Running Stockades cross realm is a crime, but doing 2's arena is not

This is the forum post I found deep in the WoW classic forums where some shaman threw a fit because the tank didn’t in time, this is without RDF.

When I was new to that game somewhere around early to mid of last year. When I did my first dungeon in that game, I know tanking basics because I have played a tank before in WoW but I was kinda nervous as the game was still new to me. Somewhere in the middle of the run, I asked “am I going the right way?” someone responded that I’m in the right direction and I was doing well and I was like well thats something that I’m not very used to where as like receiving sh*t from someone because I wanted to pull a mob because most of the time it gets pulled anyway in WoW.

Thats the only story that i have in my memory because I do sometimes have a… goldfish memory but even if its not directly towards me I have not seen someone berate another person for their dps or told others are bad in groups I have been in.

The only thing I will come to an agreement is that the FFXIV community has this toxic positivity about their game, say anything remotely negative about their game and they will get overly defensive like their life depends on it and some other weird stuff like the billboard thing.

looks at all the alts I made specifically because I was hitting level 70 on multiple toons

…Mr. Stark, I don’t feel so good.

False inequality. You can’t group cross server to run arena.

And this is an entire google search history with post after post after posts of toxic stuff happening with RDF

I could go on and on and on. But I would run out of room to type. I simply choose the first few that came from the search results.

Thats the first thread. It capped out

Whats this…6 times I’ve embarrassed you now?

there is no cross realm arena teaming in wrath… only with your own server.

Is Classic more toxic than retail? (Reddit thread)

Toxicity at an All-time High? (Reddit thread)

Even your blizzard watch article mentions RDF and manual group forming (Mythic and Mythic+)

Classic is getting very toxic… and it’s dangerous (WoW thread)

Blizzard has made Mythic+ dungeons far more toxic (WoW thread)

Mythic + toxicity (WoW thread)

Mythic plus Toxicity (Reddit thread)

Mythic + is some of the most toxic content I’ve ever experienced. (Reddit thread)

Mythic+ toxic players rant (Reddit thread)

I could go on but time is kinda valuable to me.

Whats this… me telling you and other anti-rdfers that RDF is not the cause of toxicity here, even without RDF back in the day there were toxic people in original classic, TBC and wrath (pre RDF) as I was reading through some of the threads I have posted.

Please read this again

At this point I’m kinda getting tired of trying to argue and get my point through your thick skull about this. No matter what tool you propose on how you get into and form groups, you are still going to get these uncertain individuals.

The solution to curb toxicity is Blizzard taking action against toxicity within their game… but this is a dream and probably won’t happen.

I’m calling BS on that comment

So you proved M+ also is toxic. Great! You went through all that work…however…
you did not disprove RDF was not toxic… You simply tried to strawman the conversation in hopes that showing evidence of something completely unrelated would make you right.

This is like linking a medical study on Tylenol to prove illegal street drugs are actually not bad for you…LOL

Embarrassment # 7

The individual chooses to be toxic because the tool allows him to be toxic due to being able to simply hit a button without any repercussions.

This also indirectly effects the RDF/M+ argument, because RDF opens the pool to all servers like M+ does.

So congrats, you indirectly believe that RDF is toxic. Glad we come to terms with it.

Embarrassment #8

Are you done, or are we going for 10+?

Does OP know there isn’t cross realm arena?

Cross Realm is when Classic starts to die. It’s not so much RDF, its Xrealm specifically… That said, leveling is improved so much by RDF it may be worth the downsides for dungeons up to max anyway.

1 Like

You mean you can still do this stuff in classic wrath? i.e ninja looting, being toxic and griefing and still get away with it because mega servers are a thing and you need to be the biggest scumbag possible to even be known by your server? I think I even told you that brother accidently roll need on a spellpower ring in Scholomance once in TBC classic in prepatch had no repercussions against him.

Also I can queue up for a battleground and I can troll an entire game and bring grief upon these unfortunate souls that happened to be teamed up with me and somehow I would not have repercussions against me so by your logic, you should advocate the removal of the ability to solo queue into a battleground aswell and the only the way you can enter a Battleground is to join or make a group since you care about the server community so much.

The individual choose to be toxic, this is not exclusive to one system, this applies to all facets of the game.

We have server discords where these things are talked about. Ninja looted something? Awful person? Dropping some gamer words? Screenshots posted on discord and any guild worth a damn will never invite said individual. I’ve even seen plenty kicked from guilds once reported to the community. Added to enough ignore lists? Groups become harder and harder to find over time. Again, hard concept for people lacking social skills.

Embarrassment # 9

Even if you get black listed, you can change your characters name, either by paying for it or you could delete your character, make a character with the same name, restore the previous deleted character with the same name and that restored character will be flagged for a name change and that is essentially your get out of jail free card without paying the money.

So in all reality is why should I have to worry about a blacklist when I could simply change my name freely?

You cant change your account name. Also, that stuff costs money. Going to continue to drop $10 every time you make people angry?

Also, it has a 30 day cooldown. Thus, not “freely”

Nice try though. Embarrassment #10.

I mean my characters name… not my account.

Another embarassment.

Exactly what I said?

Jebus you’re desperate.

Here’s one. You LFG people suck and I’d rather group with people who aren’t snowflakes who need special groups.
RDF is great for avoiding uptight, fun sucking players! :smiley_cat:

1 Like

i was there, i dont remember any such thing happening.

1 Like

does this guy even realize reddit threads and wow posts are not “proof” of anything other than someones opinion? no way to verify the one sided story being told.

1 Like

Yeah because you cant seem to understand… which is a classic among these Anti-LFDers.

Where is the social aspect of grouping? I list myself as a dps in this LFG and wait till I get invited or I just spam LFM [insert dungeon here] in LFG till the group is full.

Social interaction? Most of that stuff happens in guilds and if you want that deep social interaction and community than you should join or create a guild, Dungeons is not the place for that.

Fear of repercussions and accountability? I have said this, it barely matters in Classic, I have heard people get away with douchebaggery before and still somehow able to join a guild, do dungeons and raids etc. This stuff used to matter back in the day as servers had a capacity and communities were small and tight knit back than and if you ninja looted a spellpower ring as a warrior, you might aswell be running for the hills.

RDF enables toxicity? my “friend”, do you realize you are playing an online game? back in original Classic, TBC and Wrath (pre RDF), I was probably told that I was bad (to be fair I was bad), told to unalive myself, someone tell me they had intercourse with my mom and among other things. Its not the tools fault that makes the individual toxic, its the individual that choose to be toxic and this logic could apply to someone in your manually formed and cherry picked dungeon group, in your raid group, battlegrounds, arenas, anywhere in the game and even RDF groups. You want talk about what causes more toxicity? I would say damage meters and logs as so many people live and die (ingame) on those two things, you don’t do perfect dps? you are berated upon and a chance to get removed from the group, You do not have a perfect parse? you are berated and maybe gatekept.

Anyways, I’m done. There is nothing I can do other than rehash of the same points and keep arguing with you while you are tunnel visioned on the “fact” that RDF causes and enables toxicity, how it “removes” Social aspect of grouping and interaction and how it “removes” repercussions and accountability but you are letting that toxicity happen within your RDF group, Vote kick is there for you my man, call em out on the toxicity and you can ignore them since he/she will not be put into your next RDF group.

Its not the tool’s fault that causes the toxicity, its the individual (like you, me and anyone that plays this game) that choose to be Toxic.

1 Like