Support using A.I. Copy & Paste Response

It is. You’ve clicked “agree” to it a number of times by now - most glaringly right in the social contract screen. And please, just to stifle the argument that “no one actually reads that!” - anyone who hits “agree” should. Just because someone blindly clicks something doesn’t mean they’re still not held to it.

Source

Most notably the last line there. Advertising any third-party program is strictly against Blizzard’s rules. Discord, Twitch, Youtube - any of it. And while you’re advertising it is enough for the sanction, it likely could have hit the “spamming” box as well. You can’t advertise those channels in LFG, you can’t advertise them in any channel chats, you can’t advertise them under any circumstance in game.

Source

8 Likes

Look nothing automated thats how these lies are spread and people dont open tickets because of this lie every apeal is handled by a real person when you sprout this lie you only making it spread more.

Make sure your friends know trade chat knows etc time to stop this malicious rumor time to be part of the solution not psrt if the problem of spreading lies and misinformation.

4 Likes

if it’s not appropriate for the game, it’s not appropriate to send via email carrier.

…yet you can say this with such certainty?

15 years is a long time.
things change.

6 Likes

Yeah. That’s all good for me. I missed it, made a mistake and deserve the silence.

I still think that it should have been communicated to me properly. Especially when I submitted the appeal twice in game and received the exact same copy / paste response. The response gave me a link to the polices that did not have that information in it.

It also said multiple instances of chat abusive. I think I linked it one time in Scarlet Monastery general chat. And a lot of people were NOT happy I did so and when I saw how much negative reaction it had I didn’t do it again. But again, I’m good with the rule if that is what it is.

I just think it’s very misleading to say “multiple instances of chat abuse” instead of saying “Advertise outside sources of communication”.

3 Likes

Based off of what standard? Lol that makes no sense. So if it’s not allowed in World of Warcraft chat, it’s not allowed in an e-mail? So you base all of your daily e-mails off of what you can or can’t say in a video game?

Uh… yeah? It’s not hard to search your e-mails to find these types of things. I have some back in 2005 that shows the info in the e-mail. They were also warnings with no suspension. Not that I’m saying this one should have been.

You’re right. But that doesn’t mean things need to become worse. You would expect them to improve and become more clear and stream lined.

1 Like

Yeah, people are really quick to go after folks who advertise their platforms. And though it mentioned “multiple instances”, that may just be a victim of the templated letter. The majority of people aren’t necessarily going to care about the response they get, and will just keep at it until they’re squelched or further sanctioned. I will be the one though, to thank you for reading the room (as it were) and stopping after seeing the reaction. It really is quite rare, I’m sad to say.

They actually were providing snippets of what got people sanctioned as recently as last summer/fall, but then they stopped. Why, not a clue. That would be a Dev decision, and they really don’t bother explaining such things. The GMs just do as they’re instructed to, and part of that is sending out templated responses to keep all of the information going out uniform for whatever the sanction may be. I have though, seen people get responses back when they inquire as to what was said to get them in trouble, but it comes along at some point in the appeals process. Just not in the initial appeal(s), apparently.

I’m sorry it took coming here to get a straightforward response as to what incurred your suspension. The best way you can provide your thoughts on all of this is to make use of the survey(s) you receive when your appeals ticket(s) are closed out. Those are sent to the folks who handle all of that feedback to try and better the system.

8 Likes

this has nothing to do with my personal emails.
my daily emails don’t consist of sending masses of emails which potentially contain profanity.
does it make sense to you that a company would want to send out thousands of emails which contain inappropriate content?

…i mean… there’s a reason why it was deemed inappropriate.

it would also be a fairly standard expectation that people who have agreed to the terms multiple times over 15 years, would take the time to skim them at least one time before hitting agree.

5 Likes

Yeah probably. I just started the whole stream / youtube thing two weeks ago so I’m still figuring this stuff out. And since I only did it once, I didn’t even think about it until he mentioned it above.

Yeah, I get that too. I didn’t feel that it was specifically the GM’s fault. We all work for someone.

I honestly feel like I got lucky getting a response here. I let it go yesterday, but then saw a few streamers post reaction videos to others having similar instances. Then I saw this post and and started to wonder again.

My appreciation to Vrakthris and other players that clarified things.

4 Likes

So you consider “Hey guys, I just started streaming on twitch if you want to come hang out” to be inappropriate content for an e-mail?

What has that got to do with Blizzard being clear on what the suspension is for? If you get pulled over by a police officer and he writes you a ticket, but doesn’t tell you what the ticket is for, are you going to be upset when he says “Go look up and read the traffic laws”? My suspension e-mail was for “chat abuse” when I was inviting people to watch a stream, which is apparently considered “advertisement” in this case.

You’re missing the entire point. I’m not annoyed about “the rule” that I missed when reading the terms. I’m not even annoyed about the punishment. I’m annoyed that the message I received was vague, unclear and not labeled properly. And when I tried to clarify it, I received the same copy / paste message twice from the in game ticket system, which provided a link to a list of polices that didn’t even include the rule that I broke.

1 Like

no, i understand that a large chunk of chat infractions are language based, and there’s only one template used for chat infractions.

i’d read the ticket.

regardless, if i want to use the road, it’s my responsibility to be aware of traffic laws.

sounds like it was?
you seem to be hung up on the term “abusive”.
it was an abuse of the chat system.

3 Likes

Calm down.

Nobully has been a forum regular here for a long time. They’re not here to pick a fight.

You certainly are though.

Please, chill out.

3 Likes

I think were well done the well done point here guys lets put this topic to bed nothing more can be said at this point.

No, it was completely irrelevant.

If I wanted to pull an advertizing banner along behind my car, and wasn’t sure if there were laws surrounding it, I’d check before doing it.
…but that’s just me.

If you think there needs to be a change with the way emails are handled, you could suggest changes which you think will improve the system.

4 Likes

Then why bother even having a text box and picture upload option? You might as well just have a single button that says appeal at that point.

1 Like

I guess because it’s the same interface used generally for all tickets.

Regardless, as stated, an appeal is not to plead your case or provide evidence. It’s simply to have another set of eyes go over the evidence already collated (ie, the in-game logs, and they are highly detailed).

6 Likes

I find this extremely hard to believe, considering I had the same name for 2 whole years without incident.

Can you show me where the naming guidelines are? And that explicitly states some sort of classification and examples and not just legal jargon.

In my personal opinion that should be a requirement of the name filter when making a character and not the subjective thoughts of a singular human being that comes across it.

1 Like

While the investigative teams use the behind the scene logs, sometimes mistakes can happen in those investigations or what dings the systems. Now, that isn’t in regards to social sanctions (i.e. inappropriate names, chat sanctions), but moreso things like hacks, botting, cheating, etc. Social sanctions are pretty cut and dry. Other sanctions though, there is more room for error.

While the logs are inviolate, sometimes the information provided by players can help to explain an anomaly that got Warden’s attention. There is one static appeals ticket screen.

You providing screenshots and other evidence of other people breaking the rules though? Why would that have any bearing on your own poor naming choice(s)?

Like I said, social sanctions are pretty cut and dry. Context doesn’t matter, nor does all of the twisting and turning folks will try and do to validate why they named something what they did. You don’t get to decide what offends other players any more than they can decide what offends you.

Blizzard doesn’t have “explicit” anything. Their GMs make that final call, period. People will armchair lawyer anything and everything to try and get around rules, so Blizzard has to keep their rules fluid to keep up with them.

5 Likes

Thing is champ - reporting a name doesn’t get it actioned. Blizzard’s investigation and they determining if the name is appropriate or not gets you actioned.

Surely that concept is not hard to understand?

What you are trying to do is the very reason why Blizzard is vague when it comes to reasons for account action. You are trying to lawyer the rules.

7 Likes

I find it interesting that you assume your own narrative for those three words and it’s so far off from the reality of the situation.

In reality, getting picture evidence meant compiling public google search results with the name I used to show it was in sci-fi books and in other video games.

So for real life advice, I recommend asking questions before believing a false reality you thought up. It can get people in a professional work environments in a lot of trouble or lose your job.

Yeah, and I want it to change. So I have the option to post it here.