So are you guys fixing the NVidia issue sometime or what?

Just resubscribed already regretting it…have the same issues with my gtx 1070 only in this game im not willing to go back to an old driver really wish you guys would try to fix it instead of blaming nvidia please blizzard no other games have this problem if this keeps up ill just unsubscribe again and keep playing ff14 till classic is out.

When you installed the latest driver did you Use DDU to remove the older driver?

1 Like

No but I just uninstalled wow though.

3 Likes

It is recommended that when you update drivers you do a clean install. DDU removes all of the old drivers and registry entries which can cause issues. If that does not work please start your own thread with a DXdiag

DxDiag
1.Press Windows Key + R.
2.Type DxDiag and press Enter.
3.In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
4.Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save
5.Open the txt file above select all, copy and paste to this thread.
You can include the DXDIAG in a reply to the forum post. Place it between rows of ticks (`) for formatting:

```
Like this.

```
If it will not allow you to post the whole thing post it on pastebin.com just post the last section of the link see the highlight section below .

https://pastebin.com /y47kBy74

It is more likely a problem with the Nvidia GeForce Experience software than with the Nvidia driver.

Try uninstalling GeForce Experience. It’s full of telemetry and “features” like Shadowplay, that will intermittently drag your FPS through the mud and crash your games.

I had similar issues that went away by uninstalling GeForce Experience, which would keep turning on Shadowplay and by shutting off Windows Game Bar.

1 Like

Dude this is EXACTLY what happens to me. If I don’t try to listen to any music it’s fine, but if I want to stream Pandora or run WinAmp it will crash WoW.

1 Like

Switch to AMD. Problem solved.

So I also found other issues from using windows event manager and my computer runs like a dream now.

Even if it’s just the driver issue, kind of glad I spent the time.

the new driver update that just released fixed the issue

1 Like

You want to turn off hardware acceleration. in the app you are using. If its chrome

To disable hardware acceleration in Google Chrome, follow the steps below:

1. Open Google Chrome.
  2. Click Customize and Control Google Chrome > Settings.
  3. Click on Show advanced settings and scroll to the System section.
  4. Uncheck Use hardware acceleration when available and restart Google Chrome.

To turn this feature off, we’d recommend performing the following:

1. In Edge, launch this website.
  2. Locate and click the Test Flash Player button.
  3. Right-click on the image below the Test Flash Player button, and then select Settings.
  4. Uncheck Enable hardware acceleration, and then click on Close.

The new drivers have not fixed the problem.
Version: 430.39
Release Date: 2019.4.23

2 Likes

I’m basically having the same problem as everyone above states. It all started Tuesday for me. I can’t raid or arena because i get huge lag spikes. I’m talking 10 seconds or more. Nvidia user here as well.

Hi Scornedpride

What you describe could be caused by a few different things. Connection - addons - UI corruption - drivers - Windows updates. Best to start your own thread on this and detail things as best you can. We can go from there.

Have a Nvidia GTX 1060 and I also get the same “stutters” I have reported this at least 4 times and tried every fix Support has given me and nothing works. Blizz does not seem to really be concerned about this.

1 Like

Same issue here, I just resubbed, and I am thinking of unsubbing due to this. Dungeons, raids, even open world. My screen will freeze every few seconds for 2-3 seconds while I am in combat, I’ve tried everything posted on this threat. Using MSI 1060 6g. I’ve never had this issue in FF. My drivers are clean and updated, no internet issue, minimal add ons ( though I tried disabling them ) Reoptimized in Geoforce Experience and I disabled the Overlay, AND I changed from DirectX12

1 Like

Sigh … add me to this list.

nvidia card and random freezes. worked in 8.1 started freezing in 8.1.5 …

2 Likes

Happens to me in Boralus just before I go down the steps to the ship - THAT’S a regular occurence. Other times: in flight, or right after landing. The longest freeze has been 12 seconds. 1050 Nvidia card too - recently updated and I’m current.

Edited to add: I uninstalled Geoforce Experience - no change.

Same issue here with a Geforce GTX 970. My wife has an identical computer, with identical graphics card and is not experiencing the issue. After taking a look, I discovered she has not updated her Nvidia drivers in some time.

She is on 419.67. I’ve rolled mine back and done a clean install to hopefully see if it fixes my freezing as well. She has DX12 set with no issues.

Edit: Rolled back to 419.67. DX12 enabled and I’ve been running M+ for 5+ hours without a single freeze.

3 Likes

Just did what you said and rolled back my nvidia driver to the 419.67 version/dx12. So far my game has been running so much smoother and I have not had any weird freezes/fps drops since rolling my driver back. Thanks for the tip Misere… it seems to have fixed it for me. I have a gtx 1060 6gb, and have been suffering from the random freezing/fps drops like so many others in this thread. If anyone is reading this try rolling back your driver to the 419.67 version and see if it fixes it. So far it has for me.

Thanks for the update Misère and Minalina. Is anyone else able to confirm that the 419.67 drivers are helping?

Old drivers can be obtained from the GeForce site here. Would recommend using Display Driver Uninstaller to remove the current drivers before installing those.