Should GDKP be banned now?

I have been one of the hugest supporters for GDKP. I felt and actually still do feel that it was the best and most fair loot system to reward players that put a lot of time and were good at the game. I found making gold in wotlk to be pretty easy and the main limiter was only the amount of time. GDKP rewarded those that played a lot . The players that would log in for raids and then not be seen from again until next raid would not have the gold to outbid. It also took out the luck and the drama of loot council.

But that was when buying gold was against the rules. Yes ppl cheated and bought gold. But i don’t judge a system on if ppl are cheating. Now EVERYONE can buy gold and its not against the rules. I don’t know yet if i think gdkp should be banned. But it sure feels different now. And yes i know ppl can work around the problem by using discord and stuff. But i also don’t think cheating the rules is a reason not to have them.

at this time, i am still going to run gdkps, but i won’t be feeling like most ppl in the raid will be earning the reward of their efforts.

11 Likes

Banning gdkp would have a negative impact on token sales.

21 Likes

It should have been banned years ago.

33 Likes

Lol, gold buyers were the ones running gdkp and for you to suggest otherwise is laughable

26 Likes

GDKP is nothing but p2w and is directly responsible for the addition of the wow token in Wrath. Some people like p2w, others do not.

41 Likes

OK!

The “Go buy gold and gear up in a GDKP” response to newcomers is literally encouraged by the developers now. The last thing they’ll do is remove the reason there’s any demand for gold at all

10 Likes

exactly. wow token is a player created problem.

7 Likes

I disagree, blizz could have prevented it easily enough. But they chose profits over integrity. For most Classic players this isn’t really that big of a deal since the only players left in Wrath are the retail kiddos that enjoy p2w anyway. As long as it doesn’t come to era or seasons it should serve as natural way to segregate those that enjoy playing the game and those that enjoy just buying their way through.

7 Likes

Did we all really think the company was just going to sit idly by and watch 3rd party syndicates rake it in unfettered?

4 Likes

How much money is a company obligated to spend to ensure its players stop being cheaters?

1 Like

so you agree that RDF was wanted by classic players . The classic players that wanted servers AS THEY WERE THEN? Some, very few, but some of the current players are against RDF and if you claim no classic players are playing, then its not the classic players that are against RDF. I prefer classic though so i think you are wrong.

Explain to me, logistically, how you would ban GDKPs.

Realistically speaking. Not some fantasy where Blizzard hires 10,000 more staff.

I’ll wait.

4 Likes

Eh, let the GDKP’s happen, but don’t listen to them when they whine about ToC being too hard even though they’re in ulduar gear and don’t know jack about their classes

As much as it takes. But lets be honest, it wouldn’t cost much. Many companies prevent gold selling to a large degree.

Again, you are obviously a retail player and enjoy p2w games. There is nothing inherently wrong with that. It is a bit shady though for a company to pretend their product is not p2w and then cash in when the subs start to decline.

5 Likes

Weird, I love Classic Wrath and absolutely loathe Retail. You’re welcome for the fact check of your bs.

1 Like

haha. maybe it should be.

botting n gold buying r big problems in da game right now funneled through gdkp.

take a look at dis guild asking for da gold cap to be raised.
Gold cap too low . plus da same guild asking for nerfs Nerf Ulduar .

a guild officer dat also sells gold on a discord while also running a gdkp discord. note da ranks n color of their name in da discords.

imgur. com/a/YdnNCOj

haha. here is a photo of a guilds guild master telling buyers in da gold selling discord how to get priority spots in da gdkp discord. note da ranks n color of their name in da discord. green is gdkp leader.

imgur. com/a/yboW7Pw

screenshot of dat same guilds gdkp discord promoting da same gold selling discord. haha. note da ranks n color of their name in da discord. yellow is leader.

imgur. com/a/GyQcgZf

dis one gold farming operation had 45,000,000 gold sold in tbc classic with da price of 12 usd dollars per 1000 gold. imagine how much has been sold in wotlk.

540,000 usd real life money earned through one gdkp selling gold to people. no one can say dis does not ruin da spirit of classic n promote pay to win culture. too much gold in da game from bots.

think about all da other gold farming operations on da classic servers. dis is just one example.

dis is a lot of real life money being earned.

haha. so funny.

6 Likes

monitor or disable trading of gold in raids would be a start. Loot becomes soul bound after 5 minutes of boss death.

They could monitor the gold traded by players of a raid to the raid leader during or after a raid. This would be done if a complaint was made. your question is no different than saying how would they monitor gold selling. no money transfer took place in the game, only gold and legit gold can be traded. So how were they able to ban/suspend players.

by making it against the rules could not 100% prevent it, but it also keeps honest players honest.

1 Like

Sure you do. Keep simping, someone gotta do it.

it was still against the rules. Of course it was happening. I dont think ANYONE claims it wasnt’. But buying gold from blizz and using it in gdkp is now legal. That is what this discussion is about, its not about if ppl sold gold and that gold was used in gdkp.