Something is wrong with warriors

If you have proof, I’d love to see it.

2 Likes

30% chance means every time you swing, there’s a 30% chance it will be critical. You’re not guaranteed 30 criticals out of 100 swings.

At least, that’s what chance is supposed to mean.

Sure…I’m leveling a Paladin and he has zero agi and around 5% crit and the other day rolled 4 crits in a row.

What I’m saying is randomized chance is streaky.

The coin flip exercise of 50% H/T each time but you end up with different sets for every ten tries.

So OP can be just unlucky regardless of game mechanics.

1 Like

Could be they have had time to gather gear with far more crit on it.

Exactly. Basically, there is no such thing as a dodged crit, they’re mutually exclusive. Dodge, parry, crit etc are calculated and whatever is left over is a normal hit. If nothing is left over because dodge + crit + parry + miss% exceed 100, every hit becomes a crit.

1 Like

This has been tested into the ground, both in classic and vanilla. Its a fundamental part of how warriors gear and why hit becomes important as you approach crit cap.
You are 10000% wrong.

Its not just int shout, but most of the CC is that way in classic. I remember CC being extremely fragile in vanilla wow, but here its almost like you can use things like gouge as a stun for a part of its duration. The only thing you can do here is adapt because blizzard is probly not gonna fix it.

His description is correct for things like Mortal Strike, but wrong for auto attack. Auto attack is a single roll, but for special attacks its 2 roles. 1 role to establish if you hit the target checking for dodge, parry and miss and the second based on the first to check for crit.

I don’t PvP, but this is exactly how it works in PvE. One attack table, one roll, results are mutually exclusive and collectively exhaustive.

The attack table in your example would look something like this…

Miss 0% (assuming the attacker is hit-capped)
Dodge 75%
Parry 10%
Crit 15%
Hit 0%

1 Like

Once again, you are 1000000000000% incorrect. Why would auto attacks have an entirely different roll table than abilities. Not only is that completely wrong, it doesnt even make sense.

Auto attack is a single role system.
Special attack is a dual role system.

Because the hit cap for auto attack is different from the hit cap on special attack. Why blizzard did it that way I dont know I did not design wow’s attack table.

But dont take my word for it. https://vanilla-wow.fandom.com/wiki/Attack_table

https://www.engadget.com/2010-05-10-theorycraft-101-the-melee-hit-table-page-2.html
2 Likes

rekt

:clown_face:

1 Like

Because yellow attacks dont suffer glancing blows. They are calculated differently.

1 Like

Thats not the same thing. White hits have glancing blows, which adds an extra element into the table, thats all. The table and the formula are still the same, the crit cap is just 40% higher because of the reduction of glancing blows on the table

No, yellow attacks don’t have glancing blows.

https://vanilla-wow.fandom.com/wiki/Glancing_blow

“These occur only on white damage and result in the attack having its damage reduced in proportion to the difference between the attacker’s weapon skill (capped at the attacker’s level * 5), and the target’s defense skill.”

Editing my post to cover yup you edited your post and how you so boldly asserted that yellow attacks do in fact suffer glancing blows.

Its pretty poor form to edit a post so completely like this.

2 Likes

They do not, please find me a parse where you see a glancing blow on Backstab or Sinister Strike.

I mistyped, same concept just backwards. Yellows dont have glancing blows, whites do. SO whites have the extra possibility on the table which makes the crit cap higher

We know for a fact that crits are calculated across all attacks, not just hits. So if you can explain to me how they’re maintaining a 30% crit rate across ALL attacks, if they’re using a 2 roll system, then I’m all ears.

Don’t find it surprising when people will no longer engage with you. Aggressively asserting falsehoods that are trivially easy to fact-check…and then editing your posts after-the-fact.

1 Like

Because you dont have a static crit rate across all attacks. The white attacks suffer glancing blows. Yellow attacks like sinister strike do not suffer glancing blows. Your yellow attacks only need the minimal hit cap before they can no longer miss. However they can be dodged from behind.

This parse shows an extrme luck situation with absolutely zero misses on backstab, it almost never works out like this.

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Ng36HjMLDTZtb4pB#type=damage-done&boss=-2&difficulty=0&source=7

If you look at Melee crit and add 30% you get the backstab crit rate assuming no attacks miss.

This next parse illustrates what happens with crit rate on backstab if you miss, but notice the melee white attack crit rate is static but the backstab crit rate falls down because of the avoided special attacks.

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vXqPjMgAnR6hkBw3#boss=-2&difficulty=0&type=damage-done&source=33

White attack having a glancing blow would lower your crit cap by the glancing blow rate.

So for example, glancing blows being 40% would give you a maximum theoretical White attack crit rate of 60% because glancing blows cannot crit.

Contrast that to your special attacks only being limited by the chance for a boss to dodge.

However if you look at any melee parse you will see that their auto attacks regardless of the chance to miss, glance, parry and dodge arent hampered in critical strikes because its a single roll.

But when you look at that same characters chance to critically strike with a special ability you can usually view the crit strike chance minus the avoided attacks that were dodged, blocked or parried, and then you have your crit chance for the special abilities. Obviously we cant include abilities like overpower because it has special rules.

1 Like