Shadowlands Season 3 Ending Soon

Greetings Champions.

Shadowlands Season 3 is coming to a close, and our experimental Season 4 will begin with the weekly reset the week of August 2.

Here’s what to expect with the Season 3 end:

Shadowlands Season 3: PvP

• The current season of Shadowlands PvP content will end at 10:00 p.m. the night before maintenance in each region (August 1 at 10:00 p.m. PDT for North America realms / 2 August at 22:00 CEST for European realms).
  • With the season’s end, it will no longer be possible to earn PvP seasonal rewards, titles, or Shadowlands Season 3 rankings.

Shadowlands Season 3: Mythic+

• The current season of Mythic+ content will end with the start of regional maintenance on August 2. With the season’s end, ratings that qualify for the 0.1% “Cryptic Hero” title and achievement will be recorded.
  • The “Cryptic Hero” title will be rewarded during the following weeks after the season ends, so be sure to wait to change factions until after you have received the title.

Good luck battling to a glorious finish of the season!

33 Likes

Can you provide an update on the end of Season 3 Raiding? Will AOTC be going away, and if so when will this take place.

3 Likes

Well, I did ask for getting rid of the 2-week notice. I guess this is a great step in the right direction.

16 Likes

This is way too soon given the state of this tier? What are you guys thinking.

36 Likes

This is disappointing. Alliance is literally just closing out their hall of fame probably this or next week.

Every other guild only has 4 weeks to get CE now. If you aren’t on Jailer right now you aren’t getting it.

Way too soon.

23 Likes

Too soon, extend it by at least a month…

20 Likes

Another sign that Dragonflight is just around the corner ! Awesome stuff as usual ; blizzard ! I’m certain a lot of mornings were made happier with this news ; what a great time to be a WoW player :dizzy::rabbit:

5 Likes

Wait so when they were getting ready to roll out the hotfixes mid season the season is now ending in a month?

I’m glad they didn’t nerf it yet. It gives me time to catch up in order to be ready for season 4.

I’m off for the fall from classes so more wow in my future! I want that season 4 KSM mount!

I’d love to know more about this for CE as well.

We’ve just had our first kill and we have a bunch of folks who weren’t in for that. Is Cutting Edge ending on August 1st as well?

EDIT: There was a tweet 2 months ago saying it would leave https://twitter.com/ScarizardPlays/status/1522717525200433152?s=20&t=52ciIOEJ7MMJh6hOHwcWgQ

“yes, CE/AotC will leave when Season 4 officially begins, which is not at 9.2.5 launch.”

2 Likes

Echoing concerns of CE going away so early. Compared to raid tiers this expansion, this date is many weeks shorter than expected. Any confirmation on if CE goes away, as it was left off the messaging, would be much appreciated.

17 Likes

Good. Perfect timing for me. I should be getting AOTC either this week or next week. I already have KSM. I’ve been waiting for this season to end, because it’s closer to the end of Shadowlands.

I still can’t believe my 1st Blizzcon was when they announced this steaming load.

This is way too soon. You’re screwing over every mythic raid team who isn’t already mid Jailer prog.

30 Likes

“Experimental season”, but will have nearly the same duration as this season, also the CE time for this tier is a lot shorter than previous tiers and we hace to do progress with a full bugged halondrous and a ultra delayed nerfs for a very hard bosses, since for some reason this tier is more balance for a profesional players than average ones; is better just delay the season 4, and experiment that 2-3 months before dragonflight than let people withou the 0,1% title or CE, since these people are fighting for getting that two thinks very hard this tier and havnt enough time if have jobs/study.

16 Likes

Looking forward to it! Perfect timing imo.

1 Like

It is interesting that they did not mention raiding in this official post.

1 Like

Completely out of touch with your Raiding Community. Season 4 is a guild killer.

29 Likes

Great to see that Season 4 is well on its way. Excited to see some of the experimental raid additions.

One question is regarding CE/AOTC for this tier.

SoD was released (for Mythic) July 13th 2021. We had just about 8 months of prog in that raid, lots being spent on Sylvanas.

Given the release date for (Mythic) Sepulcher of the First Ones on March 8th of this year, that gives us just about 5 months of prog for Mythic if the date is now Aug 2nd.

As others have mentioned in the thread. There was tweet mentioned about CE/AOTC being removed with the launch of Season 4.

Is this still the plan or was that information left out of the post intentionally?

1 Like

We’ll find out if you can get alliance HoF without CE.

+1 for sharing info on whether CE goes away.

Do you really expect CE guilds to replay old raids we’ve already cleared and have fun? Keep CE in and just scale ilvl back for SOFO so we can go and continue to clear jailer for mounts to at least keep some interest in s4 alive.

1 Like