So... there's 5th Old God?

I don’t think G’huun counts because he’s technically a titan made old god if I’m not mistaken.

3 Likes

I think it would be interesting if Xalatath was originally bound / locked away by the other 4 old gods because even though she might of been an old god, she didn’t want to consume the planet and went against her void lord masters.

1 Like

That’s definitely possible.

Tyrande is the 5th old god, and must be the final boss of the expansion, just saying.

2 Likes

Citation Needed

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/1j1o94/5th_old_god_speculation_info_in_comments/

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well have you seen the old god-looking creature from the Chronicle? There’s an illustration for all 4 and this extra one that may be the 5th one.

2 Likes

puts on Michael Bubble

2 Likes

The second part of that post is worth remembering. I’m going with the theory that Xal’atath was ambushed and ‘imprisoned’ inside the Black Blade by minions of another Old God, or an Old God itself.

It’s very important to keep in mind: While the Old Gods may very well have a common interest, they are not friends. It seems they were in direct and indirect competition with one another from various pieces of evidence.

Yet, she seems to have a close relationship with N’zoth, which leaves me to wonder if she’s one of N’zoth’s many pawns, or the two formed an allegiance. N’zoth is the weakest known Old God, but is easily the most cunning.

1 Like

All I see is two threads from Mortis speculating based on one chronicle picture, and an old reddit thread again suggesting there was one under Tirisfal.

Speculating.

If what is posted on Wowhead is legit, then that seems to me to be the first positive indication that there were actually five, not just speculation.

I can’t find the exact sources right now, but, if memory serves me correctly, there’s been quotes in the game from different old-god sources speaking of 5. I could be completely wrong though, so take it with a grain of salt.

All the other old gods hid him in the basement. His name is cletus.

Fifth old god is Azeroth.

Titan project is maintaining purity of the world soul.

Think about it…

2 Likes

Well, the original book from pre-BC does state “five Old Gods”, but I’d always taken that to have been retconned to four.

I have to wonder how much of this is miscommunication between the people writing the lore. Left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing, and whatnot.

3 Likes

Xal’atath might be a candidate.

heh, ewww. I like this thought.

1 Like

I hope it’s Xal’atath.

That would mean the rest of us were talking around with our Legion artifacts thinking we’re all awesome, while the shadow priests were carrying a literal Old God.

We know Azeroth is likely not a Titan, since those are made in Zereth Mortis using marionettes and magical melodies (Argus re-made).

This world is a prison, people…

Bah…forget the old gods. I miss Mortis.

Also know that old gods are based on Lovecraft lore. And the most evil of all is Azathoth …

How is nobody else seeing this?