So... About Sylvanas

This certainly aged well. lol

This is disgustingly offensive to anyone who cared about her as a suicide survivor and more.

Really nasty way of thinking

Ughā€¦ what? The REAL Sylvanas I was referring to is her before she died by Arthas. A completely different attitude than what we have seen in banshee Sylvanas all these years. If youā€™re ā€œdisgustingly offendedā€ by that then I donā€™t know what to tell ya. It seems like youā€™re making a far stretch to try to make it sound like I said something offensive. :rofl:

1 Like

Just noticed the throwback to Volā€™jinā€™s death cinematic. They tend to linger on stuff like that for a reason, but kinda struggling to see how King-Captain MIA Troll would figure into anything here.

Reference

2 Likes

Both are moments of introspection of a sort for Sylvanas? In the Volā€™jin cinematic she lingers long after his body has been taken away and the others have left, staring at the Warchiefā€™s throne. In this new cinematic sheā€™s unconscious, but we know that sheā€™s mentally active, following up on her conversation with Uther, and heā€™s the only one who stays while the others eventually leave. I find it interesting that Thrall and Baine leave first, before Jaina and Bolvar.

Iā€™m loving everything about this cinematic, how she was basically Delaryn at Teldrassil, how sheā€™s lingering in Lordaeron, KT, her remorse, etc etc etc

What is there not to like about this cinematic and story development?

3 Likes

Sylvanas headā€¦pike or somethingā€¦I donā€™t knowā€¦I lost track of how much the usual suspects are always wrong about everything.

1 Like

That can be a side quest-chain before the raid. Then they can go to Revendreth together in a sort of Venthyr-flavored version of how Thiernax and Qadarin went to Ardenwealde as a couple.

1 Like

ikr, lol. I feel so validated right now.

I think itā€™s somewhat unfair to view this that way. People are more than the trauma thatā€™s happened to them and this is Sylvanasā€™ way of healing. She is reconciling what she is with what she was, combining her positive past with her current self through regaining what sheā€™s lost, having the knowledge of both, and is taking that to move on. She is a character who has been known as stubborn, and now she has a support system in Uther who can help her, because sometimes someone needs people who can help them and sheā€™s being given that. Anyone looking at her as a suicide survivor metaphor should be happy that she can come through this in a positive way, instead of reacting to this like a fan of an emo band who wants them to always be mopey.

1 Like

I donā€™t think Baalsamael likes me very much is why I think they posted that to be honest. I mean Iā€™m talking about a character in its entirety and he tries to make what I said about one single thing that happened to her in the story and imply I was being offensive. And Iā€™m the one with the disgusting way of thinkingā€¦ :confused:

2 Likes

I think he used your post as a way to make himself feel superior.

3 Likes

So. Sylvanas has an internal split personality. The jailer has restored Sylvanasā€™ identity to normal. Yes.
It would be fun to turn her into a second Anduin by executing the second person ā€¦ Oh well. At least she is ready to be executed, if anything. Mdaā€¦ OK. I wonder what the loyalists who escaped imprisonment would say if Sylvanas said ā€œTime to be responsibleā€? It will be nice if they come to be executed voluntarily.

So and why does Tyrande thank her for setting things right?

The souls of the Night Elves are still obliterated in the maw as of 9.2

I suspect that Tyrande thanks Sylvanas for setting things right just to annoy you.

If I had to guess.

1 Like

I mean thatā€™s literally what it is since Sylvanas does nothing to make up for what she did regarding night elves

She doesnā€™t, she thanks the Horde PC.

1 Like

How do you know?

And things still arenā€™t set right since there isnt anything regarding the night elf souls

Of course she hasnā€™t because nothing short of her soul being obliterated will satisfy you.

1 Like

Tyrandeā€™s thanking the Horde PC for their efforts to save nelf souls in the Maw and all their work regarding the night warrior stuff. Sheā€™s very clear that this isnā€™t a free pass, that she will never trust them, but sheā€™s thanking them for their efforts in those areas.

Iā€™m not going to give you any crap here. I get why this feelsā€¦ Generously (and non-bannably) speaking, poor form. I donā€™t entirely disagree with you. The voice line is unnecessary.