Scouting Report: Hostile Natives does not progress

The mission “Scouting Report: Hostile Natives,” does not progress after accepting the mission. I simply teleport, and stand there. My characters (two confirmed) do not transform into the hozan for the NPC story.

Deleting or changing the WTF, Cache, and Interface folders do nothing, reinstallation does nothing, and repair through the blizzard launcher does nothing. Also, /reload ui, deleting old quests, refreshing the quest in question, and then resetting the game and PC does nothing to change the problem.

I do not use addons

8 Likes

The quest Scouting Report: Hostile Natives is apparently broken. The bug was confirmed in the PTR, and a post link to other community reports added to the 8.3 Known Issues thread.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/blocked-by-broken-quest-scouting-report-hostile-natives/404539

2 Likes

Still experiencing this in live.

2 Likes

I am experiencing the same problem. I can only advance my vulpera thru dungeon grinding or killing mobs. It’s kind of boring. Questing is fun in between dungeons.

2 Likes

I can confirm I’m experiencing this issue in retail.

2 Likes

STILL experiencing

2 Likes

I just experienced the same issue. I tried it multiple times, cleared the quest from my log to try it again and it still didn’t work. It just drops my character in front of the Jade Witch’s house instead of the Horde characters.

2 Likes

Receiving the same error. Tried dropping the quest and starting over, but nothing works.

1 Like

Still occurring, don’t bother trying to find a work around, every one has tried everything. Needs some attention from Blizz, hoping this 4 hour shutdown might provide a fix, but I highly doubt it.

1 Like

Tried the quest again after today’s server maintenance and still having the same issue.

2 Likes

I’m not sure a fix can be added via a hotfix; if true, until Retail gets a build newer than the current 33084, this quest is blocked.

On the PTR, a new 33095 build is available but the quest is blocked there still. If that build is pushed to Retail, the quest will still be blocked (barring a working hotfix).

1 Like

it’s sad and shows a lack of care or concern for their players because this has been reported well before this build went live…but furry money right

1 Like

Just wanted to confirm this bug is still live.

2 Likes

Still bugged

I’m getting this as well. At first I thought it might have been just a Vulpera issue, but I saw a regular Troll having the same issue as me while I was trying to find a workaround. Its a shame I could not level here as the Jade Forest is one of my favorite questing areas.

Update from Support: No concrete ETA for a fix.

2 Likes

Looks like my little fox will have to skip this. :sob:

Still bugged

I’m sadly experiencing this too. =/ Just encountered the quest last night and tried it again today.

still glitched :frowning: