SPY should be allowed, but just know you use a crutch

I didn’t think if a rogue was in stealth from the get go, spy would show them ?
My spy didn’t seem to work right, so i use Vankos but that one does not show stealth.

1 Like

I added all frost mages to kos to run when it alerts me. It’s amazing. When I hear stealth alert I get excited and hopeful

What spy does to rogues is this.

No spy? The rogue gets the jump and the ganked player hasto register what is going on before they can react. They are not in a pvp mindset yet, possibly farming or talking to guildies etc. Basically slower reactions and unplanned pvp gameplay

With spy? The ganked player is ready to react instantly because all of their attention is on waiting to be jumped, they stop talking in gchat, they are attacking mobs differently or not at all with the expectations of the jump. They have the pvp scenario mapped out in their head before its even happened.

I think it hurts rogues more than ppl are saying it does.

1 Like

stealth is so slow in classic that you may not be able to catch a moving target by dis mounting and sneaking from far away

you might have to sit and post up somewhere and wait for someone to cross your path. now that is viable, but then you get people talking in chat giving you away too

It’s awesome . Spy says start dropping freeze traps and flares + use detect stealth.

You have no idea how this addon works. What kind of brain dead idiot wouldnt know they are about to engage a rogue if they entered into a duel with aforementioned rogue?

Spy can’t help or hurt anyone in this situation.

Good god man wtf?

3 Likes

Its easy how it affects rogues…

Here is a common scenario for me:

O look a human lock farming… ill gank him…he has no idea im here!

Dismount amd stealth…

Lock immedietly pops perception… dots me up before im even in melee range.

Spy addon just breaks any kind of surprise, not just stealth classes…

Almost immedietly

1 Like

I manipulate the very atoms and electrons of the universe in order to play!

1 Like

Quarks and leptons are what you use, unless you’re a baddie.

So what if the rogue stealthed behind you out of sight of your camera and your crutch… er addon goes off STEALTH PLAYER NEAR…

You would react a bit differently than if he had the jump on you no?

1 Like

And since it was a human you wait 30 seconds to approach, perception wears off and has a 3 minute cooldown. Now you can approach in stealth.

Are you that bad of a rogue that you wouldn’t stay away until it wore off??

1 Like

Good players don’t need addons. I got to 31 without any

He would of never had a reason to pop it unless the addon said i was in the area…

So we have to play around the addon now too right?!

Dont be nieve

Point being , it is very obvious who has the addon…

Play a rogue and stealth near anyone with it. But dont let them see you stealth. … watch them start to go bat #%@%@ crazy with aoes, racials, flares ect… its comical

See, this is where you went wrong. You made an assumption that the lock didn’t notice you addon or not.

Do you know what happens when you make and assumption? You make an A$$ of U, and Umption.

Addon or no, you dismounted in plain sight of the lock. YOu have no idea which way his camera is facing. Next time don’t be so lazy and dismount out of combat range.

1 Like

Of course im not going to dismount on top of him…

I can gaurantee someone will react differently with the addon vs without

Thats fine, but you were still too close. Learn your opponents abilities, cooldowns, timers etc. Humans locks have multiple ways to see you long before you can reach them. Good rogues who really want to gank will wait, and wait, and wait some more. Then when it is safe to approach because perception or whatever wore off proceed to get your gank on.

Every clothy can tell the difference between a wanna be rogue from pve server that thought classic would be a gank fest vs good rogues that know their class and know my class too. Doesn’t mean i will die still because stack 4300hp self buffed lol

But they are welcome to try.

1 Like

Sure he would have. The fact that you stealthed appears in the combat log. Any smart player without the addon would have that open instead.

Don’t we alrwady have one giant thread talking about this?

Good, I don’t care what y’all think. To the victor go the spoils. :]