Suspected Sockpuppet Mass Liking My Posts

I did, and do, because he looked into it instead of telling Tal that worrying about the accusations would be silly to worry about, but I’m not going to continue this back and forth. Not derailing the thread over a wise crack comment.

1 Like

Not in here we don’t. CS forums WAY diff than GD forums.

3 Likes

Generally speaking, liking a post isn’t going to get anyone in trouble as there isn’t anything wrong with using the system to do so.

If an account wishes to like a post with a specific posting character, that is fine. If they then use another alt to like a different post, that also is fine. Where we get into questionable territory is when multiple characters from an account may be liking a single post.

In that situation it may lead to the Moderation team looking into it. While the link Perl provided is primarily for forum appeals, if you have a specific incident, you may forward it there so a Mod can take a look.

14 Likes

Yeah… you’re right.

Is the email for that still wowcmfeedback@blizzard.com?

That email tends to be more focused on Community Manager and Community MVP/Council feedback.

I don’t know if they’d be looking into possible harassment or system abuse reports, that usually falls under the jurisdiction of the Moderation Team.

6 Likes

Ah ok got you.

I think I misread what you posted before.

I figured as much, so nothing I can do there. They did, however, send me in-game mail from the draenei that just liked your post, but I guess that’s neither here nor there, either.

This has happened on at least two occasions with the alts in question, so I will certainly be reporting that. I already submitted a ticket about the inappropriate names, though. We found other characters from this account that also have extremely unacceptable names, but I am waiting on my ticket for that. I’m probably going to update it to refine the details. Thanks again.

13 Likes

If the forum software only allowed an account to like a post once it would fix most of the issue. at least it’s not reporting… yes I know it get punished (sometimes) but even then just removing the ability to do so would make less work for everyone involved.

That absolutely is something that we’re working on, more to restrict the number of reports a single account can make on a post but it should also restrict likes as well. It is a rather complex issue though, so we don’t have a timeline on it.

10 Likes

What the devs should do is add our account names under our avatar names so we can still have character identity and uniqueness on the WoW forums while being easily identifiable.

1 Like

Didn’t they planned something like that and the forums blew up about it?

1 Like

That was when they were going to go with RealID, which would have been terrible. BattleTag is used by all the other forums and will hopefully get adopted by the WoW forums too.

10 Likes

The only fear I have, personally if folks naming their accounts some…let say, not so nice things so it appears on the forums.

1 Like

Right now they can make up to 50 inappropriate names to post with anyway. That’s per WoW account and you can have 8 of those under a single battle.net.

3 Likes

A BattleTag that violates policy would be changed, if reported and reviewed. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Well, they can do that with character names which is technically much worse since they can make 50 per account.

I support BattleTags being added supplementally. We get to keep our characters, misbehavior is notably prevented, sockpuppets and trolls are far more easily detectable, and moderation becomes easier. Everyone wins.

3 Likes

Yeah, they do that anyway with char names so it just gets flagged.

Some have expressed concern though that they have a tag that has real info in it or something they are not comfy with.

We all get one free Btag change, and in the past they have offered another to those who used it so they could fix things after a game change (OW forums). If Blizz went to Btag (pretty please!!!) then I would hope everyone would have a tag change so they can pick something they are comfy with and appropriate.

The character would not be gone, just used as an avatar and trust levels, flags, likes, post history would be at the Bnet level and Bnet tag would show as well. Just like all the other Blizzard forums.

10 Likes

I received a response to my ticket. Moderators took action (and couldn’t specify what it was, obviously) and stated that they are aware of the problems I raised with people using alts for nefarious purposes, and are looking into it. I lost my ability to post GIFs >:O but I would like to thank the moderation team for acknowledging the problem… since I forgot to do it in the ticket feedback.

19 Likes

Sounds great. Should cut down some false flag reporting. It will save the sanity of your poor moderators as well.

wiggles toes