(Spoilers) Ardenweald, Tyrande, Elune and Sylvanas

What, there was not even pride in your immense intellect? Or did you just say “These elves are stupid and we are ordinary”?

Having literally just played this scenario on the PTR, uhhh… I don’t see it.

The dialogue/situation has a giant Maw portal and it’s implied this massive portal will overrun Ardenweald, you’re supposed to fight them off but then it cuts to a cutscene and the generic dialogue implies Tyrande carved her path through the portal from the Maw into Ardenweald, closed the portal and then collapsed from fatigue.

Considering canonically she’s spent weeks/months fighting in hell and yelling at the top of her lungs, that’s pretty badass and well-deserved.

As for “SHE’S LOW HEALTH!”, she’s rapidly healing/losing health just like she does in the Ardenweald covenant quest where you meet her in the Maw. With the very same buff. She wasn’t “defeated.” Again, it’s meant to show she’s exerting herself.

2 Likes

Because 10k years of relative peace, with no real opponents to keep your skills sharp, or any way of knowing if/when the Legion would ever really show up again … is kind of a recipe for ceremonial upkeep taking root. Because truly, all the Druids going to sleep for hundreds of years at a time was not really benefiting that diligence against the Legion you’re suggesting.

2 Likes

What have druids got to do with it if I’m talking about robbers? Don’t believe in self-learning systems?

Imagine the Night Elves civilian force as Macaulay Culkin and the forest his chrismas house he has booby trapped. Now the Wet Bandits (the Horde) can perfectly kill the little annoying boy messing with their heist but with the House booby trapped they have a hard time of it.

Perhaps this would lessen the Ugh Triforce?

2 Likes

More or less. I’ve had my tangent.

Regardless, we don’t know the full story of this scenario and are missing very key points of the story. But as of what we can see at this point, it seems as though the cooperative forces of all four covenants were being pushed to the breaking point and Tyrande alone comes in and (despite exhausting herself in the process) singlehandedly pushes the Maw forces to retreat. And it really was just the WQ screwing up, not Tyrande.

1 Like

Honestly I can’t be bothered to care unless its a cinematic and its against the Horde. Killing demons and weird ghost things meh. Been there done that. Don’t care.

Ikr? Its always easier to pick on the ones that are already down.

1 Like

The main problem is Tyrande once again losing and getting humiliated by Sylvanas… you know the one that basically took eveything from her and her people.

2 Likes

Depends on what you classify as “down” these days. Everybody is in the pits, save Dwarves. Those folks are doing pretty OK. But threads like these with certain NEs jumping the victim gun grew old 2 years ago.

3 Likes

Good. Their attitude has been terrible for 4 years now. They deserve it.

5 Likes

Not really. Slavish dedication is why many natives of several continents are still the undisputed kings of tracking and hunting. When was the last time you used calculus? Why did I have to do check rides every year?

Use it or lose it.

Victimized is a good word for it and no recourse to have revenge or improve their situation. A lamentable situation that I think only Forsaken come close but they have an abandonment issue with Sylvanas divorcing them and taking the House.

That sounds like players in general.

:pancakes:

Saving ardenweald is losing now? lol grasping at straws

I am a offensive and I find this victim.

2 Likes

So? The Darkspear didn’t get revenge against the Naga or Kul Tirans. The Forsaken weren’t allowed any relevance against Arthas in WotlK. As it seems far more likely the Alliance side of those events is the more canon. Neither were the BEs for that matter. The BEs don’t get revenge for the Purge. The MU Orcs didn’t even get a bit part against KJ. Talanji wont see justice for her father. And I HIGHLY doubt the Forsaken will even get a passing mention with their manipulative abuser here in SLs. “Revenge” (or lack there of), and resolution to racial motivations … is a luxury that Horde races don’t really expect. Instead our “Racial Content” is mostly us just getting to kill members of our own races (even those not even really relevent to us like Dark Horde).

Not sure you’re barking up the right tree here on that issue.

5 Likes

You are not taking revenge on the third force. The Alliance does not take revenge on the Horde.
There must be some difference in this. Maybe, how can the Alliance beat a tsunami, but not a neighbor, and vice versa?

The heart is destroyed, Sylvanas and the Jailer get what they want. Tyrande loses, and the few Night Elf souls that we DID save are likely also getting destroyed.

1 Like

Everybody had a bone to pick with Arthas hence why the Argent dawn became an inter species war effort to take him down with both factions led by Wrynn and Sylvanas to take care of him. You just mad you didn’t get special treatment.
You really seem to be into tit for tat arguments. If I am unhappy then you must be unhappy next to make myself feel good. SAD!!

Lol no one cares about a vague decades old RTS reference.

Purge was a response to Theramore bombing.
Blizzard did an interview that Alliance lost Theramore so they will get Dalaran in return, boy that sure lasted long huh?

She got him involved. You reap what you sow.

Because they keep starting the BS man.
Look at how flimsy your list is, you have dig up vague cinematic lore facts from an RTS game nearly 20 years ago.

6 Likes

Who cares its shadowlands, it doesn’t matter what happens there when we leave. Why do you care if the heart is destroyed or not? It needs to be destroyed so we can see what the big evil plan is and to ultimately see it fail spectaculariy. Looking at you Nzoth.

1 Like