Suspensions going out for cache abuse

i just went to OC, and from what i can see, there was more to this than simply looting stuff out in the world.

it’s time to stop pretending.

2 Likes

What even drops from those that it’s worth a ban for “exploiting” them?

1 Like

Nope, it’s simple world looting :slight_smile:

And the drop is 500 void essence.

3 Likes

In my case it was just farming mobs for fragments in the Vale. The locked chest even had the event marker on it yesterday even though it was suppose to be weekly(?). I only got a one day suspension though and have a ticket open asking what the reason for it was.

They might not respond here but most of the time when these things do happen there is something posted somewhere to clarify what happened and why. Seen it done multiple times and as other’s stated, it’s usually for a good reason these bans/suspensions happen.

There are 2 sides to this story right now. The OMG I just got suspended for “exploiting” and I wasn’t doing anything wrong. I had no idea it was wrong, I had no idea looting something that gave such good rewards on repeat could have been wrong. Then of course those that actually did it and got in trouble for it and are lashing out at anyone who don’t agree with them that they should have been able to sit around and reap such good rewards and when all else fails name call like children and stomp their feet cause they got a little slap on the hand from daddy Blizz for being naughty. When all else fails, “you’re stupid”. Such low tolerance for other opinions that don’t mesh well with theirs.

and then the

Well it’s always been like that in this game and you should have known better probably after the 2nd time you should stop.

Regardless, they will clarify somewhere. Maybe not here…and there is more to it, we’ve seen it before and we will see it again.

I chucked a post up in CS to get some more visions on it - wasn’t personally suspended however I was in discord with my three raiders who were while they were streaming in the channel and doing the Skyshard route :shrug:

1 Like

I can’t even find one of the bloody coffers.

Oh… God forbid people be able to do their new content more. “You string this out as long as possible and you like it!” lol

1 Like

Skipping it tbh. I did the opening quests on my hunter in Uldum, and the vale. Have no interest whatsoever in corrupted gear, or having to wash it whatever, or leveling up a blanket either. As soon as I level up a vulpera, and some others in the BFA zones, and get them to around 400 to 415 il, then I’m out. Looks like they are going with this similar rubbish system in Shadowlands to, which is why I’m glad I didn’t pre purchase it.

We need answers!

1 Like

But how can people know that they were exploiting?

Unless the caches or the relics say, “1x a day only”.

5 Likes

It was recently posted in CS and Blizzard locked the thread and said to post it over here.

ETA: Copypasta of the response if the original poster of that thread doesn’t paste it over here:

7 Likes

Blizzard may find a lot of people do the same sort of thing. If a player isnt interested in doing the last raid for whatever limited stuff that gives (limited in that at this stage of the expansion, its about all there is to do) then levelling the cloak and doing the grind is not interesting to them.

Making a new race DK or levelling an allied race toon or toons seems at least to be attempting to find the fun.

1 Like

Yeah. Best advice now is do not open any caches till we get answers.

1 Like

Well they despawn now once looted, and don’t seem to respawn for a while…so then next Tuesday perhaps.

Highlight the part of the comment you want to quote and option will appear above it saying Quote". Click on that.

and it does that in your comment.

Wonder if I got banned? I was clicking on anything I found. How would we be supposed to know?

1 Like

Try and log into the game

I got suspended for 3 days and 7 hours or so as well, no email, no communication, just went to log in and theres a suspension. Assume it’s from the void caches, but every mob in the zone dropped those fragments so guess it sucks to be me. Not my fault the chest they wanted to despawn didn’t (nor could you be expected to know that since it was the first day of the patch.)

1 Like

This is the point I guess.

Blizzard’s response in the past to things that are considered exploits is that they put up warnings here and elsewhere saying that this is an exploit, they are hotfixing it, anyone who does it from now on gets slammed with the suspension hammer and they will do a case-by-case for people who have done it prior to that. The problem here is that it’s something in very new content that many players would see as just a nice lootable object they can grind for - and its not like this patch isn’t full of grind as it is.

So if you find a bug that lets you repeatedly kill a world boss that everyone knows is normally on a major cd once-per-week kill status, anyone with an ounce of IQ knows thats a real exploit. This one - if it has been happening - is way more iffy.

2 Likes