Some Winter Veil Achievements are impossible

Whoa Whoa. Flying reindeer? Don’t you know the magic of christmas is dead because all of the children have devoted their minds to the tools of satan? They can’t fly anymore.

Its been bugged for like, 2 weeks.

More skilled than you. If you have nothing of value to say, don’t post at all.

It was bugged all last year. That’s right, all the way through the event and it’s still not fixed.

If you don’t know what you’re talking about, don’t post at all.

I did it last year, I know it wasn’t bugged then. But people like you who don’t actually play the game and instead repeat anything you read online wouldn’t know that.

It’s been slightly bugged for 2 weeks, but not enough to prevent getting the achievement. It’s nothing worth making ToS-breaking posts over.

1 Like

:neutral_face:

It was bugged last year. I know because I did it last year. but people like you who don’t actually play the game and instead repeat anything you read online wouldn’t know that.

So sit down. It’s been bugged for over a year.

There is so much evidence on this page alone that I play the game and you don’t that it’s laughable that you think this works against me. Check the number under my guild tag and come back later when you have a better retort.

Also very easy to confirm it wasn’t broken last year via Wowhead. 0 Comments from last year on the Fa-la-la-la Ogri-la page about it being broken, only a guide on how to unlock the quests. Several comments from the day the event started this year, however, about people being unable to get the achievement for that one day.

People will very often go to Wowhead pages of specific things to share issues or work-arounds, and a lack of comments signifies that nothing was wrong last year.

Yes it was bugged. In fact, the bomb them again quest in ogri’la has been buggy since TBC.

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/przqht/quest_bomb_them_again_bugged/

What are these supposed to show? Two of those are from the retail forums, and the other during TBC, and yet none of these have any posts continuing into Wrath? It’s almost like it was fixed and… wasn’t bugged last year.

You’re a funny man. I’m starting to think your hobby is finding something to complain about.

As I said, “In fact, the bomb them again quest in ogri’la has been buggy since TBC.” And those bug reports are not from the retail forms.

Again, that quest has always been buggy, and yes I had to do the work around last year. But w/e.

Two weeks later, using holly to reindeer up still tosses you on a ground mount deer. Found out the hard way.

No point defending devs that don’t care.

They fixed it so the achievement is obtainable. What are you complaining about, exactly?

Unless it was because I was on HH mount…either way, the situation is still not entirely fixed.
Mount collection is a likely culprit.

Finally, someone who tries to think about and understand why a bug is occurring instead of just screaming.

By the way, they said they’d resolve mount-related issues in a future patch, so I assume it’s not something simple enough to do in a hotfix. That’s why they at least made the achievement obtainable in some way.

No, was really just caught off guard when I popped the thing at random while crossing Icecrown just to wind up tumbling to the ground. :upside_down_face:

I’m surprised it didn’t dismount you entirely, for trying to use an item while in the air.

Right, it does, which I parachuted. Thought that was the only problem and mounted up again, got transformed a few seconds into the air, chute on cd.

This was my thought as well, especially after Joyous Journeys got disabled and it took them almost a week to figure out the bug and fix it. It looks like Blizzard no longer has the budget to properly test their new interfaces against their older clients. Or perhaps they have just adopted the Bethesda model of, “Test the game?!?! That’s what the players are for!!” :smiley:

Thanks.

2 Likes

Maybe experienced devs that are familiar with the release have other responsibilities that are higher priority per their management chain. Or there just arent any devs familiar enough with wotlk classic and w/e underlying client its running on to fix things in a timely manner.

Im a young boomer brain. But my small 10 years of experience in non-gaming SWE field ive seen these kind of low priority issues that just take forever to figure out be either a new senior level dev having to dig through doodoo to figure things out as a form of onboarding or a junior dev getting the task with minimal help because the senior devs have been givin high priorty new development tasks with a deadline.

Most of the messaging for the issue is just PR paintjobs while bugs sit in a queue and eventually get fixed. Maybe no one even started to actually look at it until day 7.

1. We’re working on it.
  2. Unexpected delays.
  3. Haha its tricky but we may be on the right track thank you for your patience.
  4. We’ve finally got a fix out. High five team.

When your customers are other businesses which account for a significant portion of your total revenue this is the tactic. When your customers are as granular as they are with a consumer product like wow… GL on anything better than that.

They are stretched thin and just sending it live. These kind of bugs are low to no priority.

The oopsie early 5% buff in ICC was fixed quickly because it was probably seen as a much higher priority and was likely recently reviewed by some dev since it was in the pipeline to release soon. Old things that break in old re-releases are going to get the sloppy treatment.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.