So now that AV is worse

Unfortunately, I don’t think so. Closing the back door only increases game length, and by that point if the druids are gone…then the normal strat is to /afk out and re-queue for more rep.

2 Likes

Don’t count on that.

With the druid exploit it’s possible to get 3000 rep in 90 minutes. The druid exploit makes the rep farm tolerable. Get rid of it and many will prefer to just do a GDKP run and pay for the replacement ring immediately (casters can get a very similar OH in ZG, and healers were already mostly not queueing).

I just got exalted on my warrior after 73 AV games (0 wins, of course). After the change I’m expecting it to take minimum 300 games for exalted, and I’m not doing that.

Alliance made it clear what was happen if Blizz changed AV’s queueing system without fixing map imbalances, and were right about it. A handful of Horde on their Alliance alts complaining that win rates for Horde weren’t 100% is hardly convincing.

You’re so full of BS, everything we’ve warned about changes has come to pass, and everything you’ve tried to get behind has proven false. You’re just another player trying to destroy the game, and sadly Blizz is helping you.

The current state of AV, of wpvp, of premades in WSG/AB are things we warned Horde about since launch and were ignored until you started whining about it when we were proven right.

Saying that Alliance damaged our own faction when we were once in a position with 100s of AV matches at a time and now rarely go over a dozen is one of the stupidest things you’ve said. Your whining and month long tantrum has ruined the game for everyone- those premades you like to cry about so much are the only thing making up for AV map imbalance- and our successes in WSG/AB prove we do just fine when the map is mirrored.

3 Likes

No. Its the map.

1 Like

What ever you need to keep telling yourself to feel better.

1 Like

Enjoy pvp as you wanted it- sitting in queues not pvping for hours because you fear competition.

1 Like

Don’t worry, I am.

exactly what will happen

1 Like

Fixing the backdoor is nice. Fixing galv rep is a nice fringe benefit (for the vanishingly small percentage of games where it’s even possible to go south of SHGY unless you’re a Rogue or Druid).

But in exchange for (at least) quadrupling the length of the rep grind that everyone is there for and doing nothing to make it competitive honor per hour to pull Alliance rankers back in? There shouldn’t have been a way to turn fixes that good into a net loss for Alliance, but they somehow managed it.

Adapt. Perhaps the will motivate those who want rep to actually attempt the other objectives, rather than looting and trinketing back over and over again.

Capture mines.
Gather mine resources.
Gather and turn in hides.
Turn in blood (you know you can still do that, yes?)
Turn in armor scraps.
Tame cavalry mounts.
Cap towers
cap gys
kill LTs
Kill Captains.
Actually try to win the game.

2 Likes

While this is possible, the release of ZG and AQ20, both easily pugged, make AV rep rewards worthless.

3 Likes

None of those things win the game, and in most cases run into the exact same issues as actually trying to win.

People already do all of that other than towers/GYs (LTs/Captains are usually done once Horde move into the base at the end, and stop guarding IWB choke). Towers/GYs give negligible rep (~12 per, once per game), and requires holding them for 5 minutes against a team that vastly outgears you, even if they do allow you past the IWB choke.

Thing is, get rid of all of the AFKs on the alliance side and have every player put everything they’ve got into each game, and the win rate would be at best 5%. 40 sub-60s and fresh alts (mostly in quest greens and on 60% mounts) are going to lose nearly every time against 25 rankers with pre-BiS or better on 100% mounts. Alliance with gear similar to Horde in AV don’t queue, as they don’t need the rep rewards.

The only way to make Alliance win AV more is to make it compelling honor per hour for rankers like it is for Horde. If you want AVs that are actually a challenge rather than a steamroll, you should support that as well, because all these changes will do is make people like me stop queueing AV entirely (on alts; I haven’t queued AV on this character since the day they took away premades).

1 Like

There are two backdoors. The prevalent one near DB SB, and a less commonly used one that drops you into DB AS from the hills. I find the latter is easier and seems as though it was not mentioned in the patch notes. We’ll see though.

To be honest?

I hope they do that on the ptr. I hope they do all of those things. And if the data shows that’s all that needs to happen, great.

If the data shows these changes aren’t enough to make the winrates more even? Then either blizzard makes more changes or you wait a lot longer for an AV. Dem’s the breaks.

Complete BS. A bunch of Faerlina started on day 1 and many of us, myself included, got exalted in 22-26 hours after release and we were the originators of the premades. As more of us got exalted the premade discord eventually switched but we had a server and even cross server queuing going on from day 1.

Oh and we won 90% of our games. :rofl:

Which part is complete BS? The part where it took about a week for premades to become popular? Because you seem to be confirming the rest of my post. /shrug.

We had cross server queuing and people logging into lvl 1’s on Faerlina asking to get in on it in the first 4~ hours AV was live.

Haha yea, I got my rep and I’ll never go back until changes are made. It’s been how many months and Horde are still salty that Alliance got maybe two weeks of premades before it was axed.

Since then it’s been absurdly high Horde win rates, to the point where most Alliance simply can’t be bothered. Without the spammable rep turn ins, allowing Alliance to gain *something* while Horde are smashing through their objectives, I can’t imagine there’s much reason for your average Alliance player to queue.

The bottom line is, nobody is going to engage in an activity where, 99% of the time, they get crushed. Even the most patient of person will move on eventually.

I am curious as to how high Horde queue times will get. Maybe this is a Blizzard experiment to see how long Horde players are willing to wait for a game :slight_smile:

4 Likes

And when did it become mainstream? I am not saying they were not created on day 1, I am saying when they became widely used…about a week.

Here is the earliest post advertising AV Discords I could find, Dec 19th. 9 days after BGs launched. Feel free to find advertising or mentions of them being mainstream before.