Returning player can't find any OLD characters

Can not find my characters don’t remember what realm I was playing them on. Reloaded the game for shadowlands and can’t make allied race or find my vulp characters

Your posting character is on Dalaran, if that helps give you starting point! :slight_smile:

Yeah I had switched servers for my main goby war and now can’t find them

Hmm, your achievements only show the Mag’har Orcs as unlocked.

Link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/dalaran/jackalyna/achievements/reputation

Did you perhaps have an additional Battle Net account?

Yeah but just one with all expansions. I had a vulp monk named Nofoxwang I was playing in august September

Is this the account that has the vulpare on it? Because it doesn’t show that you ever unlocked them. It is only showing that Mag’har Orcs was unlocked.

I did a lot of grinding to unlock them and yes it was on this account. Is there a database to look up characters by name?

And it’s not even showing all the characters I have on the web page only this one and a 16 pally on this server

I just had this issue. Unfortunately you’re going to have to remember the server you were on and log on to it. The realm list is going to show no characters, but they are there. Blizzard customer support can point you in the right direction of your characters.

Would be great if they just told me what servers

They’ll come around eventually. An SFAs job has a lot to go with it, but posting on the forums isn’t necessarily high on that list. It’s also midnight where HQ is and 2 am where their other campus is.

Give it a few hours and they’ll check in when they start their rounds for the new day’s shift.

Looks like the monk is on Uldum

I am also a returning player after 10 or so years, last expansion I had was WOTLK. Can’t find my old characters anywhere, looked through most of the realms trying the restore deleted character option. Might have been associated with a different account, but the email should have remained the same. If you could help that would be much appreciated, I had a mage and I think a DK and lock.

This looks like a new account, Gobe. You can only use an email on one account at a time. What is possible is this is an extremely old license that was never associated with a Blizzard Account - at all. In that case, you’d want to pop in a ticket to see if we can find it and help you get it associated. Anything you can remember would be helpful in your ticket - character names/realms - what you actually named the account (back then - each license was named), etc.

OK thanks so much for your help, I will try that. Can you direct me to where to place a ticket? Every time I try to go through support I end up in a cycle of troubleshooting FAQs.

Edit: Nvm I finally figured out how to place a ticket; thanks again for your help.

You can use the Can’t Log In category for this, since that helps when recovering an account.

Click “Contact Support” then World of Warcraft > “I would rather categorize the issue” > Account > Can’t Log In > Recover email address.

You’ll need to attach an ID, but then just fill out the description on the next page to include a contact email and whatever information you can recall about the account. What email it was under, what name, character/realms (include race, level, class if you can).

If you want it on your current Battle.net account be sure to include that.

Alternately, if you type into the box “Trying to recover an old account”, the support article it provides has a contact us link that takes you to the same place.

I cant find any of my characters. I remember transferring one character about 6-8 years ago but all the rest should be on boulderfist. tried all the troubleshooting and still nothing.

Usually that would indicate that you’re logging into the wrong WoW account or wrong Battle.net account.

Also, be sure to actually choose the realm from the Realm Selection screen so that it populates the realm numbers correctly. It will tend to show that you don’t have any characters on any servers when just looking at the realm selection screen when you’ve been away for a long time.

You might also need to log in to the realm for it to populate your characters.

Though the WoW license you are posting on was originally created in 2010, I don’t really see much activity for WoW on this one.

You started on WoW Classic September of 2019, but for WoW, that’s all been recent.

It seems Perl would be correct in that you might be looking at the wrong account for your old characters. If you could provide some reference points like some character names/realms along with approximate class/race/level, I might be able to find your old account. Though ultimately, you’d need to contact our Support staff in order to reclaim that account.

Try the following Support Article. The direct link in it will allow you to submit a ticket so our staff can help.

1 Like