So... About Sylvanas

It was a pretty cruel punishment yeah. If Uther had not been there, it would of been impossible to of woken her up from an eternal torment of reliving her worst hits over and over.

4 Likes

She’s a Night elf, so she’s about half as powerful as an average grunt. I’m sorry, I don’t see how anyone can take Tyrande seriously. I don’t care about her DBZ power up that amounted to literally nothing. That was so dumb, and not compelling at all.

5 Likes

Agreed. The cinematic makes this very clear. The anti-Sylvanas types cannot decide whether Sylvanas lacking free-will and being controlled (which is not the story at all except for the Arthas bits) is worse story-telling or that she is owning up to her mistakes is worse story-telling.

It’s Schroedinger’s Sylvanas. If you made up your mind four years ago that the only acceptable outcome was Sylvanas dying a painful, torturous death I can see how your brain probably fizzled tonight.

4 Likes

“Dominance”, strange way to say mutual destruction and desolation of one’s self in a pointless war… last time I checked the Alliance “won” the war, but not without bankrupting and desolating both the Horde AND themselves too.

No, it was in Lord of the Clans only.

I’ve been sort of hoping when we finally kill the jailer, she’ll replace him and make sure that from then on, only actual legit evil souls go to the maw, while good souls get to rest in peace. And then while she’s at it, maybe she can heal the world soul and get rid of that big sword. Maybe cast some kind of mass resurrection on some of those wrongly-tortured souls as well.

Ahh ashame.

It would’ve done wonderfully in showing Alliance in a dark light.

Sylvanas is searching for Nathanos. “I found you before, my love. I WILL find you again.”

9 Likes

Love it.

Love Nathanos.

Love Sylvanas.

Couldn’t be happier.

EDIT: It does sound like Sylvanas is going to go on a sojourn to rescue Nathanos which will probably take her out of the story for a few expansions, oh well, I can’t always get everything I want every time. But should quell the whole Sylvanas sacrificing herself idea.

2 Likes

How can you be happy when the Banshee Queen got erased?

The Banshee Queen did not get erased. If Sylvanas came out of that coma and hugged Baine and Thrall I would be concerned. This is still Sylvanas. It’s all of Sylvanas. It’s going to take some getting used to, some adjustments. But it will work in the end. Sylvanas is here to stay.

1 Like

Of course she was erased! That was the entire point of the conversation with Uther. Didn’t you pay attention?

The point of that interaction with Uther was to get the Ranger General part of her psyche on board with the plan and to reintroduce that side of Sylvanas (or introduce as you prefer) to the playerbase.

That is not the Sylvanas that awakens. The Sylvanas that awakens is still Sylvanas.

My original hope for Sylvanas as Warchief was to eventually come to accept her role and grow into appreciating the Horde. That was the promise of the BfA intro cinematic. This Sylvanas is closer to fulfilling that promise than the complete stranger that was the BfA Sylvanas.

5 Likes

I have to disagree. To me it sounds as if Sylvanas’ search for Nathanos will be part of the 9.2 content.

3 Likes

I hope so. The sooner Nathanos is back the better.

I suspect though that having Sylvanas searching for Nathanos is a way to cool the temperature in the room for an expansion or two as the Sylvanas haters come to terms with the fact that she is indeed still going to be part of the story going forward.

2 Likes

zomg, I was just about to talk about how she is in Lordaeron when Uther finds her lol.

I’m officially undone.

I just watched this new cinematic and WOW I am impressed. They did an excellent job making this and further explain what is really going on with Sylvanas. I’m so glad they showed Sylvanas’ true nature, her ranger general self and how she hates what she became after she died. What I am a bit concerned about is her thinking she needs to pay for the crimes banshee Sylvanas did. I understand why she would feel this way though. They need to make sure the other main characters understand the state of being of souls affected by the jailer’s soul split power.

One thing is definitely clear to me after watching this and that is the REAL Sylvanas is back and I couldn’t be more excited! Her legacy as the banshee queen was incredible and full of great memories for me as a long time horde player. I just hope her new legacy going forward is even better. :smiley: If this doesn’t have WoW fans excited for what happens next in the story then I don’t know what will.

1 Like

blink I don’t know if its because I’m tired or how tone doesn’t convey over text but I genuinely don’t know if your being extremely sarcastic or serious.

I’m being serious. I’ve long pointed out how irrational people have been about Sylvanas so my opinions about how excited I am for her character now are not sarcasm.

Thanks you for clarifying. I have to admit that I don’t know you by reputation like I do others, so I couldn’t tell.