it and to ignore the line of people getting on after you.

I want off this ride, Blizzard. Stop treating me like I’m special when I’m just a murder hobo motivated by gold and shiny things.

14 Likes

yeah I can imagine it. I’ve got a pretty vivid imagination.

6 Likes

Just because it’s used a lot doesn’t make it less true, I’m a back line mage not an apprentice of khadgar lol.

7 Likes

Honestly a lot of issues with the type of story they are telling us could be resolved with simply the acknowledgement of many champions as well as not putting the entire fate of the world/universe in the hands of a singular champion. The issue isn’t that we save the world, the issue is that without our PC all is doomed.

But with how the story has fluffed us up to this point, the only real way to fix it without everyone just getting dumb on us is a soft reboot.

3 Likes

well, we should start shadowlegends…lands as no one in a new wolrd. But we’re probably instantly will become chose one saviour

1 Like