Missing NPC Dialogs (Spoken and Text)

Some NPC’s in Shadowlands no longer have any dialog text or voice. When clicking on an NPC and choosing the “Stay a while and listen” option, sometimes they will just stand there and only show the last bit of text. This occurred with the Windrunner sisters, Genn Greymane with Lor’themar Theron as well as Anduin Wrynn, and many others.

3 Likes

Known issue. It’s fixed on the Dragonflight Pre-Patch PTR which comes out on October 25th.

1 Like

Join us on these threads here to spread the word.

and

There is no guarantee that it will be fixed by Dragonflight (not an acceptable solution for new and returning players), it’s mere speculation to distract from the outcry. This has been broken for 2+ Months now.

2 Likes

This doesn’t really help the returning players like me who are wanting to get a character leveled up and up-to-date to prepare for Dragonflight and who do care about the story and the lore (yes I know to most players the story is more of an inconvenience but there’s still some of us who care about it).

It took me a while to realize I had missing dialogs thinking I was supposed to let my imagination fill in the gap regarding what was discussed until it got so bad I knew something was not right. Giving me only a month to go through BFA and Shadowlands for my toons because I sure am not progressing further into the story without any of it making sense.

3 Likes