We got troll paladins before elf paladins on the Alliance

That shaman gap is bit odd to me…but probably bit of a hang over from when shaman was horde only.

1 Like

It’s a big gap, the Alliance really need more Shammy options.

Thing is, Mage and Monk are so widespread it hardly matters if a couple of races dont have access to them.
It’s the Druid and Shaman limitations that are truly noticeable.
I don’t think the Paladin “disadvantage” is as bad for the Horde either. Alliance has five races but two of them are re-colors, so technically both have three unique models.

P.S. Your numbers are a little off.

The Alliance doesn’t need more Shaman just like we don’t need more Paladins. They should stay faction heavy.

However, the Alliance needs more Paladins. Nelves and KT would be nice. Hell, maybe gnomes?

No Tovi, they should be faction exclusive. Lore began its downfall once paladins were allowed on the Horde.

1 Like

No Aviela, I won’t fall for your bait.

1 Like

I had a disturbing thought…what if those new “druid” form customization options coming…are in fact blizzard removing race restrictions from classes, basically druid getting the option to create forms in character creation.
Ultimately I think this would be pretty bad idea but it sorta gave me a small fright this morning.

Legion introduced a Night Elf Paladin NPC, and it wouldn’t be much of a stretch for more Night Elf Priests to choose to become Paladins as well especially after BfA. Void Elves I could go either way on, lorewise it wouldn’t make sense without a VERY good explanation but from a gameplay perspective Void Elf Holy Priests already exist so why not :man_shrugging:

Are they? I thought I counted them all. But I’m not surprised; I’m an English Brain, not a Maths one!

All horde races can be shaman except for elves and forsaken. 12-3=9
Already mentioned the Paladins: Alliance have five, Horde have three.

oh man, I remember back when belfs couldn’t be warriors at all. they should bring that back imo.

We got human shaman on the alliance before elf paladins. Let THAT sink in.

Bring on the Night Elf Paladins! There was at least one in legion!

You’re not even trying anymore.

Sorry guys, usually I’m pretty imaginative, but I’m having trouble picturing trolls and cows in the court of Charlemagne. Seems an addition more along the lines of Netflix thinking the fantasy Poland of The Witcher needed dark skinned non-Poles that the country doesn’t even have today.

That’s because they wouldn’t be in a court
They are not paladins, they are their own thing.

Delas abandoned Elune and decided to pursue the Light instead. That would definitely not be typical for NE society (and I’d probably abandon the race altogether if it were, since it would signal a complete destruction of their culture) and therefore not applicable to player classes. If they introduced a way to skin classes so that a NE paladin could have silvery abilities to represent Knights of Elune, I’d be okay with it, but not until then.

Void Elves can be priests because Shadow is a thing. Same with Forsaken. Lore-wise, all void elf and forsaken priests are shadow. That’s not an option for paladins, so it doesn’t make any sense for them to get that.

The world of the Witcher is a conglomerate of multiple universes and realities that all were all dumped into one world that is in no way Poland. If vampires and dragons can be pulled into it, I don’t really think black people are that much of a stretch.

Of course, people like you usually only care about the lore as long as it gives you an outlet to complain about inclusion.

Should be easy enough for them to make a glyph for that, which is actually something I’ve wanted for years anyway (not a fan of warm light, I prefer cooler colors).

I know this was originally the case in Vanilla, but haven’t there been Forsaken holy priest NPCs since then? I could have sworn I saw at least one at some point in the last few expansions, maybe Legion? Can’t remember for sure.

Yeah there are one or two but the majority are Shadow.

I believe you are right, but the light is not immediately and explosively lethal to undead like it is with the void. undead holy priests likely endure a tremendous amount of pain in order to do what they do, I wouldn’t be surprised if the few undead holy priests see it as some sort of pennance, or noble sacrifice they are making. wouldn’t be the only class that endures agonizing pain as part of what they do.