So now that AV is worse

They were mainstream immediately, everyone was doing it. They were just very fragmented and had to take time to consolidate to the size where they were noticeable in the majority of games.

3 Likes

Even if they were main stream emidiately, it was still a pedantic nit-pic on my actual point that queue times for horde were “shorter than 10 minutes and 50% win rate” for Alliance. The thread being cited being from the 9th of December. I could have said “the early days of AV Premading” to cover my butt from stupid pedantics that don’t really address the meat of the issue.

What are you talking about now?

When people are having fun they aren’t nearly as obsessed with complaining.

Horde had fast queues up until they started defending. It was pretty irrelevant of premades honestly.

2 Likes

I said Horde had 45min queues at the end of premades in January and was called a liar. I presented evidence to the contrary. Other person tried to cite December 19 horde times to try and call me a liar again that Horde queue times were not 45min in January.

The whole talk of when premades started has muddied the waters on this one. But I always was under the impression that the slow upwards creep of Horde queue times was because Alliance were getting their desired honor ranks/rep and no longer queuing
not so much anything else.

45 minutes is still a lot better than what you have now :stuck_out_tongue:

Nah, even towards the end, the alliance was queuing in large numbers. It was horde slowing down games that caused the queue. I know people were slowly falling out as they finished, but right up until the patch hit to kill premades, the server I was using saw steady growth.

45min queue for a 6min loss is much
much worse than a 90min for a win. So, what we have now is still much better.

Except horde didn’t have a 100% loss rate and on top of that even those losses netted decent honor/rep. So you have 2+ hours queues now that give you less than you would have gotten not playing scorched earth.

1 Like

I think you might be drastically under counting the amount of Alliance PvErs who were just solo queuing in the first 3 or 4 weeks casually getting exalted. Either way, the cause of the queue increase is ultimately irrelevant to the point that horde queues were 45+ minutes by the end of Alliance premades.

What? Why are you suggesting they outgear you? Is alliance somehow not the better faction for pve now? When did this change happen?

Maybe, either way, yeah horde queues went up over time until premades died and they spiked drastically.

Yes. But the claim was the Horde queue times were 10 minutes at the time Premadies died.

Nice, everyone talks about how theres no extra reward for clearing content better (World buffs) and somehow you think that’s a point?

Well that’s obvious nonsense.

1 Like

Lol yes, obviously. That is what I was trying to point out
but there was a lot of water-muddying along the way.

What are you going on about? Alliance has historically been stronger PVE-wise. Are you implying that is no longer the case, and that horde are magically better geared by virtue of
 what exactly?

I explained that before. Horde in AV outgear Alliance because Horde rankers queue for AV. On Alliance only sub-60s and newly 60 alts (who of course don’t have gear; this is why they’re in AV to begin with) queue in meaningful numbers.

Modifying the incentives so that Alliance rankers queue for AV will fix this disparity. You wouldn’t even need to fix the map or do the other stuff that most Alliance here talk about to help with this.

Gear disparity in AV is purely the result of incentives, and has nothing to do with which faction is easier in PvE (which is Alliance of course; salv is OP).

It’s Dec 2019, not Dec 19th. That you’re so dedicated to lying you’re trying to make up dates is just sad and braindead.

Unless you honestly think that every single post made last year just happened to be on the 19th of each month. Which is sad in another way.

Can’t the same be said for alliance rankers NOT queueing for AV? Does this not shine a glaring light on why ranking alliance are not queueing for AV? A number of us have repeatedly pointed out that the other 2 BGs are VASTLY better HPH, which has been repeatedly dismissed by alliance complainers. Yet an excuse for alliance losing in AV is now blamed on horde being better geared? What circles are being run around in these threads. Like tails chasing their own dogs.

There is NOTHING that will make the HPH better in AV than the other 2 BGs, Not without either destroying the honor from AB/WSG, or completely redesigning AV to be an on-demand honor piñata, which defeats the entire point of AV’s original design.

So how would you do it? How would you increase the HPH without destroying vanilla AV?

Gear disparity is without question the result of HPH. The “better” the competition in AV, the worse the HPH.

As long as raid gear is uber powerful in PVP, it cannot just be handwaved like you are attempting to do.