So are you guys fixing the NVidia issue sometime or what?

Are you using DX 12 or DX 11 Legacy or DX 11?

I installed 419.67 and all was going fine until I started doing heroic 5 mans on my new 120… thought the screen freezes were gone :’(

I’m on 430.64, just installed yesterday, using DX 11 Legacy and the problem actually seems to have returned. I hadn’t had an issue in a while before that. Not sure if I should try downgrading or what now. :confused:

Same. I rolled back to 419.67 - did no good.

So today I went to 430.64 - did no good.

When I downloaded the 430.64 update I made sure to leave off GE Experience, because of the info here that it carries a lot of unwanted “baggage” which would interfere with gameplay.

Sorry - I haven’t read all the comments so if I’m repeating this question, please excuse me, but is Blizz in contact with Nvidia about this? MY GT1050 works fine with everything else, so it’s gotta be one, the other or both together, right?

I’m afraid to ask to group or get into multi-player mode because I never know when my screen will freeze.

Some kind of update on progress would be nice.

I resolved it by just going to DX11 instead of 12. Not like 12 did much of anything anyway in WoW and it lets me use ReShade again.

DX 12, but I tried DX 11. It didn’t help.

I thought it was just me!!! I searched all over Google looking for recent threads about this issue. It has happened at some EXTREMELY inconvenient times. Game randomly freezes as if it’s going to throw a not responding error but instead, it throws me back to desktop and pops back up again. All of my hardware is overclocked so I figured something was throttling. Ran stress tests for 2 days and regularly monitor my temps…all good on my end.

Surely we can’t all be experiencing isolated incidents??? I mean it was never an issue before the latest patch.

I’m still having the same issues. with lag hits then it dropping to desk top back then back to game. it’ll auto go full screen out of no where when I play in windowed mod normally. DX12 980TI GPU

Update: I’m on the most current version of Nvidia drivers and running a Windows Preview Build. I get the freezing until I restart Windows Explorer. The freezing vanishes.

I’ve submitted a few bug reports to Microsoft, however at this point it looks to be windows explorer related.

Hey all,

This thread has way too many different issues in it right now. We’re closing it down, since the directx12 crashing bugs we were previously investigating on our end in this thread appear to have been resolved. At some point this thread also got some unrelated issues thrown in as well like reports of FPS stuttering, etc. To keep an eye on any currently active issues, or troubleshoot any problems you’re currently having, check our known issues and common troubleshooting threads and post your own thread if you need help.