(Spoilers) Ardenweald, Tyrande, Elune and Sylvanas

Seems like Sylvanas will be attacking Ardenweald and killing its inhabitants. I’m not sure if she kills the Night Elf souls but it’s not unlikely.
Tyrande then appears to fight Sylvanas, loses in a humiliating way and gets severely injured and the heart of Ardenweald gets destroyed. Sylvanas then leaves.
Tyrande also isn’t part of the raid either.

Seems like it’s going further and further downhill for Night Elves in the resolution for Teldrassil, shame. But I guess that’s just normal when the writers hate a race that much.
Originally I thought that they would just ignore Tyrande, but now that I think of it it’s even more insulting to make her lose like that against Sylvanas, and allow Ardenweald’s heart and potentially the zone itself to be destroyed.

Seems like it’s true that Night Elves can and will never get a positive moment, especially not a victory against those that killed and tortured them.
After 3 years of “build up” (or making us wait), the writers came up with a story where the victims are once again defeated and humuliated by their abuser.

New chapter just came out: Tyrande loses her powers, we’re told that she was basically posessed by Elune and that Elune is neither a true goddess nor exclusive to the Night Elves anymore, she’s the Winter Queen’s sister instead.
We also previously found out that Elune didn’t even save the Night Elves’ souls from going to the maw.
Furthermore, Tyrande doesn’t seem to want justice against Sylvanas anymore either.
This also seemingly tries to paint her as unreasonable and crazy during her Night Warrior phase, and now she’s so reasonable anymore. Besides I can’t think of a single unreasonable thing she did or wanted to do as the Night Warrior.
This also means that the Night Warrior is now gone.

I guess you can say that we also lost Elune now with Shadowlands. In 9.0 we learned that she isn’t a Night Elf goddess and that she doesn’t care about the souls of her people because she let them be obliterated in the maw while Bwonsamdi saved his people.
Now in 9.1 we lose the Night Warrior without any pay off and we learn that Elune is not even a goddess, but just some equal to the Winter Queen instead.

Sigh…what an amazing resolution for Teldrassil that was… if anyone still doubts that the writers hate Night Elves… now they even took away Elune (and her former goddess status) from them…

19 Likes

My prophecy is coming true :smiling_imp:

7 Likes

Dude, thats not entirely what happens.

Which bit is wrong?

1 Like

And then the ship Sylvande Whisperwindrunner no-one saw coming occurs. And Syvlie convinces Tyrande that NEs are ICKY and GROSS and “we hates them precious”, and the two run off to join the Jailor hand in hand! :smiley:

16 Likes

We cant confirm if the heart is destroyed. We have no idea how the fight goes down. Thirdly, in the night fae scenario. her health was already rapidly changing.

Look if you have access to Danuser’s personal notes you need to share with the rest of of us instead of teasing a few parts, okay?

22 Likes

Maybe you should stop the kneejerk reactions.

26 Likes

Y’know, despite the absurd grammar and spelling errors there are actually some pretty juicy tidbits within the nightmare halls that comprise his dream-journal. It did get a little weird though that he kept shifting back to Nathanos watching “intently, oh so intently” TyrandeVanas do their thing.

4 Likes

Huh but Ardenweald is so NOT a night elf zone… Yet haft of the ‘‘blizzard spit even more on night elf’’ thread argument are actually about Ardenweald…

21 Likes

I think the focus is on Tyrande failing to stop Sylvanas from accomplishing her task yet again, sport.

Ergo the big scary Night Warrior power that is apparently killing her and makes her super powerful counts for nothing. Again.

24 Likes

anyway how I understand it is Tyrande stops the Ardenweald assault but ends up injured/stalemate, meanwhile Jailer’s forces somehow get the heart. You talk to the wq after the battle and she tells you to check up on it iirc.

I mean not being able to defeat the second big boss of a expansion alone doesn’t make you weak or doesn’t mean that blizzard hate you.

No horde leader have ever been close to the level where they could go on a raid boss alone even less a raid boss as important as Sylvanas. The closer was Thrall with deeathwing and it wasn’t alone, it was thank to the aspect.

Just the fact that people expect her to beat everyone just show how to strong Tyrand is and is a good reason for a nerf.

4 Likes

Seems to be a redux of the Darkshore fight, yeah. Goal is accomplished by Sylvanas regardless of any interference of the Night Warrior, etc. It could change somewhat later in PTR, the Darkshore fight initially had Tyrande and Malfurion doing basically nothing against Nathanos at all.

12 Likes

Why to people think tyrande was going to beat the final boss of the 9.1 patch which most of the playerbase has been dying to fight

2 Likes

Sylvanas is literally juicing on like a constantly increasing amount of soul power from Z-daddy. Like, truly, the chances are that a Tyrande who’s suffering the blowback of harnessing Elune wouldn’t have beat Sylvie (who was already able to go toe-to-toe with Malf during the WoT due to that doping) … was always remote.

There is a wide range of outcomes between “worthless” and “win” with this sort of settup; we have no idea how Tyrande actually preforms beyond that she ultimately loses to Sylvanas herself.

1 Like

I don’t know why anyone is surprised we lost, thats par the course for adventure fantasy stories. Villain accomplishes goal, then we win.

I just saw that OP was whining in a other thread one hour ago that Tyrande wasn’t in the patch. Shouldn’t he be happy now?

1 Like

Got the good ol’ Blizzard monkey’s paw wish.

1 Like

Making Tyrande lose and destroying Ardenweald (potentially even the NE souls) is a level of hatred I didn’t expect the writers to openly show.

2 Likes