Someone has hacked my account

I still hope I can get my account back. I don’t have the money or time to start everything from scratch

I understand that you are frustrated and I would be too.

Unfortunately, you have been compromised. Someone has your information and may be able to make Blizzard believe they are the account holder.

One of your mistakes was not using your real name on the account. I get that it seemed fun at the time but it makes it harder to prove that you are YOU.

You are responsible for your accounts security. If people were able to steal information from Blizzard we would all lose our accounts.

I’m sorry you aren’t getting the answer you wanted, but that doesn’t mean they didn’t do their job to the best of their ability. If Customer support says it can’t be fixed then there is a reason.

I really hope you can identify where and how you were compromised.

6 Likes

This is a great reason to always provide your real details, not just because Blizzard requires it, but it makes situations like this when an account is compromised and ownership comes into question far more easier to resolve.

17 Likes

This. It’s quite likely part of your delay is the simple fact that it’s hard to prove you’re the correct owner. The primary thing they look at for account compromise is the name. Since you (and likely another person) are both claiming to be spiderman, and neither of you has proof of that, it makes things harder.

3 Likes

10 Likes

This makes me laugh and sad at the same time, my account is not back yet

Given by what I’ve seen in this thread and others, I wouldn’t be too hopeful.

I mean, last we heard…

If that is the case, you’re not going to get your account back. The thread in question was closed and unlisted but the facts remain the same.

You broke the rules when creating the account. That alone is enough to technically get it shut down. Then, you didn’t secure it properly. Blizzard cannot use your “proof” that you think has any bearing on their being able to verify the account is yours.

If they said that they’re not going to continue in trying to fix this mess, then that is that. Your actions crippled both yourself and Blizzard’s efforts to verify ownership of the account. You may think there is still some vestige of hope, but if you got that response you said you did? Then you’ve reached the end of attempted account resolution.

3 Likes

What proof of game purchase can substantiate and declare the account as mine?

Paying for stuff doesn’t declare ownership of an account, anyone can pay for someone else account.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, that would have been “creating an account in your name” in the very beginning. I’m sorry this didn’t work out for you.

2 Likes

I mean game time and base, I happened to get a gift from my brother and I think that’s enough to prove it and I also have a char selection menu video that I’ve been saving for a few weeks.

That doesn’t prove that it’s your account.

You could be the compromiser and record that, or you could have been account sharing to record that (in which case the account in question would probably be banned)

5 Likes

The point of here is to give you information about how the system works and the policies that govern it.

You put yourself in the situation of a compromised account likely being unrecoverable.

3 Likes

You’re hung up on those things. What I’ve seen requested at times are bills with the account owner’s address and legal name. Things along those lines. Since you didn’t put the account into your legal name - you cannot prove the account is yours with any of the suggested modes of idenitifying your account ownership.

You mean Spider Man?

They do, but why should they have to correct all of your mistakes? You want to sling mud, but all of this stems from YOUR actions. YOU didn’t create the account according to the rules. YOU failed to secure your account.

These aren’t Blizzard’s actions, they’re YOURS. They tried to fix the hack, but there is only so much they can do when the owner didn’t care about it’s security until it was far too late.

11 Likes

That is the problem, they cant verify who the owner is because of the false information on the account.

3 Likes

That’s the thing; you made it this hard by not putting your real name. No one else did. No one force you to do it. And be frank, this is why trying to be cheeky with this kind of thing can bite someone down the line.

We can’t offer help when the info on the account is faked. We can’t offer info or point you at the right place because, from Blizzard standpoint, it looks like folks are trying to claim ownership over something with no real clear real info on it. If they can’t pinpoint the ownership legally, then they can’t help at all.

4 Likes

Is putting your real name 100% account security? I’m not sure.

It’s not going to protect your account against compromise, but it’s going to make it possible to prove ownership if it is compromised… as you’ve found out.

12 Likes