Support a Streamer and Twitch Drops Now Live!

Until it’s available on the Trading Post :rofl: so give it a year or two

People are struggling and you want us to support Million dollar streamers.

It was then Melni saw the future of what was to come. He took a swig of whiskey, loaded up the guns.

I agree with your points, but I feel I need to counter point by reminding you streamers are basically the newspaper ads/commercials we grew up on. As well as the “Word of Mouth”

Heck, you just made me realize all streaming is anymore (especially bigger streamers) are convenient ways for them to still get commercials to us since streaming services (Netflix/Hulu) offer ways of being rid of commercials. Those streamers are quite literally our newspapers these days. Our PC Gamer subscriptions. Why advert on TV or Paper when no one interacts with those?

That being said, imma come back to the light side and say I hate that this is the case. I don’t agree with it and kinda wish streaming wasn’t a thing. But it is part of the business model now. Blizzard just struggles to find where they fit into that model. Instead of innovating like they did when WoW was launched, they are trying to be sheep now. Blend in with the status quo. Gone are the days of being the only MMO you can legit quest to max level. Gone are the days of Talent trees being revolutionary. Gone are the days of Valve trying to port one of your games and remake it into something new. No one wants to steal from Blizz anymore and that should be the signal of their imminent demise. Let’s at least enjoy the ride on the way out haha

1 Like

No thanks. Not even if you paid me.

1 Like

On your mouse you’ll find this weird, textured wheel between the left and right mouse buttons. If you spin it downwards, you’ll start to scroll down on the webpage.
You don’t have to click on the #1 channel with all the viewers. You could indeed support say, a 25 viewer streamer, a disabled person, an elderly person, a kid just doing it for fun, someone promoting a charity / good cause.

But I guess grumbling about the top 1% and RP-ing about grabbing your shotgun is fun and productive too.

1 Like

They should do this with YouTube, to help people who create content.

The mount is free, the pet is not. You don’t even know what you’re supposed to be outraged about.

1 Like

You’re half right. It’s ‘watch stream for 4 hours to get mount’ Yeah, for the pet you need to buy a couple twitch subs.

1 Like

I wish they would up date the graphics on the Magic Rooster egg mount it could use it …but I still love my Chicken mount …

I sort by lowest views and pick a little channel every time.

1 Like

Come 2029 if the game is still running that year is the year of the Rooster…bet we get a Rooster mount that year with the Lunar Year event.

1 Like

Being ‘popular’ doesn’t mean it’s not inappropriate.

I made reasonable suggestions for those like me who actually grinded for those TCG mounts on other event like giving us the item instead just for people here to laugh and be toxic with me on the VERY FIRST POST: Can Bliz at least make the TCG mounts from Twitch drops tradable? .

Even in this thread, someone flagged a post from me for no reason and it was removed already. Just because I said this:

"The same argument can be made for gladiator mounts, AH dinosaur, FOMO achievs and so on.

May as well just give the mythic mounts instead to end with the whole boosting market.

**** integrity I guess."

I honestly think this community deserves every bad thing that happens in this game at this point seeing how toxic people are for no reason most of the time. A game can only be fun when FAIR PLAY exists. And making those mounts Twitch drops isn’t fun or fair in any shape or form for those who spended hundreds of hours grinding from then. I never felt “entitled” to have things that was removed before I could even play the game, or the AOTC mounts that I’ve missed because I couldn’t play. So why it’s ok to do this things with TCGs?

You know what? Not everyone who got those mounts are whales, or gamblers, or whatever, I live in Brazil, those TCGs didn’t even got released here and I never bought a single WoW token or anything since paying the sub is already expensive enough.

Feels incredible bad, it was my first TCG mount and my favorite mount. I just got happy of how I was using it again since Skyriding was implemented and now it will be just got dust like the Feldrake that no one bother to use anymore, because everyone has and put zero effort in getting it.

1 Like

Bull there are tons of players that want that low res Magic Rooster Egg mount now…its a Chicken mount is all they care about.

I am just so tired of this influencer nonsense.

Why should I watch someone with most likely a ruined CV play video games, while he is screaming, shouting and eating infront of the camera?

2 Likes

I open a tab and just mininize it whike i game or eat dinner and stuff

1 Like

Does this mean the owl pet requires a sub to streamer and the mount does not?

“Hey boss, we still have some unused TCG mounts. A lot of people spent an awful lot of time and gold achieving those. Should we like make them earnable to players in a meaningful way, a quest, or an achievement? We could also come up with something that involves some sort of crafting and incentives player engagement long term, like with T3”

“Or: We just dump them on twitch to drive up those engagement metrics at launch.”

“But that would alienate a significant portion of our playerbase and only help shareholders”

Boss doesn’t even listen at this point, muttering to himself : “Yes, that’s exactly what we should do”

3 Likes

Your sense of humor is terrible.

Weird . I just read the article. Seems you have to spend money (buy two subs) during an eligible twitch stream while the time period of the promotion is active — for the pet, which imo is the lesser of the two rewards.

While the mount can be earned simply by watching 4 hours of an eligible twitch stream. Which I suppose the old tab out minimize with volume on 1 will work like it did n past twitch campaigns.

Also for the subscription requirements Amazon prime subs do NOT count.

Very weird blizzard does these things - meaning the involving watching streamers - I didn’t thing streamers needed help, seems most of them do fine.

Anyway I may go for the mount but pfft I ain’t spending a dime for that pet so that’s out.

2 Likes