#RP-PVP Realms, Reconsider One Realm

No, that wasn’t an allied NPC nor was it a quest NPC for alliance.

You’ve managed to pick a single edge case that could not possibly have come up for Alliance characters unless you intentionally sought it out.

You can use the same for RP PVE Servers as well, what stops Stormrage elitism from ruining At a moonguard or whatever normal rp server we get,

Not saying you’re wrong but those people you talk about are a minority and probably not big shots hardcore PvP griefers are ED O.G they’re more cutt throat then 99% of these retail guys.

You lose nothing for supporting this, I will respect you all the same if you don’t, but at least give us a chance to prove you wrong about this.

I’m not talking about killing opposite faction quest givers; like guards, those would flag you, yes.

I’m talking about killing objects of routine kill quests which happened to be of an opposite faction race.

1 Like

And I’m saying that almost all of those which were actually aligned with the faction (as opposed to being random members of the species, but not members of the actual faction; such as the Defias Brotherhood, who are humans, yes, but not members of the Alliance) would flag you.

The Brill quest is one of the only exceptions. Probably because it takes place entirely in Horde territory, where characters would not have been autoflagged even on a PVP server.

I can’t recall 100% but thereamore NPCS may of been like this, not all of them but some, Like on a guard tower. in more of the south, compared to those closer to the city. I’m not sure if that’s a bug or intend, but it’s food for thought.

1 Like

Sounds like what you’re talking about is irrelevant to my point, then. There were plenty of human and night elf NPCs that Alliance player characters might consider friends that weren’t formally Alliance faction members.

Edit: I just went to check, and even now the warsong orcs occupying Silverwind Refuge don’t appear to be PVP flagged, nor do the night elves at Silverwing Outpost.

1 Like

Hasn’t Emerald Dream, and RP-PvP server, been one of the more popular servers since it launched? It’s no Stormrage or whatever, but still.

I mean, they opened RP-PvP servers during Vanilla because there was a demand for them… why would they think there wouldn’t be some demand for them now?

5 Likes

Wow, really surprised they were considering that. RP/PVP Is niche no doubt, but I think it absolutely should be represented. I’m going to stick to my normal RP Servers but both need to exist. Add me as another voice looking for RP/PVP Servers to exist!

3 Likes

+1 for RP-PvP servers. That is the server type I was most interested in rolling on. Please consider at least one at launch!

3 Likes

They need to really consider making an RP-PvP realm.

I have friends who 100% want to play on one, and it would be a real shame if they didn’t have an RP-PvP server to play on.

Over the last two years, Emerald Dream has been one of the best servers for world PvP, why would they not want to have that happen in Classic? World PvP will already be a thing, on RP servers it’s just amazing.

4 Likes

Private servers are almost exclusively PvP, and there hasn’t been a single vanilla PvE private server with more than like a hundred players in ages, if ever. Every single “big” vanilla private server, the ones you heard of even if you never had any interest on playing on a private server, has been a PvP server. It’s just the way things work.

3 Likes

Less ability to run around and grief events by killing the people involved. On RP servers, we can report them for griefing.

WE NEED RP-PVP

From my experiences on Emerald Dream over the years. That is one of the most active communities ever, one of the few realms that kept it’s identity after everything. We NEED a classic Emerald Dream.

6 Likes

“We’ll see”? That basically means no in WoW dev speak.

Pardon me for throwing a fit, but I’m genuinely frustrated that they don’t seem to want a single RP-PvP server.

Looks like I need to start looking for another game to spend my money on incase they follow through…

Edit: Ok, after my initial reaction, this isn’t 100% a make-or-break for me…I just don’t want to feel like I’m playing on the wrong server the entire game.

I’ll probably en up going to a PvP realm if I still play, but it’ll still be sad.

Sigh…whatever. Thanks for making this post, OP.

6 Likes

Let’s get a blue post in here. I want answers from those who have wronged us.

1 Like

I just can’t believe that they wouldn’t add at least one RP-PVP server at launch. The RP-PvP servers in vanilla were always relatively high population so there is clearly a market for it. I plan on rolling on an RP-PvP server since RP is such a fun aspect of any MMO. It hurts nothing having them make at least one at launch. If there isn’t one, we should all figure out a pvp server and have that be the unofficial RP-PvP server

4 Likes

Thing is, if they’re holding “we may launch RP-PvP later on” over our heads for months, I may not even play while I wait for them.

If they’re going to put them out they need to include them at launch. The server type being too niche is a self fufilling prophecy if Blizzard decides to wait until everyone is well established elsewhere.

11 Likes

I have never read something quite as defeatist as this.

The frustrating part is that they for some reason felt it relevant when RPPVP servers were implemented. The reason they were implemented when they were was because NOT having them at release was a giant oversight and they finally heard the clammoring for them. It is not as though they were held off for a reason like DM is being held off due to progression.

Waiting until players are already leveled, skilled and geared on another server before you start to consider giving them the server they wanted all along is so backward.

5 Likes

Remember what that band of derps did to Moon Guard for their project 60. :confused:

Imagine the hell they’d wreak on an RP-PVP server.

It is still defeatist. You suggest to not have something we enjoy because bad actors might attempt to ruin it. Are you reading what you are posting?

2 Likes