Runed Crests; how many did you get?

I know the answer as to why the runed crest are low, 616 should be all you need to beat ?? Zekvir (the final challenge).

So why would they bother including a small amount of crests anyways right? To incentivize you to do M+ and Raids to max that gear if you’re unable to complete ?? with full 616 gear.

removes tinfoil hat

Realistically, I don’t know why they made drops so non existent but my best guess is to not overshadow group content. (I’m not saying it’s a good choice, just my idea of what it is)

No, I don’t think they were intentionally capped at 2.

I think there’s a better chance that they were accidentally left on, then turned off, and whatever you had when they turned it off is what you’re capped at (for delves)

But that’s also speculation.

That would be in line with the exploit early exploit often theories. If you did them early you might’ve gotten some crests but then they turned them off until next week.

Yikes. Bad take considering the massive advertising campaign they did for delves being standalone progression.

I proved the progression doesn’t exist outside of Great Vault. No item upgrades minus one every 7.5 weeks.

I have 9 so far after all these runs not able to upgrade any heroic raid gear at all.

Cheers bud.

When did you do yours?

Seems like everyone who posted about it got capped after Wednesday.

Standalone progression maxing at Heroic. They never said you would be able to upgrade the Heroic gear to max.

Heroic track is what 6 or 8? I can’t remember. But getting all pieces to 3/6 or 4/8 (whatever it is) is making them Mythic gear. Which, as a solo player myself, we have no need for Mythic gear anyways. I doubt delves will ever be pushed that far.

To be fair it honestly is a good progression for world content players.

I do think that runed crests should drop from delves, however i dont think the acquisition rate should be the same to m+ or H raid.

If it was it would in a way invalidate m+. Get your items then ignore m+ and farm delves for crests.

Best bet is that blizzard was not happy with how “easy” delves were before Wednesday and how easy it was to farm runed crest.

So they disabled rune crest from dropping until they figured out delve scaling.

Would’ve been nice if they told us of course.

But people are still getting capped at two on new characters.

Yea, thats definitely way too low imo.

Honestly idk what they should do. Maybe make it 2 per run? Idk.

Or 10 per key. You’re capped at 4 keys per week. Hell, even 5 per key.

1 Like

They probably just forgot to turn off the bonus for first completion but turned off the amount given for end of delve.

Yea thats a much better idea xD.

I really hope you’re right. But disabling it, you would think, would be easier than capping it at two.

At the same time, if you are right, those of us who used keys this week are SOL.

It could be something like…

(Hypothetical numbers)

Delves are supposed to reward 5 for end of delve

And an additional 2 for first run of the week.

So they turned off the end of delve reward but not the first completion.

Once again, we won’t know until Tuesday really.

Way i see it, you should be able to max any item you get in delves from delves.

I just dont think it should be at the same rate as say ppl who farm 8+ or heroic raids.

1 Like

The big issue is, even if they start dropping on Tuesday, those of us who used our keys this week are completely SOL.

I was capped at 2 crests I believe as well. Instead of crying on a public forum that its gonna take too long to upgrade my gear, I joined some raiding groups. I’m grateful that I was able to get some pieces from T8 delves. There was never an expectation that they hand out high end gear and the upgrades for it too

+4 to +8 I think it is. Carved for lower, gilded for higher.

1 Like

Exactly. I’m not asking for parity, I’m asking for a progression path that is reasonable.

1 Like