Support a Streamer and Twitch Drops Now Live!

Of course. That some have a million or more followers must be an illusion. :sunglasses:

Meanwhile, just watch people here making jokes about how sweet your tears are.

That’s cool. A family playing together is honestly one of the best things I’ve heard about WoW in a long time. And please know I’m not talking crap about streamers. I’m just saying, I have zero interest in keeping up with streamers. I’m not a meta chaser. I don’t know any streamers to support. But I genuinely think it’s really cool that there are families that play together :blush::pray:

2 Likes

I earned the Magic Rooster this way. I won’t be upset if they release it, but I’m betting they won’t. The reason is it’s terribly low-res and looks bad. It’s a really funky chicken skeleton with abbreviated wings that was shoved butt-first into a hawkstrider. They’re ashamed of it.

What I can’t stand are people who say AoTC mounts should remain special no matter what, but TCGs should just be re-released for twenty-five cents, because skill is god and should be respected but your time and money are worthless.

They did have an enchanting recipe in the Legion beta for a rooster mount, but they apparently abandoned it. There’s still a chance that it could happen this way.

Just wait, they will.

Skill is dead in this game since boosting services are allowed on this game, so they just need to stop removing things from the game.

If they do they will have to majorly update the model.

All I hope is that the update is NOT forced on me. They updated the chicken battle pet and ruined it. The old one was low-res and charming. The new one looks abysmal.

I will not be upset if they re-release the actual magic rooster which I have and spent years earning.

I will be livid if they re-release it with an updated model, force the updated model on me, and it is as badly done as the chicken battle pet.

Oh yeah, it would probably be higher res, which would be fine by me. Veteran players get to keep the original as well as get something new, and those who didn’t have one at all also get something out of the deal. It’d be a win/win.

1 Like

Honestly, I would rather just pay money than watch a streamer.

2 Likes

This would make me very happy. Nobody wants the old model anyway. They will say it is ugly. And I would use the newer model… as long as it doesn’t suck.

1 Like

I usually just open Twitch in a separate browser, set it to the lowest resolution, mute it, and then have to running in the background for 4 hours.

2 Likes

He started streaming so I could watch him play and also so he could pull out of his shell… he’s always been quiet and the streaming has really helped him talk more confidently around other people.

1 Like

Tusks of Mannaroth? I know people say prestige items don’t exist. But for players like you who put in the effort at the time, what’s your proof anymore? If everyone has the item why not just wait until it’s easier to get? Rather than beat my face against my computer until I accomplish a meaningful task that fills me with dopamine.

I fully support you friend. Prestige items SHOULD be lost forever once the chance is gone. Or at the very least I should have to work at least as hard. Yea, I think you can still farm Tusks on live, but it’s still a grind and trapped behind weekly lockouts. Earning them in live is still an accomplishment because you put in the attempts to unlock the Garrosh shortcut and then beat his A** until the Tusks dropped for you. Now all you needed was a couple weeks of running the raid daily to guarantee them.

I genuinely feel bad for you, because I refuse to put in the time, money or effort to get something I know will be easier to get in the future.

1 Like

That’s incredible.

1 Like

Open the twitch app on my tablet, select a twitch drop enabled streamer, set the resolution to meaningless, mute the tablet, put the tablet facing the wall in another room, plug it and let it go. Just check from time to time if the streamer has taken a break. Force me to watch? Yeah right!

The movie “The Incredibles” said it best… If everyone is super, then no one is.

2 Likes

Damn… That hit me :no_mouth: for real though, if no one is special what’s the point in putting in effort to he special for 30 seconds. I think the only true prestige in WoW anymore is World First, or top .1% PvP rating. Outside of those things, everything becomes easily farmable with time. So maybe the secret is nothing is special except the best players in the world. Which makes sense. In CS2 or DOTA or LoL no one cares about casuals, the only players that matter are the streamers and players good enough to make a pro team. I’m seriously wondering if that was the thought behind collections in WoW. “Everything will be easy to get eventually, so let’s stop making so much special stuff.” Now we have AOTC, World First and top .1%

1 Like

Then i guess you dont get the mount and pet.

What kind of answer were you looking for?

So everybody that cant afford to pay for the launch weekend and have delayed access can watch people who can afford it. Great idea blizz def wont get lots of hate over the weekend and just bad pr

2 Likes

One thing I notice is a lot of people suggest loading a streamer, and then minimize the streamer. Even have heard some streamers suggest doing that as well to get credit toward the 4 hours. My question would be, why would Blizzard continue to support this method. If no one is truly watching, other than its on hopes that a few people that never played World of Warcraft join ranks?

Just can’t see this as a sustainable method to prolong the game. When I first started playing, long before streaming was even a thing. You heard about games by commercials on TV, in magazines or physical locations like gaming stores. I understand multimedia has changed over last 25 years, some for the better and some not.

1 Like