Some form of Sharding

Answer the question asked.

Explain the difference between phasing and sharding.

Please enlighten us all as to what the conditions of phasing are.

Is phasing not tied to quest progression?

If a player has completed all of the quests in a given area and still experiences the same “nodes disappearing when getting close, then reappearing when backing up, rinse and repeat” issue, explain how that would be phasing.

I have there are weird bugs with phasing that have never been fixed and you can see things in other phases.

Phasing sucks and unlike sharding blizzard has said it will not be in classic. But don’t pretend phasing issues are actually because of sharding.

Tell us all how phasing would affect a player in Elwynn, the Barrens, Westfall, Outlands, etc.

Tell us all how phasing would affect someone in combat with a rare world boss.

Phasing basically forced itself into the game in all zones in Cata.

I have to say that the $50 I spent on the demo was SOO worth it. Trolls on this forum just like to make up things, or they have no idea what they’re talking about.

Reading these posts, I’m putting myself in the shoes of someone who wasn’t in the demo, and what it must be like to be fed all this misinformation. It must be hard to tell what’s real and what isn’t. The trolls say things with such conviction. Yet I’m able to know with 100% certainty that they’re wrong, and there’s such a calming aspect in that.

Case in point: when a troll says, “That’s phasing, not sharding.” And then say that the demo didn’t have phasing, when they’re describing something I personally witnessed happen in the demo. It’s hysterical. I saw it with my own eyes.

2 Likes

You believe there are arbitrary lines that you can cross to enter another shard? Sharding is done by continent. The reason the nodes are phasing in and out is because you’re on the border of some phased area.

Lemme guess, the nodes people are used to seeing phase in and out are in Suramar or Arom’s Stand?

This is the response of someone who just can’t accept being wrong. Take a friend from your server, if you have one. Go and find a “sharding” node, have them stand on the side of the mystical sharding line that they can’t see the node from. You stand on the side you can see it, invite them to your group.

Did the universe just implode? Can both sides of the mystical, arbitrary sharding line now see the herb? Does that mean that you magically created a third shard just for you and your friend?

Or is the herb still not visible to your friend on the other side of the line, because it’s phasing, NOT SHARDING.

Imagine, being Mogar. Getting angry because you think you were swapping in and out of shards all the time while mining. There’s no way that it was because nodes last for 30 seconds after being tagged, it was because of sharding. Everyone, everywhere, just sharding all the time in and out in and out, while mining; standing around, trying to buy stuff off the auction house! You just get sharded and you miss auctions!

Why don’t we hear about people getting kicked off the auction house because of sharding? Hmmm? Kinda strange that people aren’t just sitting there, and BOOM they get sharded onto a shard with dead auctioneers. Never happens, weird; strange even.

It’s even more odd that in this video: https://youtu.be/d-v2GRYLKys?t=820

Asmongold isn’t sharded a single time! Strange that even with all that lag and the extremely packed zone, that the only way he can get out of that shard is to join someone’s party that is on another shard.

You might as well move on now because its going to happen

I came back to check on my thread. 400 replies later, mumbling about inner peace against baddie forum trolls and The same no-changers chiming in like they always do in my threads… par for the course.

Sharding is coming peeps, we just don’t know to what extent. Learn to accept and maybe even embrace it. Pretty simple.

Since you’re back,what mechanic?

2 Likes

Mike and the mechanics
And the mechanical yeti.

Most people in this thread are very against sharding but that doesn’t serve your purpose to point that out. You’re getting better at being a troll tho. You made it a full day with one of your weird posts with out having to take a vacation

1 Like

I’m actually surprised we haven’t seen saqe around lately.

1 Like

Banned until early February I think

Yeah it predominatley became a thing in mists…

It became a thing in WoTLK actually and then went directly into absurdity in Cata.

1 Like

I know thats why i said predominantly.
It was know where near as common until mists launched

I dunno, It actually feels like it was dialed back a bit in Mists and reached its peak in Cata. At least that’s my personal perception.

It was bad in Icecrown in Wrath, like really bad, but at least it was for a strong lore reason.

In Cata it seemed like every zone had that much phasing in it but there was no reason for it.

It still seems like pretty much every zone has some phasing in it now and there are definitely weird bugs where you see things in other phases but can’t to them. Which a lot of people seem to confuse with sharding.

I’m pretty sure no one confuses it with sharing when people pop in and out of the world in front of your eyes, without any of you even moving, because you’re getting sharded.

2 Likes