So are you guys fixing the NVidia issue sometime or what?

Since 8.1.5, a ton of players including myself have been having random freezes, often de-maximizing a windowed mode game.
Crashes in Underrot, Uldir, Nazmir in particular common but can happen elsewhere.

So what is it you broke?
And why does it seem like nothing’s being done about it?

17 Likes

My current situation
Literally just about everywhere I go in the world I’m getting these freezes and stutters and loading screens are a lot longer than usual. Sometimes in loading screens or entering an area my WoW will stop responding and I have to click on “Continue the process” and just wait it out. It’s very painful and nerveracking because It wasn’t always like this… At the start of BFA and prior I could play the game just fine, but now even in combat my FPS gets way lower than it ever has before. I got Ahead of the Curve for G’huun because I could play the game just fine… and now I don’t even want to attempt raiding BFD just because of this stuttering, frame drop issue… I don’t want to be a burden.

17 Likes

Nvidia here and experiencing the same… :frowning: sad times

7 Likes

mine is doing the exact same thing, nvidia 1050ti here

6 Likes

Nvidia 1060 here. My game seems to completely freeze up at certain spots in the world, but only for a few seconds. It doesn’t crash but omg is it annoying!

6 Likes

What GPU do you have? There is a know issue with DX 12 and low memory GPU’s Generaly 3 going and below however it can also affect the 4 gig cards if you are trying to run the game at higher resolution. Basically the GPU runs out of Vram

In the above case it is recommended you run the game in either DX 11 or DX 11 legacy.

In-game the DirectX version can be changed by:

1. Pressing Esc
  2. Select System
  3. Select Advanced
  4. Change the Graphics API
  5. Restart the game client

DirectX version can also be changed out of game through the command line arguments in the Battle.net desktop app.

1. With the Battle.net desktop app opened and WoW selected click on Options
  2. Select Game Settings
  3. Find WoW and check the box for Additional command line arguments
  4. In the new box enter the command for the desired DirectX version:
  • -d3d11legacy
  • -d3d11
  • -d3d12
  1. Click Done to save.
1 Like

Same issue on an rtx 2080ti. Have tried all three versions of DirectX and still having the problem. Anyone have a fix for this? It’s definitely not only on”low memory” cards

2 Likes

I am experiencing the same issue with a GTX980 4GB VRAM.

@Northernlite If that was the case the GPU running out of VRAM the guy above with a RTX 2080ti with 11 GB VRAM wouldn’t be having the same issues.

I really would like a fix for this not throwing it on user hands as usual.

1 Like

same problem with nvidia 1070ti have tried all the dx options and still stutters , freezes, and a huge fluctuation in FPS. was flawless before 8.1.5

1 Like

I have zero issues with My RTX card and wow. But there is a know issue with cards running out of Vram. Also what have you tried.

Addons can cause issues.

Any type of over lays.

Some common over lays EVGA precision or any of the GPU OC programs, Over wolf, Nvidia share, Windows DVR, Steam overlay, Twitch overlay,

Windows settings like full screen optimization

Just bought a 1660 Ti 6gb to replace a GTX 745 4gb. Sometimes I encounter stuttering with my FPS dropping between 20 and 100 randomly. I have no idea why it does this, but the game is unplayable when it does. I can usually play the game on ultra settings without any issues. Reboots tend to fix my issue temporarily, but I don’t experience this on any of the other games I play.

2 Likes

What GPU did you have previously? What resolution are you playing at?

Make sure power management in both windows and NVidia control panel are set to maximum performance.
Setting Power management mode from “Adaptive” to “Maximum Performance” can improve performance in certain applications when the GPU is throttling the clock speeds incorrectly. To change this setting, with your mouse, right-click over the Windows desktop and select “NVIDIA Control Panel” -> from the NVIDIA Control Panel, select the “Manage 3D settings” from the left column -> click on the Power management mode drop down box and select “Prefer Maximum Performance”. Click over the “Apply” button at the bottom of the panel to apply the changes.

Have you and others contacted nVidia about this as well?

Could be their drivers need to be updated as well.

same thing here and has been a constant issue since the patch.

did this and all other suggested fixes and still have the same issue

1 Like

same here. nvidia 1070, tried the fixes above and made sure nvidia was up to date. I’m not getting in game freezes, just random crashes since 8.1.5 :confused:

2 Likes

Hi Everyone,
As luck would have it, I work in Nvidia customer care. I would like to gather some info from anyone seeing this problem.

I can’t post links here so I created a forum post on our Geforce Driver Forums titled "Having problems in WOW"

If you can use the feedback survey that is linked there we can take a look.

Derek-

2 Likes

They went from stable to beta in one patch. If they don’t fix it soon, I will find something else to play and I have been here since vanilla. Customer service sucks, game is mediocre and now it doesn’t run right.

3 Likes

Thank you, Crepitus.

Here is a link to the forum post:
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1104727/having-problems-in-wow-/?offset=1

We do not know of any specific issues with freezing or stuttering linked to Nvidia cards right now. It’s normally related to interference of third party software, overheating, or a broken addon. Nothing related to Nvidia in general, though. If you do have the information Crepitus is requesting, please provide the information from the survey in the link above.

Also, if you are getting crashes, please make your own thread with the information and DXDIAG and we can take a look. Any game crashing specific issues are best diagnosed by us, and not by Nvidia.

So many posts saying the same thing but it appears blizzard always wants to treat it as an individual issue. I’ve made a post, linked the requested logs, and still am getting nothing but the same old answers. Swapped DirectX versions, turned off addons, did selective startup, etc. What’s it gonna take to get customer service to actually get someone in the proper technical area to actually look into this? There’s literally hundreds of people telling you guys the same thing and you’re continuing to imply there’s an individual hardware issue on their end rather than looking into your patch.

7 Likes