Something is wrong with warriors

selective memory is a hell of a thing, combined with improved overpower and recklessness

1 Like

yea it sucks but its the only thing we got now
 and not to mention instead of changing cancerous things about vanilla, they changed the good stuff into bad. Like why not change the PvP system at least, make the decay less
 instead they just screw everything up. Blizzard devs are clowns of the highest degree, I legit feel pain when I think of how much they screw up. It makes no sense
 its like just doenst make sense.

2 Likes

There is also the classic class structure.

In a world of “equal skill and gear”. In a 1v1 situation

• Warriors destroy rogues
  • Warlocks make mages cry.
  • Rogues make casters cry, but don’t make warlocks cry much until BC when they get cloak of shadows
  • Shamans make everyone cry if they roll a Natural 20.
  • Everyone makes shamans cry if they don’t roll a natural 20.
  • Melee makes hunters cry
  • Hunters Pets make casters cry
  • Hunters make all class cry when they claim everything is hunter gear

This on top of the hit table described, you are most likely to die to warriors, and be crit by them because of your evasion.

Don’t worry. In BC a rogue with all buffs and the right gear was able to get his evasion to over 104% and “soloed” Gruul raid boss.

Balance amirite?

1 Like

lol thats all false man i ahve been doing high end PvP for a while, Any class can win a 1v1 if u know what ur doin

If you think warriors are tough now wait until TBC when they get Stunherald and Wotlk and their Shadowmournes with 100% armor penetration gemming/itemization.

I don’t think so.

They go through a series of rolls.

For example, when a spell is cast, it goes through both a separate hit roll and a resist roll.

If it was all determined in one roll, it would be hit/crit/resist/miss.

But it’s instead hit/miss -> resist?y/n

Spells and physical are different. Physical is on a 1 roll hit table.

Spell seems to be 2, a regular hit/crit/miss table like physical and then a second roll based on elemental resistances, which allows us to see partially resist crits and hits.

2 Likes

Priest: “I just got Benediction!”

Hunter: (inspects priest) “Hunter weapon.”

1 Like

Melee is a single roll on a table as Dot said. This was determined back in BC. It also was figured for boss fights that a character needed 102.4% avoidance to avoid all melee damage. Due to how the table and numbers work.

My warrior on Retail doesn’t even have that much crit with tons of Severe corruptions. There is no way anybody in Classic has 80% crit. With all the attack outcomes being on one roll, 80% crit might even be impossible.

I thought it was sperate rolls. It rolls for hit/dodge/party first. Then it rolls crit. I could be wrong too though lol

Nah, I know physical is a 1 roll hit table.

Well that’s unfortunate

I dunno about unfortunate. Avoidance is prioritized so you always get full value of your dodge block parry.

That’s a good point

It just has some wonkyness with player perception cause it feels bad when almost every hit that lands crits you as a rogue/hunter/ferlawl.

Yeah and that sucks lol. I’m assuming this was fixed in BC

I dont think so. I’m pretty sure TBC is still on the one roll chart.

Yes. It’s overpower.

But really though, do you have logs or are you just going off of anecdotes?

My kitty senses are telling me it’s anecdotes.

1 Like

there is no push off.

crits work different.

• first check is (does the attack land)
  • if it lands, server does second check (should i crit, which is based on crit chance).

so if you have 30% chance to crit, it means 30% of your landed attacks will crit. (crit can’t be missed/parried/dodged/etc
 those are the first check).