Still no Access following Invite - Please address this

Hello. As the other thread is locked, I would please like to have another one which handles those who still missed out, and what is being done to address it.

This is in regards to people who manually removed their PTR access, yet still did not get the Install option for the beta that they should have.

6 Likes

What do you mean? I think Vrak mentioned in the other thread that some people may have been out of luck for last night’s test.

The good news is that you didn’t really miss much. Personally, I only got to battle the login boss.

For their next stress test, I’m sure they will be reflagging accounts.

5 Likes

This is an assumption. Yesterday the assumption was that we would still get our download option, but we did not.

Yes, based on timing, End of Day for the Dev’s, sure.

What I mean though is that those of us who performed a manual removal by CS of our PTR instances, have corrupt (as far as the invite/install logic goes) Account states.

We did not get reflagged.
We did not get a download option.

We DID get invites.

There is exactly zero reason to believe based on yesterday that we would get further options to install in the case of a Beta Wave push, or the next Stress Test push, and so I want this to remain an item for Development to review, and correct.

3 Likes

I think this thread is necessary because it allows CS to provide an update as to whether those of us who paged CS to remove the PTR account will have the potential to be flagged for future stress tests. Right now, it’s up in the air as to whether we will get future stress test invites since their system had previously flagged our accounts, but in actuality that flagging process never occurred due to the 2 PTR issue.

3 Likes

There’s nothing for CS to do, they don’t handle this kind of thing, nor do they push out those waves. All they can do is inform and try to help. If there’s nothing to give, then there’s nothing to give. Making a post about it won’t make it appear faster.

6 Likes

Except that it’s not their job. They don’t have anything to do with the beta. The Devs and QA do. You need to post in the Classic forum.

4 Likes

We’re aware of that. The idea isn’t for CS to fix anything; rather to relay any messages the devs tell CS back onto us, since Vrak yesterday made them aware of the issue, it would be nice to know what the developers response is. Since none of us have any developer’s cell phone numbers, this seems like the place for it. If a CS says the Classic forum is more appropriate place to post this, so be it.

1 Like

If Vrakthris, or another CS representative believes this needs to be moved, that is fine. Considering the thread related to this issue had over 1K posts and 6K views, in this forum, I’m comfortable initiating this discussion here.

3 Likes

THat’s not the job for the CS forum. It isn’t a place to get info from the devs whenever a player wants it. The dev will pass down info when they feel like it’s ready to be given, not give it on demand.

4 Likes

Yeah I agree it should be here. If possible I would like to see an update at some point

2 Likes

No one is asking for it on demand. This is just providing a thread for an update when he gets it. How else will we know? Will Vrak make a sticky about it? We don’t know.

3 Likes

The stress test itself is over. The servers are still up for a few hours though. Like they do with the PTR sometimes. All anyone is looking for is early access. To play in a sandbox.

5 Likes

Thank you for starting another thread, I still have a ticket opened about this mess we dealt with.

What is it you’re hoping a GM can do? I hate to break it to you, but there’s really nothing more to be done at this point.

7 Likes

The clarification we’re looking for is that those of us who asked CS to delete a PTR and weren’t flagged, but received the email, is are we still eligible for the future stress test waves, or does the system think we’re already in because it assumed we got it the first time, when we didn’t because of the 2PTR bug

2 Likes

I spoke with CS earlier to see if there has been an update. The update was that the Devs are looking into this issue as it affects those that have 2 PTR accounts. My issue was that I had 2 PTR accounts and 8 retail accounts, which means that I am at the account limit for PTR and Retail. I was not given an eta on an update, just that they are actively looking into the issue and discussing options.

I’m in the same boat as the OP. I’m not looking to have anything handed out to me for experiencing the issue I’m just curious to what happened and see what dev has to say and if anything is being done so others don’t have this issue in the future.

2 Likes

All the CSF reps here can do is pass along what they’re told. If they’re told anything. You’re welcome to open a direct communication with CS using livechat

2 Likes

And that’s all we’re asking for–passed along information from the devs. It wouldn’t make sense to open a ticket with CS every day or so asking for an update–it would make sense to just update a public thread everyone can read.

All OP did was create a thread asking for an update. Once they get an update I am sure they will let us know. Live chat only tells one person not everyone who had this problem. I really do not see an issue here