Something is wrong with warriors

A warrior cannot two shot a bear, btw. If you died in two globals, we spent 5 putting sunders up on ya before then.

1 Like

Wow. Surely this should not be the way it works.

Well, its very in keeping with old rpg/dnd style rules. Think about like DND 3.5 armor class. When something has too high armor class, you can only hit it on a natural 20, which is a crit roll. The higher their armor is, the higher you have to roll and the closer you are getting to only your crit rolls actually being able to land on the target.

Same thing happening here basically. Getting too hard to hit so only your really high rolls(crit rolls) are actually good enough to hit the target anymore.

1 Like

You again are 10000% wrong. Crit rate is applied across all attacks. Thats not debateable.

No. There is a hit push off, this has been tested to death, and it works exactly as Dot says it does.

Yea, I’m not sure why we’re still debating this in 2020

Thinking you are just not seeing what’s happening or maybe still confused. Critical strike is suppressed on special attacks by Dodge, Parry and Block because its a two roll system on special attacks.

If the crit values were truly static, then my backstabs would consistently be +/- half a % within +30% of my base crit. If the values for crit were truly static, then the special attack crit strike would be +/- 1% of my players in raid crit values, but that’s not what we see in the parses outside of some really extreme luck.

When I look at my auto attacks they are very very very close to my standing crit rate, but my special attacks are just not that way because they get pushed down by dodge.

When I view my auto attacks they also get dodged, but the dodge values do not harm my crit rate.

So as you can see because avoidance is checked first on special attacks, its a very easy thing to determine that Two rolls are done for special attacks. One role to find out if your attack lands, and the second to check if you can land a critical strike.

You’re just pushing more conspiracy nonsense as per usual.

Its been tested 999999 times
Thats not the way it works
That’s never been the way it works

Try one last time to show you. Below you can see the associated parse that will be used to demonstrated.

Melee Auto attack crit chance 46.6% with a 12.93% miss rate, this includes avoided attacks. The 46.6% crit, is our standing buffed dynamic crit rate, and actually applies to auto attack effectively.

Sinister Strike 42.2% With 3.75% miss rate by avoided attacks.
Backstab 73.9% crit rate with a 4.17% miss rate by avoided attacks.

So as you can see Sinister Strike’s Crit rate of 42.2% + the Miss rate of 3.75% = 45.95% crit chance, and that’s really close to the auto attack 46.6%. Its close enough to be within the margin for error.

Lets have a look at Backstab.
73.9% crit rate + the 4.17% miss rate = 78.07% Then subtract the Backstab +30 modifier = 48.07, and again that’s darn close given the small sample set because Vael is BiS to use Backstab if you have a weapon.

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/reports/q1rQMBha9RA4xcWv#type=damage-done&boss=-2&difficulty=0&source=50

I don’t see any conspiracy, only the numbers, and the numbers don’t look wrong.

regardless of the math, OP is correct in that warriors are WAY OP. Hence, why there are so many of them as predicted.

I still dont understand what it is you’re trying to say. Maybe you dont understand how crit suppression works on bosses? Its applied to ALL attacks however, not only specials
 so that doesnt make sense either.

Ultimately, I think you’re just very very confused, as per usual

Yes crit suppression is universal to all melee attacks.

Look over the logs you will see the nature of a dual roll system at play in special attacks and you will also see a single roll system at play with auto attacks.

I truly wish I were wrong, because a single roll system on special attacks would greatly buff rogue DPS.

You’re in luck because you definitely are. There isnt a seperate roll system for specials vs white hits.

/thread

Dude where is your evidence? I don’t see you explaining anything or properly debating Khlause you are just saying: “you are wrong”, you don’t go and do any of the math to prove your points you are just denying anything said to you, you are a :clown_face:

3 Likes

I’ve explained how he’s wrong Ad Nauseum. But, like in most of his posts, he eventually reverts to tin-foil hat theory nonsense that isn’t worth debating. I’m also not entirely convinced you’re not just Khlause posting on yet another alt since agreeing with himself from alts seems to be another common theme

You just keep evading your obligation to bring proof to the table in a debate.

Now who is the conspiracy theorist?

2 Likes

All you’ve done is just say “Nooooooo you’re wroooooong” without providing a single source to back up your claims.

And when sources are provided that directly counter your claims you edit your false claims after-the-fact to hide them.

If it has been proven thousands of times in your favor, it should be easy for you to provide a link or a formula or a log supporting what you’re claiming. Khlause has no problems doing the same.

edit: https://vanilla-wow.fandom.com/wiki/Attack_table
Literal 10 seconds of googling shows that white attacks have 1 table and yellow attacks have 2.

3 Likes

Show me where in that link it says that yellow attacks have 2 rolls and white attacks have 1.

I’ll wait

You’re joking right? Not only did i link it. You quoted it too.

1 Like

Nope. Quote me the passage in that link that proves that yellow and white attacks have a different number of rolls.

Once again, I’ll wait.