So are you guys fixing the NVidia issue sometime or what?

I should also add that I disabled all my addons aswell. Auctionator in particular seemed to be causing me to lag. It didn’t make my game freeze but when I would mouse over certain pieces of gear/world quests it would make my game really laggy. 100% recommend disabling auctionator for now if anyone uses that addon.

I rolled back to 419.67 as a test, ddu and all, and bam, stuttering or mini freezes vanished. I’m using a 1080.

adding to those who have had success after rolling the drivers back to 419.67. rtx 2080 here, thanks for the advice everyone!

can some1 plz link me the exact 419.67 i need they have a few different 1’s i have a gtx 1060 if that helps i just dont know which to download?

Hi Lilape

Here is the link for that download. You would want to run the DDU tool we used previously to uninstall the Nvidia you have now.

I replied on your original thread. Take a look there.

so i run the Killer driver thing insteadof the nvidia driver?

Go ahead and try that driver - can’t hurt. Then try the Killer control center install.

Thank you, I’m also using the 1060 6g and I’ve been having the same issue. I’m installing the 419.67 now and I hope my results are as good as your own.

4 posts were split to a new topic: Kothev - Rubber Banding Thread

Same here, ever since the new patch and I have done every so called fix Blizz support has suggested and nothing works

I don’t believe this is Blizzard’s issue to fix. Hear me out before you lynch me…

I fixed my problem this way…

1. Uninstall NVIDIA driver 425.31 or any driver previous to 430.39
  2. Reboot the PC after uninstalling even if you aren’t told to do it.
  3. Download and install NVIDIA driver 430.39 using the CLEAN INSTALL method in the driver installer (important).

My problems went away and WoW behavior was returned to normal levels for me. Good luck. If the above steps don’t work for you, and if you don’t keep much on your PC but games, do a reformat/clean install of Windows and then load the new NVIDIA driver above starting at Step 3.

For good measure and less problems, you should always select “Custom” NVDIA driver installations and check the “Clean Install” box in the list of options.

Good luck

(I can confirm this works on RTX 2070’s in Windows 10 Pro 64-bit as that is what I’m working with)

Just to report back after a week, I’m still using 419.67 and the freezing hasn’t returned. It seems like Nvidia has just released a new driver so I might give that a try. If the freezing comes back, I’ll revert.

Edit: Nope, freeze comes back. I’m rolling back to 419.67 again. Let’s hope Nvidia fixes this sooner or later.

I’ve a 1050 ti and NVIDIA recently updated their drivers. I was having the same issues with the random freezes before I updated them. They seem to have been resolved (knock on wood) so far.

Thanks for the updates y’all. This is something we’re still looking into but glad to hear that the issue looks to be resolved with some driver changes.

I too have the NVIDIA and the game is pretty much been unplayable for me over the past few weeks. When casting a spell, I constantly get stuck in that position and ultimately time out.

What can I do to get that scan of my system specs to determine what changes I might be able to make on my existing computer?

Follow these steps from my post above, #110

Hi Draperon

Go ahead and start your own troubleshooting thread. On your new thread detail the issues as best you can. The instructions for the system report you mention can be found here:

The second section of page has DXDiag report instructions - we don’t require the MSinfo report.

That will be a wall of text. If you have issues pasting on the Forum here go ahead and put it up on pastebin.com. Provide the link code portion of the URL - example below.

(The green bold portion of the link: https://pastebin.com/**Qk28Ed1P**)

Provide that link to the DXDiag report on your new thread.

I was able to solve this issue for myself by disabling all my addon’s.

It’s either handynotes, DBM or details. I’m currently using recount with no issues.

1 Like

Good that you fixed it, but that’s another issue entirely. The issues listed in this thread occur with or without the presence of addons. It’s a bit different, although they produce similar effects. The driver issue being discussed here affects games other than wow as well. Thanks for your info.

Installed -
Version: 430.64
Release Date: 2019.5.9

Playing around for the last hour or so and have yet to experience any stuttering/lag/etc.

Edit:
Day 2 - I’ve done some battle grounds, faction assaults, and a few 5 mans, all while running both my accounts at max settings at the same time. At least 6 hrs play time total and have yet to re-experience the video stuttering/lag issue. For now, for me, looks like the latest driver resolved the issue.

Edit #2:
Issue is not resolved. Somehow, someway, I have no idea how, the stuttering/lag issue has returned. I first started noticing it while I was doing an invasion on one account while having an AH toon logged in on my second account. Now I’m experiencing the issue regularly in a variety of scenarios.

I’m using DX12.

1 Like