So People Want The Water Strider To Be Restricted?

We earned it years ago and paid thousands to have the mount. The ability is currently free and does not require any fee to keep it active.

They are removing it and adding in a sleazy system that will deactivate the ability on damage and eventually require more equipment which sends us back to MoP to buy more.

If the strider wasn’t losing it’s ability while the new system was in place, you’d have a point but it IS losing it’s ability that we earned and paid for already and are being charged for a subpar system.

Apparently logic IS hard for you.

Ability removed? yes.
Is it free now? No. Only the first piece of equipment will be for the character you earned the rep on.
Thus, it is taking an account wide ability that we earned and is nerfing it to only be free the first time on only one character(or any others that have the rep).
AND we can’t stack like before.

NERF

1 Like

I have to question the IQ of someone that thinks charging you for something that you once had for free is the same or better than free.

2 Likes

and now you can get it in a day with time walking.

Water walking already deactivates on damage… You have to dismount and remount to reactivate it… It only requires more if you decide to change it. Again it is a buff that you are now getting that choice.

It water walks now, it water walks after. What has it lost?

Lol irony.

Read.the.topic. You are getting it on ALL characters on the PTR.

So what does that mean of someone who thinks having the same functionality with additionally choices is a nerf? How about some one who is complaining with out even bothering to read and based off assumptions?

It currently deactivates on damage but does not require new “equipment” as the function is built in, but this new system WILL.

Did you know that they also give away gear on PTR? Do you think that makes it to live? NO. THINK! They have already said it will only be free the FIRST time for the characters that have the necessary rep with the Anglers. Again… “LALALALALA”

I like how you can no longer claim it isn’t a nerf, though.

Removing it’s free function and charging you for it while also preventing dazing stack is absolutely a nerf to the mount.

What is so hard for you to just admit that adding this equipment system for every other mount while leaving the strider alone is the obvious best choice? What is in this for you? Hmm?

Let’s try this an easier way.

Can we waterwalk in live now? Yes.
Does it cost anything? No.
Can we stack it with the no-daze? yes.

vs

Will we be able to waterwalk in the new system? Yes, for a fee.
Does it cost anything? Yes,except for the first time on the character with required rep. Alts will need the discounted(40g) equipment.
Will we be able to stack it with no-daze? No.

It’s really not that hard to see how it is subpar for people that spent weeks/months and earned the rep.

4 Likes

Hello! Consider the idea that people are upset that Blizzard is taking the innate ability of a mount, and redirecting it to a token that they can control as they see fit.

Long-time players have seen Blizzard take currency, reputation, and expansion specific tokens and mark them as “legacy” on a whim.

It’s not a very long reach to imagine a scenario where Blizzard would decide that you needed a “steam-impervious-water-walking” token for a new expansion island. Also by the way, this token, or mount equipment, requires revered with a new reputation as well as the new achievement “Water Skimmer Finder”.

3 Likes

As in other threads, many of them in fact:

Yes, you are. You lose the ability to have the use of “anti-daze” while ALSO water walking (using the water strider.)

After the change, it is one or the other. So yes, for the people who want to do that they are literally losing something.

Agreed that if they kept the mount the same, but you could not equip mount gear, that such a change would be the same (since they specifically want it to have water walk, but the use of anti-daze barding.)

1 Like

,and your point?
What difference does it make? We’ve had this mount for years, and all of a sudden we’re led to believe it’s an issue?
It’s a lie, being fed to us while they deceitfully tell us it’s going to give us more options.
I can’t understand how some people, given their history, refuse to see the obvious is obvious.

1 Like

Haven’t read the other comments yet… I have the red strider, not tied to rep. My water walking is going away, and now I have to grind to get it back -_-

It is not “all the sudden an issue”. It has been brought up for YEARS. Blizzard was going to just flat remove it’s water walking in legion but decided not to. Now they have a system to fix the problem. Also how does either all of your mounts having water walking or getting to choose another option no “more choices”?

Since your complain about “now they can just remove it” ignores that they always could just have removed it, your point about them being deceitful is just odd.

People on PTR said it is not rep bound it is sent to you if you own either mount to all characters 100+. The question now is if it was intended not to be sent to ones under 100 or not.

No…this comment is NOT to be trusted.

I’m not happy with some of the game but I’m very happy with most of it.
I’m upset about the water strider mount being nerfed…period.

3 Likes

I stand corrected then. So they’ve regretted giving us this strider from the beginning, huh?
Why am I not surprised?
I still fail to see why they see this as a “problem” they need to “fix”.
They are most certainly deceitful. They decide to link the strider ability to an object we are going to have to pay for. We already paid for it. We already put effort into it. Just because ONCE IN A WHILE, I can avoid some mobs, and blizzard be like “we can’t let this perk continue, we should have never given this ability away”
Of course they can just take it away. They can do anything they want. But not without losing their already tanking credibility. They can create a different mount that has ww ability. They can make it purchasable, craftable, winnable.

People are used to this little bug. A whole lot of people seem to like it.
I’m one of them. I don’t like what amounts to double taxation for an ability I rely on and enjoy. Like flying, they don’t seem to give a tinker’s damn how the community feels about it, because this looks like a done deal. They won’t be happy until they tick off everyone equally.

4 Likes

How generous.
Out of my 100 characters which can use the strider free at present, one, having the rep, will get a one-use water walking equipment in the mail - and all other 99 will have to pay for it.

And the item also causes any mount to take damage jumping down into water, just like it’s landing on rock - which didn’t happen with the strider - and as it gives all of a character’s mounts water walking I cannot switch to another mount to avoid that.

3 Likes

You get a lot of things in PTR just so everyone will test them out.
A Blue has stated one character gets free equipment.

Going to have to ask for a quote on that one.

It’s 1 free for each character that has the required rep. Since they introduced the account wide mounts around the same time, there was no need to grind the rep on more than one.

1 Like

Here’s one clearly indication we’ll only get one free:

Each quote partially doubled as the first shows where it was originally posted to and the second is more complete, giving context.

Those copy/pastes are basically the entire conversation held with Bornakk.
However, currently on the PTR, all level 100+ characters on accounts that have the Anglers rep/strider are receiving one each in the mail. That’s rather limiting, since they are consumable. I would like to see the free BoA item mailed to each alt that reaches level 20. That would put the striders back at square one. Until you decide to change the mount equipment slotted for that character. Thing is, I can’t see me ever changing it to anything else tbh.

How long have you been playing this game? They’ve been trying to correct player behaviour for at least four expansions now.

For example, I’m a cata baby. When I was questing, I noticed I could fly to the target and thought using my flying ability was clever!

I then also did the fireland reps, and began doing others on the side, because I enjoyed seeing my progression get closer and closer, going from “just 20 more days” to “just 10 more days” to “omg, tomorrow is the day” would make me feel really proud of my time spend and accomplishment.

TO THEN HAVE THE DEVELOPERS STATE TO YOU:

-We didn’t like flying because people used it to reach targets

AND

-We don’t like people filling a bar and being able to predict what date they get it

I’m being literally told that how I enjoy playing the game is wrong!!!

That’s why I left the game, and came back to play the legion content for the lore because I figured I would be somewhat safe from Blizzard’s systems, but no, they still find ways to take away things that I was simply doing in the game.

Seriously, the game over the years is just wack-a-mole by the developers. Stop players from doing X, Y is too popular, remove it, people don’t like Z, buff the rewards so they feel compelled to do it even though they find it boring. Tell them they should love RNG, and how they want to play the game, is wrong.

That’s the current state of WoW and it’s 100% a developer created problem. So guess what, most people told them to take a hike, went to play something else, and we are now at the lowest sub count . . EVER! Even if you don’t want to discuss subs, you see for yourself that WoW is the least popular it’s ever been on WoW or Twitch. The only reason the status quo continues is that the game still makes a lot of money from micro-transactions, despite the reduced subs, and the fact some people have invested so much time they find it hard to leave. If this was a newer game, it would be in a state similar to Diablo, Overwatch, and Heartstone.

7 Likes