/s macros broken as of oct 24th

macros containing /s, /me or other post to chat related / commands seem to no longer work as of oct. 24th. The /cast and other action related functions still work.
Tried it with and without addons turned on. Same result regardless.
Example of macro that is currently non-functional
“/s casting hym of hope
/cast Hym of Hope”

What does work
“/cast Hym of Hope”

2 Likes

Can confirm, this is also breaking some addons as well.

I see “Auto and Key” for self cast doesn’t save and goes back to Auto when relogged.
Some coding issues may be happening now.

I’m having the same issue. If I have all my addons enabled, then nothing happens at all when I hit my /e macro.

BUT, if I have my addons disabled, clicking the macro actually freezes my game for about half a second. If I just spam the macro, I can completely lock up my game until I stop. The second I stop hitting the button, my game is right back to normal. The message in chat still fails to appear, regardless of addon status. I can’t say I’ve ever experienced anything similar in my many years of WoW…

The macro was working fine <24h ago, so I know today’s maintenence is what broke it. I just want my booty pinch macro back!

Having the same issue, I had several macros to communicate in dungeons that are no longer working

Same thing happening here too

Thank you for this thread! I thought it was only me!

Same, have a /3 guild advertisement macro that no longer does anything when pressed.

Also /g for guild macros
/e for emote macros
all not working
macros are bypassing the chat embeds and go past to the function parts of the macro

1 Like

Think it must be something to do with RDF and new instance groups. When I put SendChatMessage(“I’m walking Here”, “YELL”) in a macro it comes back that I’m not in an instance group.

now i can’t yell biden blast when my insta pyro procs

I have a suspicion that they intentionally broke this functionality to stop trade chat/lfg spam.

Doubt it, works fine in retail.

1 Like

Nah they probably took out EXECUTE_CHAT_LINE as a quick fix for several blocking weakauras like the Feral OOC block that made use of MacroEditBox. Doing this ended up breaking tons of other macros/addons/weakauras.

1 Like

That’s actually a really good guess.

Confirmed, also happening to me. /s and /yell macros do nothing but freeze the game for 0.5 seconds. so a macro “/s test” does nothing.

But putting just the text in a macro box like “test”, will show “test” using whatever chat channel was previously used. So hitting “test” macro after a /say will show it like it was a say, using “test” macro after just using guild chat will show “test” in guild chat.

This is with no addons, as well as completely reset WoW Cache/Interface/WTF folders.

Occurred right after the 10/24 reset.

Same, this is highly annoying and making it much harder to communicate cds.

This is indeed what happened. Instead of fixing the fault they removed it completely. There’s work arounds already to bring the functionality back too. It’s hilarious.

Confirmed. The only way to put information out in public channels is to copy & paste. You can no longer use a macro from whatever Blizzard did. Someone on my server Discord posted a work around script when you cast a spell and whisper a target player but I am not going to post it here. Supposedly the script players come up with circumvents whatever Blizzard broke.

also have it happen to a macro with a raid warning in it. it places the fish feast and a flare but no warning.