Spoilers: The Fate of the Night Elves (more tragedy)

:fire: :fire: :fire: Well, at least I didn’t pour the gas on Teledrassil? :fire: :fire: :fire:

If being edgy lets you feel something, then I am glad I was able to help. :slight_smile:

:cookie:

(Commentary): I believe we’re going to encounter another Night Warrior in the Shadowlands, one we have to kill or something. I imagine Tyrande will be the first Night Warrior to overcome whatever drawback there is to it. Also, I think Ysera is going to be reincarnated as an Ancient.

Cataclysm was 10 years ago. They lost essentially nothing.

No. I just want to understand what’s so bad about you reclaiming Darkshore?

Except it literally wiped out an entire camp of Forsaken in an instant.

And
 again, he barely escaped.

The Horde lost its Warchief, the Goblin Leader, and Nathanos. Which leads to the reform of the Horde and the end of Warchiefs. That’s a major Alliance victory. It means the Horde will never again kneel to a tyrant who has 100% control.

Trying to show you how pathetic you sound. You may not realize this, but the majority of my characters are Night Elves, and the first character I ever played was a Night Elf, and I still have that character to this day. Quite literally the only reason I am not Alliance anymore is just because I personally like Thrall.

The Horde lost Undercity.

That’s a victory.

Yes, and he conquers the city, and forcing the Horde into a corner. The only reason the war wasn’t ended there was for two reasons: Honor, and Azshara.

Except the entire expansion was about that role. You do understand the entire purpose for the War of Thorns. It was an attempt to create peace for the Horde and Alliance in generations to come. Sylvanas used that as a way to trick the Horde and Alliance alike about her motives.

She then burned Teldrassil. The burning was not the actions of the Horde army. The burning was an action from Sylvanas and her loyalists.

You say story arc but don’t even define an arc.

No. I actually rolled my eyes at it. I found it incredibly stupid at first that Sylvanas was actually going to evil route. Luckily the Saurfang cinematic followed. And as I said prior, I have more Night Elf characters than anything else.

Got my what?

Maybe you haven’t realized yet, but Sira is quite obviously being mind-controlled by Sylvanas. She was raised into Undeath but without free will.

Also Bwonsamdi probably kills her and Nathanos in the new book.

Yeah, but you never told me what was so bad about the story. You have literally just complained that your race got beat up once and you never got to wipe out an entire enemy faction as vengeance? Tyrande’s story goes further into the Shadowlands and we have no clue how it’ll end.

You’re getting a story. And it’s not a bad one. If you want to explain what’s so bad about it? Go ahead. Because for now, you just want a Mary Sue, which is completely hypocritical.

5 Likes
SPOILERS

It appears that we’ll see the story of one ancient former Night Warrior known as Selenis, and Tyrande and the Player Character will witness the story of Night Warrior Selenis together.

Ironically, there is another NPC in Bastion called Caretaker Selenis who may or may not be connected. She appears to be a peaceful Kyrian and a Caretaker of Stewards (swolkin/owlbois).

1 Like

But they did get spotted by Sentinels. Read Elegy. One of them literally gets decapitated by Saurfang.

1 Like

Retrieving those souls from the Maw and delivering them to the Night Fae to be returned to the cycle along with Ysera would be pretty decent IMO. It doesn’t negate what happened but it makes it clear that hope endures.

3 Likes

(Statement): Thank you for the clarification!

1 Like

Unconfirmed

Insanely unconfirmed.

Is nice that you think the fact that these things are not confirmed will stop the OP from making a thread about how everything will be awful for sure, totally.

I mean, she already totally knows that a “cinematic that will pull at your heartstring” will be bad.

Everything’s fair game to place the back of her hand upon her forehead and say that woe is her.

Going to be honest here: Why does it seem like all these Night Elves think exactly the same? It’s like a hivemind full of people who love to make every good situation into something bad for themselves.

For instance.

Blizzard: “Tyrande’s story continues into Shadowlands!”
Forum Nelves: “And Sylvanas will probably be redeemed, game is dead, my soul is shattered because my low res stump- I mean tree is gone”

1 Like

That is just Elesana.

I consider myself a night elf fan and i don’t think any of that.

4 Likes

When did Genn get punished?

Sorry, meant to say female night elves. Not to sound sexist or anything but it’s just like the Male Human Paladin trope. But instead the Female Night Elf treehugger.

Because 8.1 was not enough justice for Teldrassil for us. Simple.

You can say that we’re asking for too much but I explained that much better here why we (or I) are dissatisfied.

As a lot have said, it’s less about the plot points, more about the execution. You may not realize, but despite how unsatisfying the Darkshore campaign was
 it took surprisingly powerful backlash from both community, YouTube streamers and even an op-ed by WoW celebrities like Red Shirt Guy to even get it to the fairly unsatisfying point it was released in.

Red Shirt Guy did a great write-up on all the things wrong with it:

h ttps://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blog/comments/the-8-1-darkshore-quests-are-really-bad

Now, to Blizzard’s credit, they did fix a bit of it when the noise became loud enough
 but what can’t be fixed is the attitude the Devs clearly have for Alliance. The fact they planned to release this version of it, the one talked about in the blog post, is clearly indicative of the lack of care and consideration they have for what should be satisfying Alliance content.

7 Likes

Well they did want Tyrande to not know how to control her powers originally in the darkshore scenario. A lot of night elf players complained and they changed it to kill some of the undead and a Val’kyr.

Now that not knowing how to control her powers is going to happen in the shadowlands (seems like devs had to change the story a bit). Because we as players don’t actually know how the story progression will go. Alot of writers write in low points and then some high points. How long that will take in the warcraft universe is not known.

They hate you because of Goldshire

1 Like

I’m surprised they mentioned the Night Elves at all really. They’re probably in meeting after meeting as to how to pull off the Sylvanas was innocent all along and it was really someone else and oh we’re going to put a Sylvanas body pillow in the gear store.

:cookie:

8 Likes

Honestly, it probably would have been better not to mention them at all
 than more reminders of how dead and useless their race is.

For what? Intercepting and stopping Sylvanas in Stormheim? He received intelligence and learned of her plans before that.

1 Like