Shadowlands' NPCs no dialogue

I came back to WoW after many years of not playing as I heard many new good things and that the game was getting fixed. I started leveling my character looking forward to doing the Shadowlands campaign so I can prepare for Dragonflight. Going through the campaign it felt like I was missing information and nothing made sense, especially when I first got into Oribos as the NPCs seemed like they were just standing there even though I pressed a dialog option. I had to fill in so many gaps that it did not seem right. I was confused enough that I had to google it and came across this thread. This is terrible and coming back was a mistake.

11 Likes

I’m glad you were able to find this thread, unfortunately it doesn’t look like any progress on getting it fixed soon has been made, despite it apparently being “fixed” on PTR. This is extremely frustrating, the game’s core is essentially broken and there’s no word on any progress or time-frame.

People are only assuming “it will be fixed by Dragonflight”.

5 Likes

I very much care about the story, but this goes beyond lore. I’ve seen people think their character is broken because they get to Oribos and all the RP that isn’t happening is leading them to believe that the quest just won’t complete. (Who really expects to have to sit around in one place for a minute or two with absolutely no indication that something is supposed to be happening?) Even if you have 0 interest in the story, it’s a terrible experience from a gameplay perspective.

10 Likes

Having the same problem. I’m new to WOW… really have no idea what’s going on. This has been going on since August with no fix? Is this normal for this game/company?

4 Likes

Someone who has pull should tell ASMONGOLD about this. Blizzard leaves a ton of people hanging for months on a game they pay monthly for plus buying the box? He’d have a field day with it, and millions of people would see it.

5 Likes

For real, don’t know if he’s a lore guy but he would be great to have on our side.

3 Likes

Good idea. I have no pull but if some of us go to his channel to tell him he ought to notice at least one.

3 Likes

LOL I just helped Helene at the temple of purity. No idea what the F I was supposed to do because she was just hitting gongs randomly with no dialog. (I’m just going to post every time this happens because this is BS). I encourage everyone that’s experiencing this to do the same.

4 Likes

Just saw half of the interactions between Eridia and Nikolon at the Temple of Purity. No idea what the F was going on bc only half of the dialog bubbles were showing up. Hey Blizzard - your game doesn’t work. Since AUGUST. And you’re not doing anything to fix it.

6 Likes

Similar issue. When I hit the “stay a while and listen” many npcs just stand there as if they were talking as well as some other npcs just not saying anything at all then acting as if they did.

5 Likes

It’s a shame this been ongoing since august and Blizzard doesn’t do anything. Meanwhile Classic is having daily hotfix patches for stuff no one cares.

4 Likes

This is also happening for much/half of all the quest dialogue I’m doing in Zuldazar right now. I just watched Bwonsamdi do nothing while Talanji talked to herself for 2 minutes straight.

5 Likes

It’s getting real tiring and very difficult to engage in the world with this bug. Doing “Stay a while and listen” at Thrall in Korthia for instance, starts a one-sided dialogue where only Draka talks until Thrall’s final line. Not even in the chat log.

5 Likes

just watched lysonia walk around in the walk of recollection. seemed like it might have been important but she didn’t say a F-ing thing.

4 Likes

now i’m watching her kneel before someone. and she’s orange now. no dialog. I honestly hope the purple people beat the crap out of the blue people at this point. At least i can tell what the hell the purple people want. They hit the blue people. The blue people spend a lot of time walking around apparently lost in thought and ignoring everyone else. No wonder the purple people hate them.

5 Likes

lol i just watched a guy click and run through this quest like the people weren’t even there. Didn’t even wait for the no-dialog. 20 bucks says that everyone’s having this problem, and that blizzard only “thinks” its not a problem bc no one says anything. It’d be pretty funny if there was a bug of this size since august and no one knew about it because the player base was just sick of trying to get blizzard to do something. lol just happened again while i’m typing this. Keep up the good work.

Now I feel like the moron because i just sat through lysonia floating in front of a bunch of orange people that kneeled and then got up. then the stupid blue girl says she thinks she’s on to something and i get attacked by a purple robot cat. riveting gameplay

6 Likes

It is just depressing how major this bug is and is still running rampant after nearly 2 months. Blizzard, DO SOMETHING!!! Stop patching Classic with nonsense AND FOCUS MORE ON RETAIL.

6 Likes

Thank you for at least acknowledging the bug! Just came here thinking no one ever replied to the problem.

However like the others said the workaround does not work at all. The Dialogue just never happens, neither in voice, speech bubbles or text in the chat window. (With or without addons) NPCs just stand there in silence. And tbh… waiting for 5 minutes in front of an NPC just to see if the quest is progressing and just not showing or if it’s totally stuck just feels horrible :frowning:
Not to mention we are missing a lot of the story that way.

Please, please, please forward that this is still a huge issue. Just imagine someone new to the game experiencing this… why would they want to continue playing a game where the quests don’t work?

8 Likes

Adding in my 2 cents. As someone who has played this game for forever, this is a pretty game breaking bug. When you are trying to bring in new players before the new Dragonflight expansion, having as much missing story as you have right now is not a good look. Hopefully you guys can fix this soon. And not Dragonflight soon, like before that so newcomers can experience the story properly before the new expansion comes out.

11 Likes

I just empowered a bunch of runes for Maldraxxus. Not sure why I am empowering them as no one ever really gave me an explanation. Oh and the main Maldraxxus guy was killed, but I have no idea how or why it happened, cause Drakka was too busy meditating or something.

When I was done, they told me to go see Bolvar. I explained to him what I did, but he didn’t seem to care at all, so be both just stood there looking like a pack of fools.

It’s weird how there is some sort of Azeroth threatening event going on here, but no one seems to care. I probably should have just stayed home and RPed in the tram with some frisky orc.

/s

8 Likes