Rogues are seriously overpowered

Lol, why remove the most fun / balanced bracket?

1 Like

oh boy

5 Likes

Nah I don’t actually follow anyone around but I do pay attention. :slight_smile:

So as for this name, I logged onto my Vanilla server on the WoW release day of 2004 and tried to call myself Moo, it was taken so I tried Mootwo and it wasn’t. I thought about the Pokemon thing a few days later and it’s perfect so I run with people thinking it was that. Other things people come up with are also pretty good.

The Moo emote is fun too. If I’m on an alt and I moo twice at people in BGs or whatever that’s who I am but no one really gets that. I’m saying about it here though. :wink:

This will always be the main/name I use for this game, I’m attached to it.

3 Likes

I certainly hate 5s, but I dont want to see it removed.

1 Like

I would be sad, because excluding Wrath and WoD 5’s was really good.

1 Like

skill issue

says the deathknight lul

1 Like

Lol, I feel the majority of y’all have never seen even a half decent rogue in game

@the people who claim warrior is supposed to be rogue’s counter class

Purely amateur take tbh.

I guess you guys never heard of paladin, feral druid, warlock, Shadowguard priests, dwarf priests, orc racial, and the soft counter, hunters mark. War is not the counter lmao.

Yea warrior counters TRASH rogues, but then again, who doesn’t?

1 Like

Correct, rogues traditionally have no counter. In early wow versions, hunters were supposed to counter rogues, but were never allowed to be powerful enough. The idea was:

Hunter > Rogue > Warrior > Hunter

Hunters were supposed to be able to pull rogues out of stealth and kite them. Rogues were supposed to be able to control and kill warriors. Warriors were supposed to be able to repeatedly charge hunters to prevent kiting.

Bunch of newbs here who don’t know what they’re talking about. There was a dueling league in classic in 2019 and 2020 with many high skill players (e.g., venruki and snutz), warlocks and frost mages won, shadow priests had the third highest winrate. Rogues were #4. They’re not even the best at dueling, they’re mostly the best at open world ganking. But who cares, thats the class identity.

1 Like

In a 1v1 battle w/o consums or toys. A hunter should win 99.9% of the time. I just dont see how a rogue can get an opener on a hunter if the hunter knows he is around. With track hidden you can see them 10 yards out.

2 Likes

whats the best class in classic to counter a rogue?

Can some one go smack that pally down please lol hes got too big of an ego and a little humbling could help him.

A few of us have been trying Levick but he’s a scaredy cat so he hides.

Typical of the best pvper lol oh well

1 Like

I literally just made a list in the above post.

Feral will just bear form faerie fire. Warlock will succubus your opener. Shadowguard priest has a 30% chance to stun you every time you open. Dwarf priest removes blinds and crippling. Orc racial; nothing to explain here. Hunters mark is a soft counter because a good rogue can beat an unaware hunter but a skilled hunter who gets a mark off on a distracted rogue is GG. Can also randomly lose to any spriest based on blackout rng.

1 Like

Cold facts. There should be an entire category called anger issues
This fits right in.

1 Like

On bigglesworth, there was an Undead rogue who camped in IF all day. Used the cross faction speak and everything. Pretty cool guy tbh. He would wreck most people. Managed to kill him a few times as a holy paladin, only because he didnt run away. (Stun,judgement,shock and meteor combo on half hp)

Some people really sleep on how good stoneform is, great blind/poison counter.

3 Likes

Tried to explain this somewhere above, Spriest, and lock are an order of magnitude more powerful when played correctly,Same with Frost / Ele-mage
 My old mage now languishing in Wrath server who had 8/8 T2 God mode set bonus; I cant think of a time when a rogue was successful in a single gank
 They just died tired and low on consumes.

While leveling my new pala I clapped many rogues on the way up
 Only S-priests, Locks and geared Ele-Sham made me bleed my own blood. IMO pala is better in duels than a rogue by a lil bit, tho I think pala is a far more gear dependent class. I dont claim to be good at Pala, but its certainly an easier class to slay other melee with than rogue, hell its even good vs frost mage,

1 Like