S4 honor gear rating requirements - one more time

sniping is way harder when there are more people on the ladder; its why we need to do everything possible to boost participation.

Yes, having a bigger player base and having the gear to eliminate the elitism surrounding the top is just awful now.

I came back for S3 and S4. I’m disgusted to find S3 was only 17 weeks and now S4 is gonna be like 8-9 weeks. The only top competitive folks are if they were playing S1 and S2 and had all the precursor gear for it.

I put in time and effort to get characters ready and now all that time I invested to making those characters good just makes feel like I wasted so much of my time. I wanted to enjoy playing higher level competitive play. My characters were just ramping up to push for higher ranks.

I thought the season lengths of S1 and S2 would be representative of S3 and S4.

The inconsistencies and the lack of communication has made me upset. I don’t blame the top end elitist players for doing what they are doing. If they are allowed to do what they can to make it so their friends are the only ones to get it, then thats what’s going to happen. It’s up to the community leads to spot that, figure out good solutions to combat those problems within the parameters of the in game systems.

I was looking forward to Wrath, but if this is a precursor to what is going to happen in Wrath, I’m pretty much done.

I place the blame on the lack of community leads putting in the time to address these issues. I don’t know if they were muzzled/weren’t allowed to make any changes though. If they wanted to do those changes and invest into the community but weren’t allowed to act, then it’s not their fault. I doubt we will get an answer or the transparency on what is happening with TBC Classic though.

And because of that, I don’t wanna continue.

5 Likes

cant blame you for that choice; they completely wrecked TBC; this is truly terrible handling of a winner game.

3 Likes

it surprises me to hear you say this, of the posters I’ve seen around for a while, which says something as I’ve absolutely seen you defend Blizzard and their decisions when you find it justified.

I agree.

I also agree with the OP and the replies on the rating requirements.

1 Like

It’s been really sad to see one of the most flawed, but iconic pvp eras of Warcraft squandered so hard. This was really something a lot of people came back for and they ignored all input from players and implemented questionable changes without communication.

We hear from the dev leads once every 2 years when they announce an expansion, what is that? All this “community” bologna sounds so corny and hollow coming from them after ignoring us for so long.

1 Like

That’s because you’re biased. I’ve been criticizing Blizzard for years. There’s also a difference between defending Blizzard and defending the truth, which is usually what I was doing when I was called a “Blizzard shill” a hundred different times.

Here’s a thread I made, which was apparently deleted by a mod. Because I transferred to Benediction, it’s harder to find all my old threads but this is only a TINY selection of my criticisms over the years:

Here’s another one, on my retail character of the same name:

It was also my tweet that got the conversation on Dual Spec going:

1 Like

Maybe I am biased, and I won’t deny it. Certain things have really annoyed me over the last year in regards to TBCC.

Thank you for the quotes (I don’t read General Discussion so couldn’t have seen a few of them). I do not think you’re a shill at all (there are some who I do, you aren’t one of them), and I think when you’ve defended Blizzard you’ve done so with complete honesty.

Sorry if you took that post in the wrong way, I promise I meant nothing negative by it. I think you’re one of the good ones.

2 Likes

Can confirm, not even trying since those ratings are well out of reach

1 Like

This needs more visibility (you know, in the off chance it hasn’t been visible for whatever reason).

Thats my favourite so far

1 Like

well what would be worse.

• them seeing it and not caring.
  • not caring enough to look in the first place.

I really wish we could just get regular communication and it be consistent and delivered on time… Posts like this that bring up great points will never get addressed because they apparently just don’t care and don’t even play their own game.

5 Likes

I really hate Blizzard after this. They really don’t exist anymore. It’s like seeing a family member you love and care for years comes back and is addicted to drugs/booze.

You want the best from them but they keep breaking your heart. You give them more and more chances, but they continue to upset you.

I hate the lack of communication, its a basic thing. GMs in game didn’t address the issue with the honor. I was hoping but they don’t care about anyone’s time or effort and they are ok with them being screwed.

7 Likes

It’s sad but when they announced rating requirements on arena gear that never had it, like in season 1 and 2, that was it.

Even people like me who met the rating requirements for stuff before but just want to play more casual with friends now, I didn’t even bother.

In original tbc season 4 was kind of a lost season anyways.

They should really be encouraging participation they still are stuck on this cater to the small minority.

4 Likes

Yup, its silly and harms the game because now you must play with other good players.

as for those who don’t have the skills; they are buying weapons rating and this both kills participation and makes it so you cant play with RL friends and guildies who want to learn.

Worst part for me is the lack of participation makes getting games vs players in my MMR range kinda annoying, I either get zero points for wins vs players 400 points lower or take a L to a very organized team of R1’s that almost always win because they are obviously better.

Not only does it feel bad to exclude friends but it also feels bad to see the ladder is so messed up; the team distribution is all outa wack; honestly think the MMR system might be broken due to lack or participation.

If I were in charge I would do everything in my power to bolster participation; everything from killing outdated bad designs on rating on gear, to making a seasonal set of cool cosmetic only rewards, even some cool mini tournaments that have a special Q that normalizes your item level or something so that even new players can participate.

Blizzard has the tech and tools to do a lot, they just choose to sit on their hands everyday looking for their bum.

7 Likes

Incoming flame but I mean if you guys can’t even break 1600 then why do you NEED the best pvp gear available ? Am I the only one who doesn’t mind the rating requirements?

I want more participation, the ladder is very dead because rating req cuts the legs off the ladder.

removing rating req on gear to boost participation was 100% proven to work as demonstrated by MoP. never was i offended that new and unskilled players had the same gear I did.

3 Likes

Of course u weren’t offended because it meant u could steamroll to a win. I remember arena teams would purposely lose to get into a lower bracket to steamroll those teams to avoid the high rank teams.

Arena has always been flawed everyone should expect lack of participation on wrath now to save yourselves from creating these kind of topics in the future.

I have never tanked rating to smoke new players at any point ever.

What i meant was, in MoP when they removed rating req on gear for same item level gear; player participation blossomed and the ladder was insane, it was so full and lively at all times. even better was the fact that if I did end up fighting newer players in say 5’s or whatever because I have never put much into that bracket; it just felt better to play vs people who had the same access and quality of gear; the competition felt better because it was more fair.

1 Like

Well the other side of that question. If you are so good, why do you need an additional gear advantage?

7 Likes