Shadowlands' NPCs no dialogue

Thanks for sharing all the instances of the bug happening. Please, I ask you kindly to keep going. Maybe then Blizzard can realize the huge extension of this bug affecting all the new and returning players.

Prioritize fixing this, Blizzard devs, please.

4 Likes

A thread relating to the issue has sprung up on the general discussions. It’s definitely affecting more than just a few.

5 Likes

So, I spent hours in Ardenweald doing everything that its denizens asked. All I wanted to do was deliver a message, but they said, “Do this and you can speak to the queen” or "Do that and you will get an audience.

I finally was able to present myself before the Winter Queen and gave the Primus’ message. It got weird after that. She just sort of waved her hands around like she was doing sign language. I though, hmm. Maybe this is a skill that I never learned. So, I checked my skill book. There are languages there, but none were sign language. Is there a trainer somewhere?

I’m left wondering if she agreed with the message and will join forces with Maldraxxus. She never did say. I guess we’ll never know. Maybe Maldraxxuw will have to go it alone.

8 Likes

Good catch! I’ll be posting there too. We need to put as much traction as possible to this bug, maybe then Blizzard notices it is a major bug that needs addressing asap.

4 Likes

I just watched Draka walk right by the corpses of pretty much everyone in the house of the Chosen. Baron Vyraz was saying a bunch of stuff… seemed like he was pretty mad about something… I mean it seemed like a big freaking deal. Lots of dead people. She must have known some of them. Draka just gave him the cold shoulder though. Didn’t say a word. She needs a Blizzard T-shirt ASAP.

Now I’m supposed to go prove something to Baron Vyraz and click the “?” on his face like I give a crap but I’m mostly wondering what Draka has to say about all of this. Seems pretty important. She must be waiting for dramatic effect. Imma log off and let her think about it for a while.

5 Likes

hahahah it would be hilarious if it weren’t depressing.

2 Likes

It is now October and the issue persists.

EDIT: I think I’ll see if maybe it’s fixed on Tuesday’s maintenance. I don’t expect it will be, but I’ll wait. Otherwise, I’m canceling my sub again until (maybe) it is actually fixed. GG Blizz.

6 Likes

I don’t want to demotivate you but I’ve been holding hopes for every Tuesday maintenance since August just to end up frustrated when I look at patch notes and see only hotfixes for WoW Classic. It really is frustrating when we put our hopes in this company, we always get screwed at the end.

It’s hard to believe we will have to live with that BS until the expansion or pre-patch hits, and even then the issue might still persist.

5 Likes

I don’t expect it’ll be fixed Tuesday, but technically kinda sorta maybe it’s possible. Who knows? Maybe some Blizzard intern was told to release bug fixes and misunderstood the order as being for retail WoW rather than WotLK…

… But now I recall that WotLK Classic is experiencing some of the same bugs that it released with over a decade ago and now I wonder if Blizzard really cares to fix bugs at all.

Only thing that might prompt me to stay subbed for the time being is I want to unlock Zandalar trolls because Dino Druids. Just seems like I would be better off going back to FFXIV or, hell, even New World has a big update coming and there’s no sub for that game at all. idk.

5 Likes

Yea, technically Tuesday maintenances would be the perfect moment to patch a bug like this one we are discussing, but I’m being frustrated week after week after week. Let’s hope I’m wrong! I’m too am not willing to play this mess until this bug is fixed. It is taking too long already.

5 Likes

Could any of you test if they have the issue on the current PTR? I did not encounter it there, but it could just be a coincidence, because sometimes the dialogues work.

On the PTR I was able to listen to all the “Stay a while and listen” dialogues in Korthia on that were missing for me on live servers.

If it’s true for you as well then this could mean it will be at least fixed with the Pre Patch for Dragonflight. Better late than never I guess.

4 Likes

If it’s working on PTR means that they can push a hotfix now for new and returning players to enjoy before DF pre-patch. This is still extremely unfair to them as they miss out on the originally intended experience of the questlines.

5 Likes

I did the vast majority of BFA’s quests entirely on the PTR when I first noticed this problem and I didn’t have that problem even once. So unless they managed to crap that up since then on the PTR (at this point, nothing would surprise me, sadly) , the bug is fixed and non existent on the PTR build.

6 Likes

We just need an update on this, Blizzard! I don’t care whether it’s good news or bad news, just tell us the status of the fix for this bug. I can’t and won’t play through any story quests until this is fixed.

10 Likes

Well I know I get excited about reset day for a possible hotfix, but seeing Wrath is getting 4 hour maintenance and retail is getting 1, I would wager the devs weren’t burning the midnight oil coming up with a solution to our problem.

6 Likes

The thing is though that the issue most likely isn’t fixable by hotfix. If they could fix it by hotfix, they almost certainly would have done so by now.

It’s probably only fixable by a full patch deployment, and their hands are currently tied until they can launch patch 10.0.1.

Basically, they should have fixed the bug before they released 9.2.7 even if it meant a slight delay. Apparently they decided that releasing the updated Auction House was more important than if the spoken dialogue works.

5 Likes

Maybe so and most people would understand that … if they would come out clean and tell us. And i feel this is the larger problem here. The lack of communication and transparency. Monthly subs are a business model that has come and gone and is mostly non existent anymore except for a few games. They still ask us to pay for a sub to play their game. That’s fine, but it comes with a responsibility to your subscribers to let them know what is going on, to communicate and inform, as much as keeping the servers up and running. Such a bug to go for so long needs more explanations and truth as to why nearly 3 months later it is still present and ruining most player’s experience.

Telling us it affects only a small minority of players and telling us to use a workaround fix pretending it fixes that problem when it’s been well reported here that it doesn’t is insulting. My sub is canceled. Even if it gets fixed, I’m still not coming back for a very very long time. Because of a joke like that

7 Likes

Another maintenance, no fix for the gamebreaking bug.

7 Likes

Like someone said, if you don’t have the resources to fix it, tell us. It’s almost cowardice at this point

8 Likes

Ive recruited 5 people in the last month and theyre all having this issue as well. It’s kind of hard to keep their interest in the game when they have no idea what’s happening. Please fix this already.

7 Likes