So is the Horde campaign gonna come later or?

So I can just kill Alliance NPCs without getting flagged? Sweet! Gonna grief so many people leveling alts.

1 Like

Unflagged for pvp would mean they’re friendly no matter what

Well be more specific next time lol.

I LOVE how you go on about how the Alliance and Horde don’t matter anymore and then show your faction biases two posts later. You want the factions to fight again too, you just won’t admit it.

1 Like

Nobody wants this anymore, it restricts the gameplay too much. If someone wants to play an Alliance Tauren, then they should be allowed to do so. Or a corrupt human at Horde.

Faction identity in this topic is just “war” and does not represents the core elements of for what those colors once stood.

2 Likes

No you don’t want this anymore. There are others that do.

We have said repeatedly that it’s not about war with the Alliance. It’s about having our own quests. You are free to use your RP addons and pretend to be what you like.

5 Likes

The majority does not want this anymore. And Ion Hazzikostas as acknowledged this as well in an interview. The war is over. You need to move on.

This is something I agree with, but you’re discussing the Blizzard writing team, who is not competent enough to fulfill a satisfying storyline for both sides regularly.

I can see midnight being dark and horde all over. At least earthen are dual faction.

You never give numbers on this. A poll given by Mike Ybarra said very differently too.

Again, for the thousandth time, it’s not about war with the Alliance.

Oh and so they are only able to write it for Alliance and the community veils it as “neutral?” BS!

3 Likes

Thrall, known for being a Shaman.
Shaman, known for communing with the elements.
Elements like the wind, water, air, storm, fire, et cetera.
Storm, like the stormrooks Lufsela is trying to commune with in the first place.

Shouldn’t be surprised when a Horde player misses out on the blatantly obvious like this, and yet I am. Maybe I’m just spoiled interacting with the esteemed aesthetes of the great and glorious Alliance.

1 Like

Ask Ion Hazzikostas personally, if you want to have numbers. All I can do is referring to actual sources and interviews.

I do not care for your emotional victimization and manhunting. I do agree with your concerns but that’s it. Either you can discuss or let it be.

No you don’t want this anymore and the constant attempts you people keep making to gaslight others into thinking you hold the majority opinion are getting on my nerves

I’m shocked by how you can have such a fundamental misunderstanding of what the Alliance and Horde are. These are groups of nations bound by politics, not philosophies that you can convert to. There’s no conceivable reason why a tauren would want to join the Alliance or a human join the Horde nor is there any reason why the Alliance or Horde would accept such citizens. Maybe spies and saboteurs driven by greed, but not actual soldiers or citizens.

4 Likes

You know who are also well know for being shamans and communning with the elements AND dealing with gryphons who are called the stormriders?

Hint: they also have a connection with the rock dwarves

you have guessed orcs and Thrall, well, too bad, its the wildhammer clan, of shamanistic dwarves, they should be the one there, Thrall is a token with two lines in the cinematic.

This race doesn’t make a lick of sense to join the horde, and it have nothing to do with horde aesthetic and thematic, thats why it feels unfitting and out of place

2 Likes

Ion spoke recently about people still preferring the faction lines and some not. Maria Hamilton spoke on still keeping factions in place. Not having faction war does NOT mean getting rid of factions. People not wanting faction war also does NOT mean not wanting factions.

Don’t be so dramatic.

I’m not victimized. I’d just prefer doing story with Horde NPCs. Having a Horde questing path. I’m not even sure what the manhunting thing is about.

3 Likes

I was joking before, but do I really need to explain to you that both Kurdran and Thrall were there because each specializes in a specific field necessary to the endeavor concerning the stormrooks?

Thrall: Communes with elements
Kurdran: Flies gryphons
Madness, I know.

1 Like

Eh, I agree with the rest of what you’ve been saying and I used to hold this opinion too. But after getting an idea of who the Earthen of Khaz Algar are I don’t actually mind them being in the Horde. Personally I wish they’d stop adding races altogether when the ones we already have are being so neglected. But I welcome our new Earthen friends.

That being said, it just makes me that much more hungry for a faction conflict. One of the biggest missed opportunities of Mists of Pandaria was being able to watch people who were once neighbors or possibly even friends slowly learn to despise each other as their allegiance to their chosen faction began to eclipse the bonds made in their old lives. They have a real chance to do this right with the Earthen and Dracthyr.

This is a public forum and not social media. If you don’t want to discuss things, then don’t post here. This is not social media². And unlike you, I actually linked an official link to the topic. This is more than you have done so far.

Your idea of “getting on my nerves” only shows that you are delusional. You are just triggered by a random person on the internet. What for? Because someone just wrote some text? If you are already triggered now, how will you ever be capable of handling situations which are truly upsetting?

Perhaps you should start reading the books, before opening your mouth and gaslight someone. Ironic, isn’t it. The core concept are the values of the factions and not a set in stone commitment.

Besides, if we broaden the discussion to loosening the restrictions regarding the playable class, then why is it so unimaginable that a human can be at Horde? People should be free to play how they want to and your argument has no valid point speaking against it besides “politics”.

Yes, I agree with you here. But that’s nothing new. The problem is and has been always the writing. They could easily added two to three main Horde heroes but they just didn’t do it.

1 Like

I know it makes me unpopular for a certain crowd but I do hope they stick to the pan-elven cooperation thing Metzen announced - keep the blood elves front and center (with nightborne obviously) but also do the unity thing in a way that gives everyone a good presence.

Frozen throne being the expansion that convinced me to try wow has a lot to do with it - the early interactions between Tyrande and Kael’thas is a thing I loved. It’s so different from wow, it almost feels like an awkward family reunion.

1 Like

Most of these low lv alts are alliance players who still can’t get over blood elves goiing horde, they rather the factions to end and that bs to “any race pick your faction” like its some moba team game, so they can have their way by picking alliance blood elves

You should not even bother with this kind of nonsense from people who have zero lore knowledge to suggest the factions should be dumb down to pick the side you like more, ignoring years of lore, worldbuilding and the small factions within the factions.

do i really need to explain to you again that any other dwarf shaman could have done that? Thrall is literally a token character who is not needed nor necessary, because rock dwarves stick with dwarves, not orcs

Its not a matter of who they are as a people, it about what they are, they are rock dwarves, dwarves are alliance, end of history

The moment they start to make the lines of what divine the faction thin, is is the moment clueless people like the one you were responding come to, to say they should get rid of factions all together.

Neutral races are one kind of bad, but keep adding races who belong to another faction into both is a terrible bad idea making the races bloated, the faction line, thematic and fantasy muddled

Thats the reason why neutral races and the race of one faction transplanted to another is a problem, this is a kind of issue that will never be discussed or deal with it, have 12 years of mists of pandaria and the pandarens itself might be non existent to this game appearing as random npcs for token here and there

ITs something that doesn’t work, and its a problem that is just getting bigger

the books that say the faction “peace” treaty is thin and can break any moment by Exploring Azeroth? when conflicts between orcs and elves still happen after BFA like in ashenvale?

Because humans hate the horde for what its done to him and his race and people/faction, because the horde races hate humans because what they did to their race people/faction

That is the basic of this setting of the worldbuilding of the setting, if you don’t like it, there is plenty of other games who don’t have similar well constructed world and you can do whatever you like without being bound by the rules of it

5 Likes

Who ever said that I like elves? I’m pretty sure there are several statements from me recorded which say that I do not like them but that the Alliance-players have absolutely a right in having High Elves.

And in return: What does the posting has to do with the topic at hand? All what you did was an irrelevant backhanded cross-reference with no substance to it.

Yeah i just do not believe that, if walks and quacks like a duck, is a duck to me :slight_smile:

1 Like