Someone has hacked my account

Please get a brand new email for all your financial accounts with a new password.

2 Likes

Thank you for your input. I happen to have secured my financial account

I don’t want to speculate, but phishing is another VERY common method of gaining all this information. remember a GM will NEVER message you in game. and if you right click them you won’t be able to report.

2 Likes

So far I’ve never received messages from fake GM and mails containing strange link messages

If you had used your real name to make the account, then yes you can absolutely get it back. Using fake info makes it very difficult to prove you owned the account. While it’s not impossible to get it back, it’s not guaranteed.

1 Like

How long does it usually take to get a reply to a ticket?

These things take time. First they ban the account to stop further damage.

Then they have to review and confirm ownership of the account.

Then they try to fix any damage to the account (missing items and gold) if they can.

You will have to be patient. I hope everything works out for you.

3 Likes

Recently my account was hacked. I’ve tried sending a ticket with the full data of the hacked account but I got a pretty annoying answer saying that account recovery cannot be continued. I wonder if player complaints are just empty talk to you guys? Many people complain about bad customer service and yep, I really feel it now

Its rare but this can happen when the account ownership comes into question when one party mite be able to prove more then the owner.

In this forum, that isn’t an inaccurate assessment, per se. You’re effectively just shouting into the void, here.

Many people also have larger expectations for game masters and have a tendency to refuse to accept the reality when it’s presented to them from both players and employees alike. Snubbed feelings are bound to happen.

In the future, using information that can be used by quite literally everyone in the world might not be the best avenue to creating a new account going forward. For any service.

4 Likes

I’m just expressing my disappointment, I have provided complete data on my account starting from name, date of creation of the Battle Net account, date I bought the game, time and base, telephone number, even the time, all character names, classes, factions and I also sent some screenshot that proves I created the account

Did u use a real name or a fake name on the account.

But the problem is that someone else has all that exact same information to contest that claim in Blizzard’s eyes.

And as a result, they find it better for all parties equally to just lock the account down from everyone.

7 Likes

but there must be a detection that the login account is on an unknown device or IP, and my telephone number has been changed and I don’t receive any code via SMS. I should ask about the security of the system, how can the email and telephone number be changed while I don’t get confirmation whatever

Your emails been comprimised would do it.

3 Likes

my friend also had the same problem and his account had been hacked he suspected the hacker hacked through battle tag friendship and the hacker opened a ticket and admitted that the account was his and provided some data (and I just found out that the date the character was created can be see how easy it is even though we don’t log in to the account) but why does GM easily give access to the account without providing confirmation to the email that is still related

Account compramises dont happen on blizzard end other wise theres a bigger problem.

6 Likes

The key word here being “suspected.” Any information the hacker gained that way was given to him directly by your friend, they cannot access account information simply by adding someone as a contact.

8 Likes

I checked my email and there is no history of my email being logged in at a place or device other than my cell phone and if it is true that my email was logged in on another device there should be an email that comes in containing a code or a warning that the email is trying to be logged in on another device.

IT could be ur phones comprimised with a realy rare man in the middle program.

1 Like