Ion said No more focus on faction war, which pretty much means its over?

So will they change the name of the game? Yes there are other wars. I’ve even said this but the game was called “World of Warcraft” because of the RTS which was most definitely about war between Horde and Alliance (Orcs vs Humans really). So the name doesn’t really fit anymore?

10 Likes

War isn’t just faction war…

Been a lot of other wars in this game. Hell even WCIII barely had a faction war element.

66 Likes

no. its a game that takes place in the world of warcraft. it does not mean the factions are required to be at war at all times

57 Likes

Hallelujah.

42 Likes

Peace is a lie.

There will only be war, even if I have to start it myself.

19 Likes

We’re still going to war, just not with each other.

Though if people are that obsessed the game lives up to the literal interpretation of its name, maybe we should bring the world back into the forefront too.

10 Likes

and CRAFT!

15 Likes

We still have wars with other new enemies each expansion. Glad to hear they are moving away from this faction war BS, it got tiresome.

23 Likes

boring imo :grimacing:

but i do look forward to using my horde mounts on my druid
:dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

2 Likes

Thank god.
It’s stale as hell. Stop trying to hamfist that stuff in.

25 Likes

I know who we can go to war with guys…FF 14! Do a massive collaboration with Yoshi P and like have some kinda invasion. :stuck_out_tongue: lol “A cosmos divided can not stand against what is coming…” que catgirls invading

9 Likes

Well we ARE getting a profession revamp.

Though I do kind of wish they’d fix low level professions a bit too. Dynamite that does like 2 damage makes me sad.

5 Likes

They felt burnt by BFA lol… when in reality they approached it badly.
They also have some mantra now in their culture at California where we all love each other so we’ll be working together from n ow on :laughing:

Don’t think they need to change the name of the game though.

2 Likes

you’re too late, these forums have been at war with FF14 for like 8 years

6 Likes

There’s a difference between never having a faction war be the main focus and never having any faction conflict again. We had faction conflict from vanilla to Cata and in Warlords/Legion without it being the focus of the expansion.

Of course, with them doing “fun” things like merging the Explorer’s League/Reliquary and having Baine endless drool over Anduin, I’m not holding my breath.

Found the Sith.

2 Likes

BFA is what is called a bait and switch. They made it look like it was about the faction war and then it was about N’Zoth instead.

6 Likes

Yeah the new profession stuff is good (well better than in years), but my heart still yearns for something like ffxiv.

Preach it my brother in Darkside!

Maybe instead of physical war…it can be a trade war between alliance and horde trying to sell their goods in DF? lol

I love when the OP’s title is directly contradicted by the preview blurb in their own source link.