So when is Alliance getting Night Elf Paladins?

Interesting, that. I don’t remember them having to change Priest Healing specs for Void Elves. Or, hell, Priests for Undead either.

Best way is to push for a race toggle for the army of the light! Let’s make a true army of the light with diversity like it shoulda had!

It does, but the green fire is currently unique in the game. It’s a good baseline for what they could do more of in the future though, for sure.

Sure, and canonically holy void elf and forsaken priests basically do not exist. They’re only a player option because restricting those players from access to healing specs would be ridiculous.

It’s not a good argument for adding an entire class that doesn’t make any sense.

2 Likes

They’re both dead. Dead things shouldn’t be paladins either. The entire Moonfang family should be taken out given how Delas was written.

Doesn’t make sense to you, but is already in the game no less than 3 times.

I’ve already explained why Delas is not a good example. You’re welcome to go back and re-read it if you like.

When Blizzard can do a better job with the Priest/Paladin class fantasies than saying that a Priest is just a holy person who isn’t good enough to put on plate and be a Paladin.

I hated that stupid night elf paladin character.

LIke what?

The only thing different between the Paladins is their Crusader mount. Otherwise all the spells and spell animations are the same.

If Blizzard could actually make a more distinct flavor for ALL the different variations of Paladin, I’d be down, but they haven’t, so I’m not.

No you really didn’t. You sit there and insulted her, insulted the writing and insulted the idea of Night Elf Paladins, but didn’t give any specifics beyond “I think this is dumb.”.

2 Likes

Fair, I got my threads mixed up.

Here:

Although I never “insulted her and the writing”. Maybe you’re mixing things up too?

1 Like

So I’m guessing with that line of thinking you also think Tauren Sunwalkers are dumb as well, right?

Kind of, yes.

1 Like

So what are your thoughts on Blood Elf Blood Knights? Since the only reason Blood Elves even have Paladins is because they tortured a Naaru to get it.

Tbh, did anyone ever think we’d get 10 new races in 1 xpac? Giving some specs unique racial animations (translation-different colors and ability icons and names) might not be that hard actually for all we know.

Priests are probably in most desperate need of it as many of the races would not have anything to do with certain specs of them. Most notably Lightforged shadow priest and very likely Mag’har holy priest.

Also, there is a very likely Orc Druid in Warspear so Orcs should get them. Possibly Belf Druids too.

They’re fine. They were channeling Holy power that they sucked out of a Naaru rather than having it granted by faith. Eventually they learned how to do it the same way that humans and dwarves do.

Sunwalkers should be first up on the line to get an archetype glyph, since their abilities should definitely more strongly resemble fire and sunlight than holy power.

Night elves have no history with The Light, and Delas only became a paladin by abandoning her people’s faith and culture.

1 Like

By that very logic shouldn’t ANY race be able to learn how to use it?

Imo priests first in line since they use abilities related to the Human belief system when many races do not. Most of the Horde races, and many of the Alliance priests should not be shadow and Velves certainly shouldn’t be holy.

Sure, but by Blizzard’s own logic for why certain races can be certain classes, unless it is something that is common and typical for that race to be it will not be available for players. There were a lot of Blood Knights recruited by Silvermoon - there’s only one living example of a NE paladin.

There’s also goblin and Forsaken pallies but that doesn’t mean they should be player options.

100% agreed. Priests are the best argument for class archetypes. Most of the races using them make no sense to wield the Light.

1 Like

I fully support this idea.

I will say the Forsaken actually have a slight argument as they were ex humans and canonically they can but it just causes immense pain.

Darkspear I believe have no cultural connection to anything Light related

Zandalari would have their own name for the Light but appear to use it

Mag’har almost certainly would not use the Light because of how the Lightforged drove them from Draenor

Belves follow same Light as humans now so they are fine.

Tauren should use Anshe’s light and I forget what they use for shadow?

Vulpera probably follow Zandalari

As seen in a few comedy quests Goblins actually appear to use the Light

For Alliance:

Dwarves, Humans, and Dark Irons fine as is.

Nelves should not be using the Light. Even if they get Pallies, their priests most certainly do not use the Light. Shadow is fine. Fits the Night Warrior

Kul Tirans should use tide priests with water.

Lightforged definitely shouldn’t be shadow. Maybe regular Draenei too but they may be fine.

Void Elves CANNOT use the Light.

Gnomes… uh why can they be priests?

They’ve got Tauren and Troll Paladins so why bother trying to hide anything behind “lore” at this point. Blizz clearly gave up years ago (Tauren Monks…) so yeah, just let everything be everything. :frowning: