Still no Access following Invite - Please address this

Login boss too stronk

1 Like

At this point, I think I will log a ticket, just to see what response I get.

EDIT: But then again, we were already told that CS reps cannot do anything about Betaā€¦so what would be the point.

We just need an update from CS, regarding what Dev has to say/do with our accounts.

1 Like

Let me know how that works out for you

2 Likes

Alright, well I went ahead and re-opened the ticket I made yesterday.

But how many unique posters that actually had an issue? There are only a couple in this tread. Itā€™s not the wide-spread issue you claim it is.

The Stress-test realms will be disabled at 6pm Pacific time tonight. Youā€™ll need to wait for the next one anyway.

We would still like to know what the problem was so that it does not happen again the next time. If it does not concern you why do you care?

All well and good, but those of us impacted, based on yesterday, will NEVER get the download, regardless. Until the issue is corrected.

You wonā€™t be told what the problem was. Thatā€™s not something they do. As the issue happened internally, you have no control over it happening again. So you donā€™t need to know. The SFAs in this forum are not liaisons with the Devs. Some of them arenā€™t even in the same state. You could always try asking the Devs directly using their Twitter account.
https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs

2 Likes

I did that yesterday. :slight_smile:

Actually some of us on the forums figured out the problem even while CS was telling us it wasnā€™t the problem. The Live PTR and Beta/Stress tests are indistinguishable between each other from an account management perspective. Since PTRs are capped at 2, if you had 2 Live PTRs for whatever reason, your account could not be flagged for beta/stress access because your PTR was capped.

Some of us were proactive with having CS delete one or two of the Live PTR accounts, in hopes that the reflagging would go through this time. Blizzard instead only flagged accounts that still had the 2 PTRs, as their script checked for something like:

If account was flagged for access
and
If account had 2 PTRs
then
delete 1 PTR
and
flag account

not:
If account was flagged for access
and
if account has 1 PTR
then
flag access
or
if account has 2 PTRs
then
delete 1 PTR
and
flag account

2 Likes

FURTHER to this.

Even if one got removed, when they did the follow up data fix wave, those of us that had a CS rep remove a PTR did NOT get access to download.

That is what we want corrected, because there is 0 reason to believe it will work in further waves.

So you have to post in the Classic forum. The Devs donā€™t take feedback/suggestions/bug reports from the Customer Support forum and the SFAs who post here are NOT liaisons with them. It is not their job to pass that on to the Devs. Posting in Customer Support will not see it ā€œcorrectedā€.

Iā€™m not looking for Dev to come here. That is not a reasonable path of communication.

Iā€™m looking for feedback, as we have seen, from Customer Support, who gave us feedback previously in related issues.

The discussion taking place yesterday did not conclude. You can bow out, a CS rep can move this if they like.

I just noticed an option for beta/stress test in my launcher. Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s a delayed stress invite or closed beta, but it does appear blizz is looking into this.
(i was one of those who paged CS to remove a PTR account)

1 Like

I am at work, but I noticed a new PTR account showed up in my account management. I cannot confirm if it is for the stress test or the closed beta. I am guessing it is for the stress test as the system is finally catching up.

Edit: It seems that something caused me to post on a different character than what I have been posting on.

Thatā€™s my assumption, too. and Iā€™m also at work so I canā€™t verify until I get home.

If you install it, log in. If you got the Beta there are three realm options. If you only got the Stress Test there will be only one option. You can still try out the stress test. It will be available until 6pm Pacific.

Good to know. Iā€™ll give it a shot in a couple hours and see whatā€™s what. Do you know if the flag status is removed after 6pm PST or does getting accepted once ensure I will be able to stress test the next two events?

Iā€™m afraid I donā€™t have any information on that, Dokta. Iā€™ve forwarded my information up, but CS is unlikely to be the one providing any updates on Beta or Stress test participation. It is more likely that if any information is available someone in Community Management (the blues that post in General Discussion, etcā€¦) will be the ones to post.

Actually, they should be. The restrictions should have been updated yesterday to allow posting there. Iā€™m confirming if all restrictions were lifted, so you only need an active account, or you need to be flagged for beta or the stress test.

Edit: Should be anyone with an active account can post in the Beta forum as of yesterday.

4 Likes

It just showed up in my launcher too. I downloaded it and it is only the stress test not the actual Beta