Should GDKP be banned now?

Nah, I’ll just keep playing bc I’m having fun. Posting hate about a game you pay for is totally healthy though :crazy_face:

Jilted lover syndrome is amusing and sad at the same time.

1 Like

Hahaha I’ve not played retail since WOD. Don’t hurt yourself trying to make a point. You’ll lose credibility and won’t be able to get it back.

Have more respect for yourself.

2 Likes

Me too. I’ll bet WoD’s changes were the catalyst that made you go, “this no longer plays well”.

where are u playing bc? that was my fav exp and if blizz would have left us servers, like we asked, i wouldn’t be playing wrath atm.

You apparently dont know much about GDKPs

1 Like

Uh, no, bc=because. But TBC was great, too, actually would love a reset to it.

Huh? You are obviously a retail player if you are for p2w. You may not be playing the current retail product but you share the p2w mentality. Again, I’m not saying there is anything wrong with it. Its just a deferent mentality than that of classic players.

Yawn, and more evidence of your retail mentality.

Just keep the p2w away from era and seasons and it should be fine. You and your ilk can continue to pay for your pixels. Cheers!

1 Like

Simple personal loot in raids

4 Likes

Worst idea ever. Blizzard tried it and even admitted it was a mistake.

1 Like

Add the PTR vendors that sell enchants, consumables, etc. for no cost. Add the big mounts like Traveler’s Tundra as a $10 store mount or something. Remove repair costs.

If they are going to give up on the economy, just remove the economy. If gold has no value, no point in botting or GDKPs.

1 Like

He didnt ask for a great idea he asked for a way to ban gdkps. With this community blizzard could implement the greatest Idea of all time for a mmo and it would get hate.

No gdkp will make money for blizzard indirectly for those seeking immediate prio. I do join them because I like money, but I gdkp needs a constant supply of fresh level max characters and without boosts bought or rdf the demand will fall off. So if I were to guess to keep demand for token high we will see rdf so people can get a level from just spamming a dungeon to destroy that blue rested bar.

This game is by popular demand so the next thing added after trail will be rdf to keep the people busy while waiting for the final phase of wrath. And there will be much rejoicing.

GDKPs only need a fresh stream of alts/new players as a phase drags on.

Once the next gear drops, everyone will scramble again to gear them up.

This isnt necessarily true. GDKPs nowadays are running hardmodes with consistant groups and not seeking pure buyers as much as they were prior to the hardmodes. With hardmodes and in MoP Mythic raids the groups will pretty much be no different than guild style groups where its the same people each week downing hardmode (mythic) bosses for the loot as that is where the gold is at.

The stream of new players will be more focused by any guilds that are looking to carry an individual or two buyers through the whole raid as a paid carry, not a GDKP.

Honestly i would spend 100k to a guild that would carry me and allow me to get any loot i want than go to a gdkp and have to bid war on a item with other players.

You will see guilds sell carries more with the token in the game.

1 Like

Not as simple a solution as you think.
They can’t figure out how to implement RDF… they aren’t going to write new code to disable gold transfer between players in raids because there are so many ways it would break.
There are STILL serious bugs they either refuse to or outright cannot fix. Class talents like DK DRW have been broken since prepatch and that’s the top blood talent.
Or if you are cynical, they don’t want to lose any more subs.
Either way, they will never ban GDKP.

1 Like

Theres zero reason to ban GDKPs. Blizzard could have done the right thing for the intergrity of the game and fully enforced their policies and banned rmters/botters and GDKP would still operate just as much as it does today. Instead they chose to double down on it. On the bright side atleast now more people will get to experience the best looting system pugging offers. Thats a win win

1 Like

Gdkp was always RMT.

9 Likes

Only for those willing to break the rules, or bend over backwards with retail gold trades.

Ive been doing GDKPs for well over 10 years and have never bought gold, illegally or through a token.

2 Likes