Some incomplete achievements lost progress with TWW prepatch

There was a different Stay Classy debacle recently, as well, but the Stay Classy achievements are supposed to reset at prepatch sadly. :frowning:

1 Like

It is listed as a known issue for pre-patch currently on this list:

And on this EU CS forum, they commented that they are aware of the issue:

We did lose progress with a lot of these same achievements in 10.1.5 and they were restored.

4 Likes

I tried to but these forums won’t allow me too. I even tried to attach them to the file of my ticket to blizzard but it wouldn’t let me. Is there some place I can send these screenshots to show people the problem???

1 Like

Glad to know I am not alone in this. Was freaking out. I have also lost progress on multiple archeology and shadowlands covenant achievements. Glad they are working on it.

Fashion of the First Ones, is bugged as well.

2 Likes

You can upload your screenshots to imgur and post the imgur link here surrounded by the backtick key. It should be to the left of your 1 key.
For example
www.wowhead.com
(backtick)URL(backtick)

2 Likes

Adding my own to this. Path of Ascension is very obviously bugged and what’s worse is now I can’t even progress it at all

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/trial-of-ascension-bugged-and-disciple-of-humility-not-tracking/1901819

3 Likes

They’ve soft locked the entire covenant path, basically locking out every single achievement from the Path Of Ascension. I made a report, with screenshots and got customer support linking me to Wowhead, with a guide when i let them know health the fights were longer and not harder, an that it had been soft locked. I feel kinda offended by this ngl, especially when i outlined i only needed the final boss in the humility line to complete Master Of The Path.

2 Likes

I have also lost reps being reset back to neutral when I was working on the paragon rewards. I bet at least half of my garrison achievement progress has been reset along with much of my Archy progression. I certainly hope they can fix this because I only had one left of many of them, including the music roll collection. The Full discography progress was reset completely. I only had one left to get from Kel’Thuzad in Naxx. They all were very low drop rates and one was something i hate and thats arena so please do something to fix some of this stuff

2 Likes

Thank you!

https://imgur.com/a/gMbO9ZE

If you look at this screenshot you can see in the chat where I completed the “Corpse Run” quest, however if you look at the Achievement list, you will see that it did NOT give me credit even after completion… Before the patch, I had already had this one completed, redoing the quest again did not help.

1 Like

The the Honor Our Ancestors achievement, I’ve lost the credit for 2 ancestors and I can’t handle them the items anymore, meaning I cannot complete the achievement. And somewhat, opening a ticket seems bugged too. I don’t want to start this achievement with another character since I’ve invested gold and items in it…

1 Like

Yes a lot of gold, items that are time gated and items no longer available to specific characters went into nearly getting these achievements done. There must be a fix.

add Legion Curator to this list.

1 Like

It was already added earlier :slight_smile:

1 Like

A couple more… had everything for “Honor Our Ancestors” done except the fire-blessed greatsword, was waiting for cross realm warbanks to get one from a busier server, it’s now fully reset to zero, and from Legion “Fighting with Style: Valorous” reset the first one which now says “Improving on History (char specific hidden c…”.

1 Like

Also missing a few that I noticed.
Dredger Academy and Fashion Abomination seem the like most painful to recover for me.

If it helps: I specifically copied characters with the most progress to the PTR when Blizzard asked us to, so hopefully they can find proof there and maybe a clue as to what went wrong.

1 Like

One of my friends thought he had finished the last fishing hole he needed for Tavian.

But the game had reset his progress on another fishing hole from a previous week that is now unavailable

1 Like

Lost progress on my Sojourner of Ohn’ahran Plains achievement. Now I can’t finish it because I can’t pick up and complete quests I’ve already completed.

1 Like

Blizz NEEDS to actually address this. I have way too many achievements that are in the same boat…just need to get Be Our Guest completed, but I have my first 4 that were done and now they’re just grayed out, but everything after Tuesday shows complete…

The incompetence around this PrePatch is seriously blowing my mind.

3 Likes

i lost achievment progress on treasures of zaralek cavern, where i went from only missing 1 treasure, to missing ALL BUT 1

Likewise with me for:

• Hey Nanny Nanny (Alternatively, Whelp, There It Is has retained progress)
  • Treasures of Zalarek Cavern (I only needed the Ancient Zaqali Chest to complete)
  • Fruit of the Bloom (I only needed “Basket of Explosive Acrons” prior to pre-patch. After the patch, the progress reset. I subsequently did a Superbloom where I DID get the Explosive Acorns buff, and it checked that off in the achievement, but did NOT complete the achievement - so it is not a visual bug - and also now will not check off ANY OTHER buffs that I had previously collected. Similarly with Treasures of Zalarek Cavern - it is not possible to collect these items again, so I cannot even test to see if that would work.)
  • All Sides of the Story (I was working on Tarjin and Duroz & Kolgar, which were the missing 2 prior to pre-patch. All are now greyed out.)
    *Treasures of Ohn’ahran Plains & Thaldraszus also seem to have reset, but I can’t be certain on those.

All of the above are necessary for A World Awoken to complete.

As of now, it’s currently completely impossible for me to obtain the meta-achievement I’ve been working toward for months, which is incredibly disheartening. It almost feels like there’s not much point even doing older content, because I don’t know which other achievements may be affected.

I hope there’s a solution to resolve all of our new progress with the old progress we’ve made, as obviously the data is there. The bug does not impact NEW progress, albiet only on items we had not previously obtained within the achievement.

Another bug I had with a quest not being able to be accepted in the Suggest Content window has 5 unanswered bug report threads here, and the GM in-game told me they can’t help, and to post a bug report on the forums for the same issue. I’m not super hopeful about any of this at this stage. :upside_down_face:

Anywho… onwards and upwards I guess.

1 Like

Update: All of my incomplete treasure achievements for Dragonflight are affected.

I just came across where the Cracked Centaur Horn should be. It’s not here, but I already have the Ohn Lite Branded Horn in my Toys collection. It is greyed out in the achievement with everything else.

2 Likes