Shadowpriest in shadowlands LUL

Speaking as a rogue be careful what you ask to be removed, you’ll be disappointed

1 Like

This exactly, I think this whole new void priest takes away from shadow priests… I think they should go back to MoP style shadow priest.

7 Likes

Shadow ramp is “serviceable” in raids (though Wrathion and Vex are perfect examples of raid bosses who are flat out anti-shadow), but it’s worthless in open world activities and in Mythic+ it can only compete IF the tank pulls around you, but we all know what pugging M+ is like with our “square peg” damage profile for the “round hole” of M+ and our lack of meaningful utility there.

Having to ramp up for a full 70 seconds just to finally reach damage levels everyone else either opened a fight with or reached in less than 10, feels bad. Chorus of Insanity is the crutch keeping is upright now (a la Mass Hysteria in Legion), and you don’t get the benefit of Chorus until you drop Void Form…you know, that spec defining mechanic we’ve been conditioned for 4 years now to stay in for as long as we can.

The levels of “wonky” for Chorus functionality alone should make Blizz cringe. Add in how bad open world play feels and the struggle that is M+ being the only true “ramp” spec of the 36 specs in a burst-meta end-game dungeon system, and it’s clear we need some attention.

Let’s hope it’s as clear to Blizz as it is to us.

2 Likes

At this point I’m not even a Shadow priest anymore, I’m a void cultist. It’s not the same class fantasy I signed up for.

5 Likes

I feel like the easiest fix is Void Form instant cast and off the GCD… Instant cast at the bare minimum. Every single similar ability in the game is instant cast… Not sure why Blizz hates Shadow Priests so much.

1 Like

I see that this thread is on the front page again so I’m just going to use this opportunity to post a few of the many, many, threads of feedback that priests all around have posted since the alpha has revealed we’re keeping voidform for yet another expansion.

In BfA on the old forums we even created a “State of Shadow” thread that got thousands of replies. Virtually all the feedback was ignored.

I’m compiling all this so that if Mendye is right and priests are ignored (not just on Shadow but with other specs as well) for the 3rd expansion in a row then it might as well be documented somewhere.

7 Likes

Yes for sure!

I prefer the old Orbs and Devouring Plague style shadow priest over the void form one. Then again that’s just me.

6 Likes

Yup, RIP to the people who have had their spriests sense val.

Oh? So why is it that I can quest very comfortably in these specs, Destro and Fire. Why is it that I PvP comfortably as well? I confess I haven’t taken destruction anywhere close to its skill cap, but those who can tend to dominate in PvP. So clearly, these specs are fundamentally better designed if they can perform comfortably in many more game modes. So, care to explain why these specs take 2 minutes to do average damage? Because I couldn’t see this imaginary wind up of yours.

wow head chimed in!

" Overall the future looks grim for Shadow in Shadowlands at this stage. With many of the issues the spec has had for four years still unaddressed, Shadowlands is shaping up to be another expansion where the borrowed power has to fill the gaps in the base spec, instead of building upon it, only this time the base spec is in worse shape than it was 2 years ago. "

Taken from this article…

I feel like what blizzard is doing to shadow priests is what you do when you see someone you used to know in the grocery shop and just AVOID AVOID AVOID.

I have to agree…YES!!!

3 Likes

I recognize some of the author names from the priest forums and discord. Really well written article, I’m so just afraid it’ll be ignored as usual :confused:

1 Like

I just read the wowhead article about sPriest. It was saddening. And this was coming from the pros. Not the ‘casual scrubs’. Before people try and use that excuse to say the spec is in a good state.

The pros agree sPriest is in a bad state come SL.

2 Likes

I honestly think blizzard has actually compressed or reorganized their development staff to no longer have actual specific class devs like we did up until end of MoP. It is my theory they now pool them to work on the borrowed power systems and class will now only get minor tweaks. If this is true at all this makes me very sad and does explain a few things.

4 Likes

Supposedly Holinka was brought back to lead class design, the role that Celestalon had before. Hopefully something will change.

2 Likes

The shadow priest analysis on Wowhead even went into discussing how the borrowed power system isn’t really “good” for shadow.

Ie it went from “ok” to “does nothing for the shadow priest at all”

1 Like

While I dislike Holinka … he’d do a better job than Celestalon who straight up told testers “we are not discussing that”.

1 Like

They destroyed them I swear

1 Like

This just in: priests still being ignored.